FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PS5/PS4/NSW/PC) - November 11

About

Tactics Ogre, crown jewel of the tactical role-playing genre, is reborn!

Based on the 2010 release, the game features improved graphics and sound, as well as updated game design, bringing to life a new Tactics Ogre that remains true to its roots.

Key Features

- A tactical role-playing game depicting the struggle for control of the Valerian Isles.
    - Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even how it ends, with a game system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story takes place through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fate of those around him, and shift the course of Valeria’s history.
    - Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.
    - The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.
    - Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.
    - The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.
    - The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.
    - When you advance far enough in the game you’ll unlock the World Tarot, enabling you to travel back in the story with the power of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have such a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you wonder what a different choice would have led to, now you can find out!
    - Traveling back isn’t limited to the story; the Chariot Tarot lets you rewind up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying that you’ll back yourself into a corner.
    - Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

"The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic."

Uhhh... hmmmm... this seems backwards lol

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Never played the original so looking forward to this

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SQUARE ENIX® announced that Tactics Ogre: Reborn™, a reimagined edition of the beloved tactical RPG, will release on November 11, 2022 on the PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console, PlayStation®4 console, Nintendo Switch™ system and PC via STEAM®. The game is available to pre-order now on all platforms.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn delivers beautifully converted high-definition graphics, updated battle systems and vast sound improvements including fully-voiced cutscenes (English and Japanese), recreated sound effects and re-recorded live background music composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto – all bringing to life a new experience that Tactics Ogre veterans and a new generation of gamers alike will enjoy.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn is set in The Valerian Isles, jewels of the Obero Sea. Following many years of conflict, there finally rose a man to put an end to this: Dorgalua Oberyth. Known as the "Dynast-King,” he brought peace and prosperity to Valeria for half a century. After his death, a civil war erupts and throws the isles of Valeria into a bloody struggle for power between three warring factions. In Tactics Ogre: Reborn, players follow the story of a young man, Denam Pavel, caught in the center of the bloodshed. Although he seeks a path of freedom and justice, players will soon discover that even the noblest of goals requires impossibly difficult decisions to be made.

Reborn and deeper than ever, this classic tactical role-playing adventure enables players to fully immerse themselves in the world and intrigue of Tactics Ogre. In Tactics Ogre: Reborn, players will take control of a team of units on the battlefield and utilize the turn-based combat system to act strategically and gain the upper hand over their enemy. As players progress, they can recruit additional party members, experiment with various classes, weapons, magic and abilities, and make key decisions at several instances in the story that will ultimately impact how events unfold.

New updates and features include:
    • Beautifully remastered graphics that enhance yet maintain the original distinctive visual style
    • Fully voiced cutscenes in English & Japanese
    • Full orchestral re-recording of the game’s soundtrack
    • Assorted quality of life updates, such as:
      • Redesigned battle system
      • Adjusted level management system
      • Reworked AI
      • Simplified and improved UI

Tactics Ogre: Reborn is available to pre-order now in a Standard Digital Edition for PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC via STEAM and a Standard Physical Edition for PS5, PS4 and Nintendo Switch. A Digital Premium Edition is also available to pre-order now on PS5, PS4 and STEAM.

The Standard Digital Edition and The Digital Premium Edition include the following content:
    • The Standard Digital Edition

Tactics Ogre: Reborn Standard Edition Game
    Anyone who pre-orders Tactics Ogre: Reborn Standard Edition will receive a Tactics Ogre: Reborn Digital Mini Soundtrack* Download Code, which includes a selection of three songs from the Tactics Ogre: Reborn Original Soundtrack, all composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto and recorded live.**

The Digital Premium Edition
    • Tactics Ogre: Reborn Standard Edition Game
    • Full Tactics Ogre: Reborn Original Soundtrack*

Anyone who pre-orders Tactics Ogre: Reborn Digital Premium Edition will receive a Tactics Ogre (1995) Digital Mini Soundtrack* Download Code, which includes a selection of ten chiptune songs from the original Tactics Ogre, released in 1995. Perfected back in the day, these chiptune originals have a slightly different feel from the re-recorded live music found in Tactics Ogre: Reborn.**

Finally, the Tactics Ogre: Reborn Tarot Card Set is now available to pre-order. This three-piece tarot card set is otherwise only available in Japan as part of the game’s Collector’s Edition and contains a tarot card deck, a storage pouch, and a mat.

