Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Heya, thought i'd ask for some help ^^

First off,
    Hiya, I'm Pmet a 74 BRD/WHM on Alexander hehe A few of my friends started an HNM shell called "Sleep" which I joined in the early stages when i was maybe in my mid 60s. Anyways we've been levelling and doing weak HNMs (serket, roc, etc) for a little while. We've done Genbu several times and we're going for Seiryu soon.

Anyways, to the issue at hand :D Our good friend fafnir... we have constantly had bad luck with him. Someone called for help accidentally when we were probably gonna win (we died trying to get rid of CFH), another time we died because i elegied a darter by accident (which will never happen again) but we didn't have the damage to win as it was. That was maybe a month or so ago when we were all just about 70 or so.

Recently we tried fafnir again. Party setups were as follows:

Tank PT: 2x PLD, RDM/BLM, BRD/WHM, SMN/WHM, WHM/SMN
    BLM PT: 4x BLM/WHM, BRD/WHM, RNG/NIN
    Melee PT: RDM/WHM, WHM/BLM, SAM/WAR, DRG/WAR, THF/NIN, DRK/THF

And well, we had absolutely no luck with this at all. Our PLD were getting one shotted by the breath attack when they had Barfire and Fire Carol up. We couldn't have them build up any hate and ended up just constantly losing BLM and other members to aggro from excessive sleeping. It was a really hard loss to take because we do have the members and the levels to take him down but we just don't have the setup.

Our plan was to sleep Fafnir at the start, have our PLD build up hate, then start to fight him. We would have our SMN and /SMN rotate aerial armor to turn them into blink tanks essentially, while we kept Barfira and Fire carol up for Breath attack.

I'll give a list of the jobs of our members most are around 75 or so with a few in the high 60s.

2x BRD, 2xNIN, 4xPLD (3 are 75), 2xRNG, 4xBLM, 2xRDM, 5xWHM, 2xDRK, 1xMNK, 3xSMN (2 mid to late 60s, 1 72), 3xTHF, 2xSAM, 1xDRG

We have some ideas on how we can improve, but I thought it'd be nice to get some more input from some experienced killers heh

Anyways, sorry for the length
    /bow

Pmet

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

your plds shouldnt be getting one-shotted from breath with barfire and carol.. we had an issue where one of our plds got an equip bug that somehow left the -75 fire resist from bomb queen ring on even tho it was unequiped. he died 3 or 4 times before we thought of the problem.. i think he re-equiped and un-equiped and it was fine after...

Yin

take this into PM pls