+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone teach me...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Can someone teach me...

I just got Photoshop and I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to use it. IM me... DarkMistSkeleton on AIM and Yahoo...

Thank you,
    DarkMist

I'm at a loss for words really... do you plan on telling us what you intend to do with it? I mean it's pretty easy to figure out and most of what you wanna find out is easy by looking for a tutorial online.

Other then that File > New Document is your best bet to learn.

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Find Photoshop CS on the list>Hit the delete key>Follow the instructions on your screen.

Thank you... But I prefer not to uninstall it... Anyway thats why I wanted people to IM me so I could as them questions... I mostly intend to make still avatars and stuff... so yeah...

Get a book, you can't learn Photoshop in a day, it's a rather large program, but not necessairly complex. I took Photoshop classes in HS and College so I know it relatively well, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leech my years worth of work to someone else >.>

Best way to learn: Fiddle around until you get the basic understanding of it, learn from your mistakes and what does/doesn't work.

They taught photoshop is your HS? Lucky... I had to learn it from scratch like a bitch. Anyway, Photoshop CS sucks, I like 7 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    but that doesn't mean I'm going to leech my years worth of work to someone else >.>

Best way to learn: Fiddle around until you get the basic understanding of it, learn from your mistakes and what does/doesn't work.
    Stfu you act like you would be digressing from your current state if you shared this info with him. 1. I bet you are not at your job relying on your uber ps skills are you. 2. Post some of your work so we can critique you, I would like to know if your time you put in, was worth the money since advanced ps study's are 1337 class' offered only at yale and such.
    3. Nice recovery though on the post.

Bro just do google and do ps tutorial, I have a ton at home in a folder I will just send you I am not sure if they all work or not. See I got my ps edumacation from a city school and then on my home pc (Almaa + AIM + PS = pissed off manthra) so I can share and not worry about a govt conspiracy to cover up the secrets I will be giving you so leech away homey 8)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Endo, it still looks to me like you're limping.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Endo, it still looks to me like you're limping.
    Its part of the recovery phase, see the withdrawl symptons of ffxi make you limp, eat fruit, go outside, run 1.5 miles, and be a complete asshole to all who get within range of your cpu. It should subside soon though, if all of you got copy's of EQ2 and joined me there the process would speed up and I would be healthy again

The point I'm trying to get to him as it's often better to learn from scratch. Not saying I'm awesome at Photoshop, I've just been taught how to use it [for the most part]. The HS class was ok...kinda lame, I did learn a few new things but not that many honestly since I toyed around with that stupid program a lot (it was 7.0 though, not CS). College I learned a bit more, but all the work I did there with it was with photographs I took, and to actually see the difference you'd need to see the raw original image then the digitally modified one after.

Nor could I ever post them, the files are well over 20+ megs XD Shrink them down and you'll lose tons of quality in the resolution.

Why not use convert it into a vector based image with some program (freehand etc) and resize it like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Why not use convert it into a vector based image with some program (freehand etc) and resize it like that?
    You're talking a 300rez image, now I could pop them down to a 72rez image and modify them for web usage, making them a LOT smaller, the problem is I don't have the program I need to make a half-decent web page, and I'm not using that Yahell shit, and I think the file size still might be too large for other image-hosting sites (ie. Photobucket) to carry large quantity.

That, and I haven't a fucking clue where my CDs are containing all of my work Put them away after college and that's been almost a year now XD

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Actually Marcatil, what you can do for wallpapers or big mofo pictures with big mofo sizes is just go to the File\Save to Web option. You can retain the same quality in a .jpg file for less then a meg.

Yeah, it's not so much the image modification as it is finding them. It's also my day off from work, as if you'll get me to do anything

Good reason as any =x

Do you hate your life?

made them for friends lol

wow, don't be friends with them anymore

they cool lol