Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Removing your CC Data from POL Viewer?

So I'm in the process of finally quitting FFXI and I want to remove my CC data from the POL viewer without completely cancelling my POL content ID. (ie. may want to gift/sell my acct to someone and don't want to permanently delete characters)

I've already cancelled my FFXI content IDs to put the characters in the 90-day stasis, but I'm unsure as to how I can get my financial and personal data out should I chose to hand the acct over to someone else.

Any help would be much appreciated.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    So I'm in the process of finally quitting FFXI and I want to remove my CC data from the POL viewer without completely cancelling my POL content ID. (ie. may want to gift/sell my acct to someone and don't want to permanently delete characters)

I've already cancelled my FFXI content IDs to put the characters in the 90-day stasis, but I'm unsure as to how I can get my financial and personal data out should I chose to hand the acct over to someone else.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    I'd like to know this too. There were a couple accounts that I paid for after people quit, and if they come back I'd like them to not inadvertently charge my card.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In POL, Service and Support -> Change/Edit Payment method.
    I think it's that. I'd check about the actual wording, but no where near el game.

After data recovery, I was forced to reactivate my IDs, and resubmit my payment methods for some reason. =/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

1. Go to -> Service & Support
    2. Go to -> Guide
    3. Go to -> Option (7) "Unsubscribing from Playonline and Cancelling Content ID's"
    4. Click "Unsubscribe"
    5. Fill out Unscrubscribe Survey ( takes 10 seconds )
    6. Click "Proceed"
    7. Check on "Delete Credit Card Information"
    8. Click "Unsubscribe"
    9. ???
    10. Profit!

Should do it.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    1. Go to -> Service & Support
    2. Go to -> Guide
    3. Go to -> Option (7) "Unsubscribing from Playonline and Cancelling Content ID's"
    4. Click "Unsubscribe"
    5. Fill out Unscrubscribe Survey ( takes 10 seconds )
    6. Click "Proceed"
    7. Check on "Delete Credit Card Information"
    8. Click "Unsubscribe"
    9. ???
    10. Profit!

Should do it.
    Thank you!

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Thanks for the guide Massimo, but for some reason I am unable to check the box to "Delete Credit Card Information"

Is that because I'm trying to do it on a weekend or because I still have the month of September paid up? (Even though I've deactivated my FFXI content IDs)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Try doing it after the maintenance. If that doesn't work, then I don't really know.

if what massimo is saying is what i think hes saying then the guide he outlined will unsubscribe you entirely from POL (which is free) and close out your account in its entirety, I could be mistaken but thats what it sounds like, the option to close your POL account is buried deep like that since closing out a free service and subsequently your FFXI characters is kinda silly

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It will close it, so that you will have to put in a new CC next time you log in to POL. It won't erase your characters or POL ID or anything.

Basically the same concept if you can't pay in the end of a month, so they close it and you have to put in a new Credit Card to open it back up.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Try doing it after the maintenance. If that doesn't work, then I don't really know.
    I just tried it again tonight and I am still unable to check the box to "Delete Credit Card Information", which frankly is fucking annoying as there doesn't seem to be any other way to remove my financial data from POL. Guess I'll have to take off early from work so I can call a customer service rep >_>

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Does anyone notice, the POL information screen (Name address etc), the First and Last name are reversed?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    I just tried it again tonight and I am still unable to check the box to "Delete Credit Card Information", which frankly is fucking annoying as there doesn't seem to be any other way to remove my financial data from POL. Guess I'll have to take off early from work so I can call a customer service rep >_>
    I'm having same problem man. what. the. hell. Let me know if you get it resolved.

And mines goes a little deeper, when I stopped playing the last time, I forgot to cancel subscription, which put my card over one month and they cancelled the ID's I guess or whatever they do. I just went to reactivate ID for shits and giggles in POL and got an error about unable to purchase ID, check payment method. If I were to update my payment method again, but with the same info... (or if someone else updates with new info) would they be able to reactivate the ID? I'm trying to give away the account, but I don't want to if it's not going to let them reactivate the ID.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I'm having same problem man. what. the. hell. Let me know if you get it resolved.

And mines goes a little deeper, when I stopped playing the last time, I forgot to cancel subscription, which put my card over one month and they cancelled the ID's I guess or whatever they do. I just went to reactivate ID for shits and giggles in POL and got an error about unable to purchase ID, check payment method. If I were to update my payment method again, but with the same info... (or if someone else updates with new info) would they be able to reactivate the ID? I'm trying to give away the account, but I don't want to if it's not going to let them reactivate the ID.
    Yeah.. pretty sure you just have to use a different card, to be able to reactivate your IDs, I've had this problem myself a few times.

Just go to Membership Info -> Change Payment Method, and put in another creditcard and it should work (And be able to reactivate IDs).

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Having same prob, can't click that damn box!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Having same prob, can't click that damn box!
    i called and had it done awhile ago when i was paying for a friends account i was using which he eventually took back over and never changed info.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Wasn't the registration server down? I recall seeing that within the last day or so.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Did anyone ever solve the issue of checking that box? I'm having the same problem...

EDIT: Found the answer via google at an RMT forum, lol. If anyone is still having this problem, you can tab to the box and hit enter to check it. Which works for some reason while clicking it doesn't, at least for me.