Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

Merit Point Glitch?

This is quite possibly OFN but I didn't see anything on it so I figured id share an interesting glitch that happened to me last night. I was leveling my lol26thf last night and having quite a bit of fun, when I was done exping for the night, I decided to pump a few of my left over merits into dagger skill. I changed job to BLM, pumped 3 merit points in dagger for +4 skill, and then changed back to thf. It was at this point I noticed on my 26 thf, that my merit menu hadn't gone away. I was able (I assume if i had points, I didnt have any left to test) to merit THF job specific merits, and THF combat skills, as a 26 THF.

Obviously the job specific merits wouldn't be active until 75, but the fact that I could merit combat skills I couldn't ordinally merit with either of my 75's (marksmanship) raises a few points. 1) Would I have been able to even merit these things if I had points left to spare, or would it have given me some error message? 2) If I could have merited it, this has some huge potential for up and coming WAR's and what not as they could merit their axe's/sword's before reaching 75.

Excuse the shitty quality as these are saved in MSpaint (._.) but you get the point:
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...fjobmerits.jpg
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...mbatskills.jpg

If this is OFN, my apoligies, ZAM me, lock it, whatever, this was the first that I or anyone in my LS had heard of or seen anything like this.

The horrible lag in whitegate is probably the cause of it. If you switched to your thf and went to the menu quick it would still be there. If you waited it probably wont show up.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Neometalrain
    The horrible lag in whitegate is probably the cause of it. If you switched to your thf and went to the menu quick it would still be there. If you waited it probably wont show up.
    Right. I also changed jobs fast, so it probably works(ed) in the same was as how you can glitch yourself to have no subjob. At anyrate, my big question is to anyone that has had this happen to them before, were you able to merit those other skills/abilitys because that really has a lot of potential.

job specific merits don't work if you aren't 75 so I'm unsure what you mean by it has a lot of potential, ie if you merit war charge @60 cap or if you delevel to 74 you don't have it. and yeah its probably attributed to whitegate lag.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    job specific merits don't work if you aren't 75 so I'm unsure what you mean by it has a lot of potential, ie if you merit war charge @60 cap or if you delevel to 74 you don't have it. and yeah its probably attributed to whitegate lag.
    Well, I'm sure he means merits he wouldnt normally be able to merit, like for example if you had 75brd main and changed to lvl 30war and you were able to merit axe. Although I doubt it would work.

edit- Yeah no shit. I was explaining it to him since he didn't seem to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Well, I'm sure he already stated in the OP that merits he wouldnt normally be able to merit, like for example if you had 75brd main and changed to lvl 30war and you were able to merit axe. Although I doubt it would work.
    Fixed.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Even if you could... why would you? It would be pointless, job only merits are only active @ lvl75.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goso
    Even if you could... why would you? It would be pointless, job only merits are only active @ lvl75.
    holy shit dude read the whole half a page before you reply please

Re: Merit Point Glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Militantx
    Obviously the job specific merits wouldn't be active until 75, but the fact that I could merit combat skills I couldn't ordinally merit with either of my 75's (marksmanship) raises a few points.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Goso
    holy shit dude read the whole half a page before you reply please
    doh, QFT.

sorry :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

I suppose when I get some more merits again, I can attempt to force this glitch again, and see it it will actually let me spend the points in it. Like switch back to war really fast and see if it lets me merit axes or something. I was really just wondering if anyone else had seen this and knew if it was possible before I waste my time trying to force this again.

And yes, meriting the job specific merits would be sort of a waste pre-75, but as I stated on the OP, it would be nice to merit combat skills for jobs you are leveling up that you could not merit ordinarilly on other jobs.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Doesn't work :wink:
    Changed from my BLM75 fast to my BLU49, was able to go into the merit menu with all BLU abilities, but when I tried to put a merit into sword skill (neither of my 75 jobs have native sword skill) nothing happened; no error message or anything, but after the last Yes/No prompt nothing happened.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

Quote Originally Posted by seia
    Doesn't work :wink:
    Changed from my BLM75 fast to my BLU49, was able to go into the merit menu with all BLU abilities, but when I tried to put a merit into sword skill (neither of my 75 jobs have native sword skill) nothing happened; no error message or anything, but after the last Yes/No prompt nothing happened.
    Thanks for the quick reply and testing. This thread can now be locked ;;