1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Official Forum fail thread: 4.0 is Cancelled and its Raubahns Fault

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4207792

Post 9 caught my attention the most: "All provoke does it put you 1 point of threat above whoever was at top. There are a dozen other ways to get there - that are also likely to keep you there. "

I'd like to know what are those ways. If you die, an uncomboed aggro skill gonna take time when you massively fall behind the previously number 2 on the list and a comboed aggro skill, I think is even longer(and the former would also make things take even longer due to no combo bonus). She seems confused about the function of provoke. There is no faster way to obtain snap aggro. Also it's not designed to 'keep you there'. Obviously you need to go through your aggro skills(preferably have the third combo ready) after it. No way she's tanking in any group, DF or EX, etc, with any measure of success without that skill.

Verdict: gotta be a troll

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4207792

Post 9 caught my attention the most: "All provoke does it put you 1 point of threat above whoever was at top. There are a dozen other ways to get there - that are also likely to keep you there. "

I'd like to know what are those ways. If you die, an uncomboed aggro skill gonna take time when you massively fall behind the previously number 2 on the list and a comboed aggro skill, I think is even longer(and the former would also make things take even longer due to no combo bonus). She seems confused about the function of provoke. There is no faster way to obtain snap aggro. Also it's not designed to 'keep you there'. Obviously you need to go through your aggro skills(preferably have the third combo ready) after it. No way she's tanking in any group, DF or EX, etc, with any measure of success without that skill.

Verdict: gotta be a troll

Maybe she is equiping huge amounts of CHR with it and that lets it work!?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by missybee View Post
    Click bait thread

If you clikc on that link you'll get a randomware on your physical body and want to burn yourself to try to purify it

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I don't know why but this stood out:

"From the bit of information you provided, nothing about the kick seems serendipitous at all."

I don't think that word means what you think it means...

edit: oh god are you fucking kidding me

seven posts in and it already turned into a healer dps debate, which had NOTHING to do with the original topic.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. WILL THIS CANCER NEVER DIE?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Watch the thread become another "Healer DPS pros VS healer only pros."

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I don't know why but this stood out:

"From the bit of information you provided, nothing about the kick seems serendipitous at all."

I don't think that word means what you think it means...
    That was me - I only said that because they chose that adjective in their initial post. Granted, I also feel like it is a weird choice of word, but I didn't want to put it in quotes because they technically said "serendipitously."

...which I suspect they just used because they think it sounds cool.

Edit:
    I edited my post with the quotes after all in hopes of potentially looking less stupid (but maybe not).

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Ohhhh gotcha. I missed that word in their first post. Yeah, serendipity had nothing to do with it... unless they meant it was serendipitous that they got kicked out of a "bad" party? lol

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Ohhhh gotcha. I missed that word in their first post. Yeah, serendipity had nothing to do with it... unless they meant it was serendipitous that they got kicked out of a "bad" party? lol
    That could definitely be what they were trying to suggest, but I know who I think seems bad from the information they gave us.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...threads/331108

RDM should have been the way we expected it to be and not the way it was released!

Not that I care much as I would be happy with whatever, but to say the initial advert promoted more melee is sort of wrong, we could see what it was well in advance when the job abilities video was released, 1 month prior to the game.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So... thread starts off about a tank feeling like they should stand in bad, which is already a fail, then the thread just.. meltdowns into several arguments from there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/331236

It begins, healers don't DPS because SB! The OP is good, just wait and see the answers.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

it's already nuked

Anyway, pre-70 I can see why healers wouldn't DPS. I had to spam heals pretty hard to keep the tank up and my MP reserves were extremely humble.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

it's not nuked, his links just never work

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/331236

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The healer dps meme needs to die like Harambe.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...331863/?page=7

I hope it works this time, another Tank should tank only thread with an abundance of idiocy. I will never understand why these people want to force their poor standards down everyone's throat. I mean its not like letting us do more would prevent them from doing the bare minimum or even less than that. Some people like Makeda should really be forbidden from posting, bacause holy shit..

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tanks should only tank; no shit. It just so happens that tanking in XIV, especially circa Heavensward, meant (until now) you also tried to maximize your contributions to the group in the form of dealing some fucking damage ontop of your regular duties (which as it turns out, benefitted immensely from also being at least competent in the DPS capabilities of your role too!). It'd be awfully hard to argue someone who could cut it in the tank DPS meta wasn't doing their job while pulling successfully wall-to-wall, mitigating, and contributing high DPS. I wonder if it's mere coincidence that the only people seemingly enjoying the state of tanking in Stormblood so far are the same people who 1-2-3ed from start to finish in Defiance/Grit/Shield Oath, in full Tomestone/24-man gear doing retardedly small pulls and putting out embarassing damage.

Spoiler: show
    It isn't. In fact, two of the people i've seen post in these threads about how they love the new DRK and WAR, are people with whom associates of mine have directly complained to me about as recently as early February. lol

As an aside, I just can't wait for Yoshi-P to take away our 270 Slaying Accessories while leaving the Attack Power situation completely unchanged. I want to be optimistic and say they'll actually find a cure for this bout of severe retardation they've seemingly suffered from with Stormblood, but then again I also tried being optimistic back when they did the media tour and all that got me was a steaming pile of shit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Link is broken FHT: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...331863/?page=7

Anyhow, most of those "tanks should tank" aren't main tanks or haven't touched tanking since start of 4.0(to be fair, talking about the ones who haven't seriously tanked for long periods). There's a thread there calling for VIT to be included in damage calculations again, but I think it will get buried soon.

As for Makeda, yeah, that's the one that thinks no one needs provoke, so expect idiocy always from that person.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Link is broken FHT: [url]There's a thread there calling for VIT to be included in damage calculations again, but I think it will get buried soon.
    I'm fine with it being STR again, but I assumed they would role lock the lv60 accessories aswell. Something tells me they would have done that if they could, but it was a lot more work than just changing some parameters since what if people have them already equipped before 4.0 etc.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just put STR+VIT on Tank accessories since they're role-locked anyways post-60, problem solved, people overthinking shit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast