+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragoneer's Aria(PSP)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dragoneer's Aria(PSP)

It's good regardless of the score(s) not worth 40$ imo more along the lines of 20's but still worth the buy/gamefly or whatever. The 'guard' system is interesting to use. Time for some copypasta

Battle system
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...7a/Da_shot.png
    The game features a turn-based battle system, and enables the player to select the order in which the characters are to act. The actions that a character can make during battle are "Attack" (enables the character to physically attack an opponent), "Mana" (enables the character to perform skills and magic), "Guard" (allows the character to defend against an opponent's attack), "Item" (allows the character to use an item in the inventory), and "Escape" (allows the characters to run away from battle).

Magic is performed through attaching jewels called "lusces" to accessories such as rings and necklaces. The strength and effectiveness of lusces and other skills are improved through repetitive use; the more often skills and lusces are used, the more powerful they become.

Characters possessing elemental "dragon orbs" are also able to use "dragon skills", which are powerful elemental attacks. Certain dragon skills, when executed in succession, produce additional damaging elemental effects called "elemental combos". For example, executing the dragon skills "Water Swing" and "Thunder Slash" in succession produce the elemental combo "Landslide".

All playable characters also have their own "field skills", which can be executed in the field when a character is set as party leader. field skills have various effects, such as Euphe's "Mana Sea" skill, which enables her to heal the party while on the field, and Valen's "Dash" skill, which enables him to move around the field at a swifter pace.

Executing skills and lusces require certain amounts of "mana", which is accumulated through successfully attacking opponents or guarding against opponent's attacks.

Monsters are found roaming the field in the form of flying eyeballs, which trigger battle sequences when the character comes into contact with them. These eyeballs chase after the on-screen character if he/she comes into the eyeballs' view.
    This will keep me busy until some better psp games(FFT etc)

also
    Juno Jeong (the art director for the popular Korean MMORPG, Lineage II) did the character designs for Dragoneer's Aria. Niikawa stated that he believes that this would be a big selling point for the game.[2]

Re: Dragoneer's Aria(PSP)

Why the hell did you have to make a new thread for this? There's Dragooner's Aria [PSP] I made weeks ago still on page one of these forums!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22936

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Anderian
    Why the hell did you have to make a new thread for this? There's Dragooner's Aria [PSP] I made weeks ago still on page one of these forums!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22936
    Kinda slow, dont really check the rest anyways

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The op derailed that thread (with my help) with a discussion of the main character's femininity by the third post. Insanelol was right to make a new one if he actually wants to talk about the game.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    The op derailed that thread (with my help) with a discussion of the main character's femininity by the third post. Insanelol was right to make a new one if he actually wants to talk about the game.
    Kinda. Is the AI really fucking cheap to you? Like..they'll get a critical or normal hit for whatever remaning hp you character has if its really low? And constant debuffs is annoying but something keeps me playing it though! I'm @the great spirit currently still have awhile though.

Yeah, because as we see from this thread, everybody REALLY wants to talk about the game so much that it needs a second thread...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Well yes, it would be another matter if he's the only one that wants to talk about the game.

Well yes, it would be another matter if he's the only one that wants to talk about the game.
    Yeah, have you noticed the fact that this thread has now eight posts, and only the first one is about the game? I mean, there was another game related post by the OP, asking you something about AI, but instead of answering that you posted this.
    So now we have two game related posts by the OP, and six posts talking about how his original post should've been in the other Dragooner's Aria thread. See what's wrong here? :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anderian
    Yeah, have you noticed the fact that this thread has now eight posts, and only the first one is about the game? I mean, there was another game related post by the OP, asking you something about AI, but instead of answering that you posted this.
    So now we have two game related posts by the OP, and six posts talking about how his original post should've been in the other Dragooner's Aria thread. See what's wrong here? :D
    I'll tell you what's wrong here. Nobody else here has ever seen the game, but we still want to bump our post count. Therefore, I attempted a quick threadjack by bringing up what was discussed in the other thread, and nobody cooperated.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah well..good job derailing another thread then. If none wants to discuss about how much of a homo this lead character is then lets not bump this any further.