+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Space Jam 2: A New Legacy (July 16, 2021)

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/lebr...-dick-ebersol/
    EXCLUSIVE: What’s up, doc? A broken nose. Ouch! After he recovers from the injury suffered in last night’s game, NBA MVP LeBron James will be ready for his close-up — with Bugs Bunny.

Broadcasting veteran Dick Ebersol‘s sons have come on board to develop the sequel to 1996 animated/live-action hit Space Jam as a starring vehicle for James, the Miami Heat Miami Heat Media Day - Miamistar who broke his nose during last night’s game against the Oklahoma City when the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka got him in the face after a dunk.

Another Space Jam film? Why not? The first film, which broke ground for Warner Bros and starred then-Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan and a slew of other top NBA players, ended up grossing $230M worldwide for the studio and even launched a kids TV series.

charlie ebersolCharlie Ebersol, who already has a good relationship with the NFL through his NFL Characters Unite series on USA Network, is about ready to do the same with the NBA. He has been brought on to the produce the picture through his production company, The Company, from a script by his brother Willie Ebersol. The latter won an Emmy for the London Olympics. This is his first screenplay.

Jon Berg is production executive on the project at Warner Bros. I well remember when the studio produced the first one and delighted in the fact that top NBA players including Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Danny Ainge, Tyron “Muggsy” Bogues, Vlade Divac, Cedric Ceballos, Larry Johnson, Shawn Bradley and Paul West all did deals to be part of the film during a key basketball game between their trademark characters. The film also included sports commentators Ahmad Rashad and Jim Rome as well as NBA coach Del Harris.

This one should be equally power-charged with NBA players and beloved Warner Bros characters — a fun departure from the more serious fare Charlie Ebersol has been involved with.

Space Jam 2 marks Charlie Ebersol’s first major film deal as he is best known for unscripted TV such as The Moment, about second chances for people who are given the opportunity to reclaim their career dreams after their lives have taken an unexpected turn. Ebersol’s first film was the 2006 documentary Ithuteng: Never Stop Learning, which received wide critical acclaim and numerous humanitarian awards, such as the inaugural OneXOne Award, at the Toronto Film Festival in 2005. Seriously, what a good guy. Oprah Winfrey reportedly was so moved by his film that she donated $1.14M to the Ithuteng Trust School, an organization dedicated to the positive development and education of at-risk children in South Africa.

This is the second big sequel for Warner Bros that came to light today. The other being The Lego Movie, which they decided to move forward on in only two weeks. The Space Jam took 18 years. Hey, better late than never.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I am the slam of my jam.
    Slam is my body, and jam is my blood.
    I have slammed over a thousand jams.
    Unknown to slam.
    Nor known to jam.
    Withstood DMCA takedown notices to slam many jams.
    Yet these slams will never jam anything.
    So as I jam,
    Unlimited Slam Works.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

THE KING IS HERE

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I did not know how badly I wanted another Space Jam till just now..

everybody get up

Ridill
    BG Level

It's time to slam now

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i don't know who this lebron james character is but i hope michael jordan appears

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    i don't know who this lebron james character is but i hope michael jordan appears
    I see you did not live in or around Cleveland a few years ago

I am cautiously optimistic. LeBron is known for being kind of a dickface while Jordan was known for being sweet as fuck, which is basically what made the first movie work, so we'll see.

It will be corny family fun, who are we kidding? We all want this to happen lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I see you did not live in or around Cleveland a few years ago

I am cautiously optimistic. LeBron is known for being kind of a dickface while Jordan was known for being sweet as fuck, which is basically what made the first movie work, so we'll see.
    Wut? I think you got those names mixed up. Lebron is a dick for what, leaving Cleveland? And Jordan, not a dick? Lawl. Take off the nostalgia goggles and read any of the accounts from people who played with him, played against him, or knew him back then.

Yeah, Jordan was ruthless, but extremely efficient and tactful....not to mention he played before the instant-viral/cellphone video days. Anything he did off camera, the fans never saw, but plenty of first-hand accounts of shit-talking and play into the "grey area" lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

LEBRROONNNNNNNN

Now, this says fake: https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/st...51127922978816
    However this lends itself towards it being true: https://twitter.com/CharlieEbersol/s...26102620717056

I can't decide which one is more credible.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Should've been Nick Young

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I look forward to the mcdonalds happy meal toys. Also hoping for more bill murray and Newman

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Should've been Nick Young
    He can be the Bill Murray character, and LeBron can act like he doesn't believe Nick actually plays basketball. Then he saves the day with a 360 half-court reverse-layup.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Wut? I think you got those names mixed up. Lebron is a dick for what, leaving Cleveland? And Jordan, not a dick? Lawl. Take off the nostalgia goggles and read any of the accounts from people who played with him, played against him, or knew him back then.
    They're both assholes. Only difference is that Jordan kept his drama away from his game (pending any shenanigans with gambling) while LeBron's issues are intertwined with his career. I don't think anyone in their right mind sees LeBron anywhere near Jordan when it comes to being family friendly and marketable off the court. In any case, this movie will probably have good box office numbers no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    I don't think anyone in their right mind sees LeBron anywhere near Jordan when it comes to being family friendly and marketable off the court
    Samsung says "Hi."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Kobe must be so upset right now.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

LeBron is not an asshole, lol. He made one huge PR mistake with "The Decision," otherwise he has shown himself to be a good dude.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    He can be the Bill Murray character, and LeBron can act like he doesn't believe Nick actually plays basketball. Then he saves the day with a 360 half-court reverse-layup.
    i love it. some art imitating life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast