+ Reply to Thread

Thread: zaliussssssssssss     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

zaliussssssssssss

dearest zalius

i need to know what songs that when you listen to them high you think are epic

like right now im listening to Spitting Venom by Modest Mouse, and im stoned, and its just blowing my mind and shit

so what other songs are good??

Banned.

BG Level

oh shit i have a thread one sec

Banned.

BG Level

i have a kind of set rotation between songs that i always REALLY wanted to hear high, but ive been sober for a while so im sure theres stuff im forgetting, BUT FOR NOW

if you havent, for the sake of your life, get Forty Six & Two, Aenima, The Patient, Parabol, Parabola (listen to them back to back) going when you are absolutely mcblown out of your fuckmind. i honestly dont think theres better high music than tool. A perfect circle is a totally different vibe high, but still some of the best youre going to find.

10 years kind of has a tool musical vibe, but their lyrical form is a lot different. If you havent already, check out The Recipe, Half Life, Insects, Paralyzing Kings, & The Autumn effect. Their sophomore album was kind of a let down because it dropped most of what drew me in to the band in favor of studio post-production, which really bugs me, and the content is a lot more straightforward and less poetic, the melodies get kind of convoluted, and the heavy rhythm is gone except for on russian roulette (which was supposed to be Chemical Christ, but they changed the name to some more bitchy name)

other than that, i listen to a lot of instrumental guitarists now, so its been a while since ive gone music fishing. i have over a weeks worth just on this PC, so its hard to call a couple, but we'll go from here. if i remember anything ill tell you though

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

missing "reflection" from tool songs

Banned.

BG Level

id say thats more towards the phase 2 though, i was going under the assumption he wasnt listening to tool high. it took me a while to graduate to third eye & reflection, but theres a lot of times that i will seriously listen to every single studio tool album in their entirety in order without stopping. the first time i decided to do it was like...shit, this is gonna take a lot of time. i can just do it whenever i feel like though, and have been like once every 3-4 months min.

the rest of the time i just rotate music. for the last year or two years ive been listening to primarily instrumental guitarists though, so me and music with vocals have had a falling out of sorts

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

download the ff7 "costa del sol" music and just listen to it

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius View Post
    if you havent, for the sake of your life, get Forty Six & Two, Aenima, The Patient, Parabol, Parabola (listen to them back to back) going when you are absolutely mcblown out of your fuckmind. i honestly dont think theres better high music than tool. A perfect circle is a totally different vibe high, but still some of the best youre going to find.
    doing this now... ive done APC high before, and it was cool... i think ill try Acroma next time they were a toolish type band that idk if they're around anymore

Banned.

BG Level

oh, awesome. youre about to go on the journey of a lifetime myguy. see you on the other side

Banned.

BG Level

it also helps to know the lyrics and follow up on some of the concepts, but stuff like aenima, parabol, parabola are all at least fairly straightforward enough to get you into the band itself.

other than that though, theres a kind of progressive growth in thinking throughout the albums. the aenima CD is more of a collective intellectual growth album, and for a lot of people, it can really open/expand your conscious understanding of the world, how it works, and where you fit into it. lateralus is kind of the step after that. third eye will take you a while to understand from that CD though if youve never really put the whole thing into the context of your own life