Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Region coding on FFXI expansions?

I remember when CoP came out there was a post (somewhere) with someone buying an import version and it not working with their EU account - something like that, not sure anymore. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Asking because I'm in Japan right now, and although I can import the NA version (or, you know, ask a friend to buy it for me stateside and send me codes and... "magically" get the CD data hu-hu-hu) I'd rather not if the above story had some sort of catch to it. Since, its expensive to import and I'm cheap and stingy, and I need an excuse to go buy a new MP3 player while I'm in the electronics district anyway, lol. And this expansion gets more awesome-looking by the week I think I'll go into convulsions if I have to wait till summer to get it. =p

Thanks in advance.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's not the region coding, you can still install it, practically same files. But, the cd-key from one region can't be used on the other if you have different FFXI region installed, so if you already installed NA FFXI-Zilart-CoP, you need NA cd-key for ToAU

Old Merits
    BG Level

Put simply, if your account was registered from the USA version of FFXI, then you will need the registration code from a USA version of ToAU to get the extended services for it, and you are only able to register it on the USA version of POL (You get an error on every other version).

I'd like to know when the big patches are. ToAU is suppose to come out like april 18-20th (from what I'm hearing) so where are all the added in files? I remember for CoP we got them all like a month before the release.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Big patch going to be on 17th... that way we can get the fing Download congestion and u cant use expansion till like 1-2days later.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

874mil gil half pint.... what the hell lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kross