+ Reply to Thread

Thread: .vbk to .pdf?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

.vbk to .pdf?

I have a few textbooks I've purchased through Vitalsource Pageburst... I'd like to read them as PDFs. The program allows you to print, but only 5 pages at a time. I am on a mac.

Is there any way to force it to allow me to print the entire thing to pdf? I can already print to pdf natively since I'm on mac -- any way to get around that 5 page limit?

I'd settle for something that automates the print to pdf process and produces 5 pages at a time that I could just merge into one pdf at the end. The one I found online does not work correctly. It writes DTM in the page# field and just keeps getting stuck over and over. Anyone know a work around or way to convert vitalbook format to pdf?

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There's no direct way to convert it straight to a .pdf format. Most of the time, with these types of files, they are purposely making them their own independent file type so they can control what is being distributed and to whom. i.e. they are encrypted and protected.

The only method to really 'convert' protected eBooks/texts/whatever is to use a macro recorder (Easy Macro Recorder) and doPDF. This will give you a shitty .pdf conversion that probably isn't worth your time.

If I were you, I'd try to pirate your books via torrent before spending a bunch of time converting it to .pdf.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not sure if this is valid in this specific situation, but just a thought here

Could you output the .vbk through BullZIP PFD printer, and save as .pdf then print that bad boy off?

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

.vbk to .pdf?

Thanks. And yeah these are all books I could not find on pfd. Ffffffff I will try your idea.