*The Tactics Ogre: Reborn Original Soundtrack, Tactics Ogre: Reborn Digital Mini Soundtrack & Tactics Ogre (1995) Digital Mini Soundtrack may be sold separately at a later date.

** This bonus is available to anyone who pre-purchases or purchases a digital download edition of Tactics Ogre: Reborn before 11:59 PM LOC Time on Thursday, November 10, 2022. Download Period is Midnight Friday, November 11, 2022 through 11:59 PM LOC Time on Thursday, November 30, 2023. Players will not be able to download the bonus content after the download period ends.
    https://tactics-ogre.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    "The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic."

Uhhh... hmmmm... this seems backwards lol
    idk about backwards but def seems like taking a key Ogre element out and substituting a more FFT system

don't love it but see how it shakes out in the field

regardless p hype, it is one of the greatest and most underloved RPGs ever made. hope it finally breaks through with this.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Pretty strange to see it dropping the class level and going to a unit-by-unit. There really aren't enough personal unit skills to justify leveling 4 or 5 different versions of the same class individually, but it is what it is.

I look forward to drinking the frustrated tears of another generation of players trying to recruit all characters without a guide. Have fun obtaining Sheryl and Cressida!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's 2022 and I'm an old man without enough gaming time. I ain't doing that shit without a guide

BG Level

it's impossible to recruit all characters on one playthrough because the game features 3 branching paths but aye if you gotta catch em all just guide up none of them are worth the headache of figuring out some extremely esoteric haberdashery

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The PSP remake added a feature that lets you recruit everyone.

Spoiler: show
    When you beat the game you're allowed to go back to anywhere on your timeline, effectively go back to branches and play them, on the same playthrough.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That feature is mentioned in the description I included, don't think it needs spoilering

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Is it spoilering when its a 50 year old game? Even the PSP remake with CODA was 12 goddamn years ago.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I never played the original so it’ll be all new to me so I appreciate the continued use of spoiler tags when it comes to plot stuff, don’t necessarily care about spoilers for gameplay features and such though.

BG Level

delita kills dumbledore

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

with Rosebud.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

HUGE infodump coming out of Gamescom. Just mostly system based stuff and some of the QoL changes.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/08/tact...le-system-more

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Even more info about QoL changes and general gameplay stuff. I must say I'm pretty surprised they're actually changing so much. Not sure if all changes will be good, but it will definitely make for kind of a new experience with the game.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/10/tact...and-characters

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

spell and consumable slots is a very interesting choice.

also, I sorta like the level cap. Also also, the best news of all is 100% crafting rate lol holy hell that is a huge relief.

Overall, I was a little hesitant with it but now I'm super stoked for it. Probably the first game in a bit I'll request off from work to play lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So having played through chapter 1 so far, this is by far the best version of this game. The rebalancing they've done is amazing, and I really hope we see something similar for FFT. It just feels so refined compared to what has come before.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm waiting until I hear about the droprates on rare gear at end-game. I'm not pulling the 5% drop on an enemy that has a 15% chance to spawn on this floor of this super-dungeon again, Matsuno. Having to CODA-scum and kill the enemy on every fucking floor tile on the map for a shot at the item... nah.

Did it twice. Not doing it again. I'll wait. If those items just drop in the post-battle loot pool, that's fine. I'll grind for that, but wasting 40 minutes per item trying to scum them because Matsuno is obsessed with hilariously low and obscure droprates in his games is for the fucking birds. I love your stories, bro, but you should NOT be in charge of that aspect of your games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast