Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Synthesis Crystals & Directions Relation?

I heard from some crafters on Bahamut that each crystal has its direction while crafting that will raise your H.Q%, is that true? And if you know about the directions and their crystals please tell us.

well lets think about it, if i knew ways to increase my HQ rate certainly would i go telling ppl? o_______________o

test for urself, if u find something interesting keep it to urself, theres enough problem on HQ market as it is XD

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    test for urself, if u find something interesting keep it to urself, theres enough problem on HQ market as it is XD
    Yeah like people overcharging. HQ prices have gone up drastically, but not because of SE gimping HQ rate, because crafters decided to up the prices to fatten their already big pockets.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    Yeah like people overcharging. HQ prices have gone up drastically, but not because of SE gimping HQ rate, because crafters decided to up the prices to fatten their already big pockets.
    Tell that to whoever is undercutting Red Cape HQ's by like 30% on Siren. Have to HQ like 6/12 in order to make money now >< Not even worth it anymore.

Overcharging is a relative economic term.....no one says you have to fork out the money for it. If there is no demand for an item at a higher price then the price will go down. You can always level up a craft and make it yourself if you really want it that bad.......hope you got millions.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's always the idea of keeping your customers happy to make sure they come back for more and recomend you to their friends, instead of being a nazi about your prices.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    There's always the idea of keeping your customers happy to make sure they come back for more and recomend you to their friends, instead of being a nazi about your prices.
    That's usually the trend I follow too... If any of my friends want to buy anything from me, I will sell at 10% under AH even if that's a loss. It's gotten me fairly well known on Siren so I love doing it.

It's frustrating however when you see HQ's undercut to the point where you know the other crafters aren't making money either,

New Merits
    BG Level

Here's an idea, answer the bloody question

Each direction on the compass has a related element:

N - Dark
    NE - Light
    E - Ice
    SE - Wind
    S - Earth
    SW - Lightning
    W - Water
    NW - Fire

Lately, it's seemed that facing the element that your crystal is strong to helps you attain more HQs (note that once you're 51 levels or more over a synth there is nothing you can do to help/hurt HQs). So, if you were using a Fire Crystal, you'd want to face Ice, or East. The old school of thought that was commonly accepted was that you faced the direction your crystal was weak to, so Fire Crystals would face Water, or West. I've found that after the Sea patch this seems to have changed.

Anyway, that's what you've got to work with to experiment yourself, try either the strong or weak direction (I recommend strong). Lately I've seen a lot of people facing Dark, since it's sort of a catch all good HQ direction, but I'm concerned that that is no longer very viable post-patch.

And Moggy, seriously this is some pretty common knowledge, if you're any kind of experienced crafter you've researched this, it's not like you're gonna get this whole new crop of competition now that they know the secrets of the compass

And yeah, undercutting HQ's is a pain, because just like Rain said, the other crafter isn't making any money either . One thing we all have to learn as crafters is to diversify our stock, focusing on one or two moneymaking synths can really be trouble when some asshat shits in the pool.

It's really too bad the directional theory is a load of bullshit. People have put so much effort into writing about it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    It's really too bad the directional theory is a load of bullshit. People have put so much effort into writing about it.
    Than why have they put so much time into writing about it if it's a load of bullshit? lol

New Merits
    BG Level

Paying no attention to direction (before I become comfortable with it) my 31-50 HQ rate was 22-25%. Once I began using the compass, it became 25-28%. Is it a massive difference? No. But it is consistent, and means more money in your pocket for turning your toon just a little bit.

yep i'm a noob crafter ^^;
    i face where i'm walking most the time since i walk when i craft lol

In order to make 22-25% vs 25-28% significant you need a margin of error of 3% (or less) which means you need an awful lot of synthesis (well over 1000) before you can confidently say it makes a difference.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    In order to make 22-25% vs 25-28% significant you need a margin of error of 3% (or less) which means you need an awful lot of synthesis (well over 1000) before you can confidently say it makes a difference.
    Jesus show a little respect for a fellow Veteran. I do 100+ synths for profit every few days (I'm a cook, I don't do multimillion gil HQs) and have been doing so before and after the sea patch. So it's more like 5,000+ synths to compare, and I am extremely confident that it makes a difference.

The OP wanted help, your input has been exactly the opposite of that. Calling bullshit about things you don't appear to know anything about is too bad, I like to think the crafting forums can at least be one place on BG where people don't need to deal with obnoxious comments like this thread and the other about skill levels. There's probably a DRG thread in FFXI Talk that requires your attention

Mmmm hmmm.
    Where are your numbers?

I'm being helpful. I'm telling people not to waste their time on crap that doesn't matter. Focus on what does matter, do effective research, instead of wasting your time on mumbo-jumbo voodoo that won't actually impact your crafting results.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

(looks at Auriks sig) I think Aurik knows what he's talking about to some extent... I mean come on..

New Merits
    BG Level

Sorry, I don't craft for science, I craft for money. I'm sharing a personal experience to the OP, no reason to put it down. Not guessing at my results, I check my % everytime I craft, and while I've had really great or really off days (anywhere from 15% to 40% in 31-50) those are my average results. When it's what you do for money and you use the same amount of materials every time it's very easy to observe the results.

Experience > every silly crafting thread, with that I hope you can agree.

Sorry, I don't craft for science, I craft for money
    Preface your opinion with this next time. What you're experiencing is, in my opinion, the placebo effect.

New Merits
    BG Level

Yes I know what a placebo is. I also am learning what it is like to be talked to as a child. Not terribly fond of it.

The effect is real, I am an experienced crafter. I am also done with this thread, it's awfully obnoxious to try to offer help and be met with this sort of response.

Shinigami, constructive posts please. Clothcrafting is done with a very small number of synths and HQ results are very hard to observe since it's so hard to average out the synths over time (though I'd love the idea of using Noble's as a test subject in a 1000 synth run ).

{peace}

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami
    (looks at Auriks sig) I think Aurik knows what he's talking about to some extent... I mean come on..
    http://hello.nynja.ca/harness.jpg
    http://hello.nynja.ca/harness2.jpg

Does that make me all knowing on crafting ??
    absolutely not...