BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

December Update Info Incoming?

When are we expecting to hear update information for December?

Last year:

Dec. 13, 2005 (JST) Update Details
    Oct. 11, 2005 (JST) Update Details

Going by this (and 2004), the update is just a month away. Maybe after Thanksgiving we can start hearing what is planned?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Most likely. And they better pimp out BLU, I want it more broken than it is already for soloing. >_>

Lame jokes aside, I think the update is geared towards BLU/COR/PUP. Hopefully more useful gear will be introduced, but it's laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    Most likely. And they better pimp out BLU, I want it more broken than it is already for soloing. >_>

Lame jokes aside, I think the update is geared towards BLU/COR/PUP. Hopefully more useful gear will be introduced, but it's laughable.
    I am hoping for AFII and possibly relic items for them.

A. Body
    BG Level

It's roughly the middle of the month, don't get so antsy.

I expect we'll start hearing stuff next week, the monday after next at the very latest.
    Choco Racing, Alzadaal, The Pit, and merc ranks are to be expected, but it's never a good idea to hold your breath.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope they fix BST in the next update <3. I like playing warrior and all... but I'd much rather play BST along-side my friends.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho

I am hoping for AFII and possibly relic items for them.
    I'm all over the BLU relic if/when it's introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylo
    I hope they fix BST in the next update <3. I like playing warrior and all... but I'd much rather play BST along-side my friends.
    I'm not a high lvl BST (lol lvl 17), but I'm hoping for a change as well. I was all ready to lvl BST after I finished BLU merits, but I read the changes, and got turned off to leveling it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mid level, BST SAM and DRK really tear stuff up... A good BST at level 50-65ish can out-damage a WAR fairly clearly, but what's the point if you get to 75 and just aren't that useful?

I want to see new jugs, a new dd ability, and some good pet-augmenting gear. I was always kinda interested in playing BST as a back-line job where the pet dished out damage equal to a PC and the master played support.

Gear that turned the BST into a mana-tank and upped the dd abilities of the pet in exchange would be interesting. Very useful for fighting stuff like Flys with cursed sphere etc, and NM soloing.

Sanoske

If PUP Relic comes out... thats totally going as my secondary lot in Dynamis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nama
    gotta love looking forward to a nice update when a load of items from last update still havent been confirmed or found but i guess its ok since most them sucked. honestly tho i liked to see next update add blu/pup/cor af2, new isnms, choco races, another aht urghan HNM(thats worth something) and of course the standard new useless items
    I hope it makes my shit gil.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    gotta love looking forward to a nice update when a load of items from last update still havent been confirmed or found but i guess its ok since most them sucked. honestly tho i liked to see next update add blu/pup/cor af2, new isnms, choco races, another aht urghan HNM(thats worth something) and of course the standard new useless items
    I hope it makes my shit gil.
    Ahh, I knew someone would quote that hidden Megaman person.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: December Update Info Incoming?

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    When are we expecting to hear update information for December?

Last year:

Dec. 13, 2005 (JST) Update Details
    Oct. 11, 2005 (JST) Update Details

Going by this (and 2004), the update is just a month away. Maybe after Thanksgiving we can start hearing what is planned?
    One thing I have noticed, when people ask "When are we going to see the new update info", it generally shows up the next week. I think it is some sort of unconscious timing mechanism in the human brain.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I had the most wonderful dream the other night. The update came and PUP got....NOTHING. I keep reading the update over and over again in this dream and not one thing for PUP. I then knew it was a dream when I realized NIN were getting a wonderful new ability to prevent enemies from stealing their gear...Damn this game invading my dreams lol

Anyway, as a PUP, I am praying that something that will make this job more stable (stabler a word?) in end game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cylo
    Mid level, BST SAM and DRK really tear stuff up... A good BST at level 50-65ish can out-damage a WAR fairly clearly, but what's the point if you get to 75 and just aren't that useful?

[img]I want to see new jugs, a new dd ability, and some good pet-augmenting gear. I was always kinda interested in playing BST as a back-line job where the pet dished out damage equal to a PC and the master played support.[/img]

Gear that turned the BST into a mana-tank and upped the dd abilities of the pet in exchange would be interesting. Very useful for fighting stuff like Flys with cursed sphere etc, and NM soloing.
    Can I interest you in a job called PUP or SMN? There is already gear that does "backline" BST'ing with -enmity and mp.

Fuck pet enhancement gear. that means dropping my DD gear. Take that same idea but put it into the job itself, give me pet enhancing job traits/abilities/food/jugs. Enhance current job abilities and do it without merits. The job still exists from 1-74, not at 75 + 100k xp.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The issue with bst and it's effectiveness at 75 vs. mid-levels is that:

1) Until 65 there are cheap, powerful jug pets. FungarFamiliar is just plain good.

2) Until 68ish Bst has access to axes that are clearly better than what warrior has access to. Wrath Tabar is just plain better than anything else until Juggy, but Arch de' Armas gives non-bsts a viable alternative to Darksteel axes.

Those two thing combined make bst really potent until about 65, but their usefullness in xp parties starts declining at 65 and just gets worse until 75. At 75 with a lot of merits & some relic gear bst makes somewhat of a comeback b/c of 3xpet affinity + relic gloves + FungarFamiliars again.

So...The solution to make bst viable at 75 (in xp/merit parties) is:

1) Make a cheap-viable DD jug pets that work all the way to 75.

2) Make some bst-only DD gear that's clearly better than what others can equip in the same slot. Ogre Led.+1 just arn't better than Dusk Led. Temperance axe doesn't count either b/c there arn't any charmables in sea so bst can't farm virtue stones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    ...more stable (stabler a word?) in end game.
    Yep. The Mamool Ja Stabler says so.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

But a Stabler is one who tends stables. Do you say:

Poof is more stable than a wild onion.
    -or-
    Poof is stabler than a clod of dirt.

(Both lies btw)

I can realy see a beastmaster update in the next update, alot of the comunity has been asking for it and there has a been a growing trend of DD bst and se should help them out with a few POSITIVE changes (SE if you nurf bst in any way I'm quiting your game).

A few ideas i would really like to see for the job is pet aggressor or pet accuracy bonus, the ability to skillchain with our pets like blu do with their magic. Also recently i thought up the idea of a bee familiar, they can be included as a ToAU set of jugs, using a jug of nectar you can summon a bee familiar which uses pollen, sharp sting and FINAL STING, this would add alot to beastmaster endgame usefulness on HNM.

Expecting something good from an update is like rubbing your balls on the highway and hoping unicorns bring you pitchers of golden cranberry juice to sip from a diamond chalice while you pee freely on Indonesian midgets from Spain.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlsea
    A few ideas i would really like to see for the job is pet aggressor or pet accuracy bonus, the ability to skillchain with our pets like blu do with their magic. Also recently i thought up the idea of a bee familiar, they can be included as a ToAU set of jugs, using a jug of nectar you can summon a bee familiar which uses pollen, sharp sting and FINAL STING, this would add alot to beastmaster endgame usefulness on HNM.
    If SE added an uncapped bee jug, it would require ingredients from Nightmare Hornets.

Really, I would be ecstatic if they allowed us to charm one thing in sea, even if it were only outside. Sure, something inside would be ideal, but I could just farm Xzomit organs and turn them in for stones if I had to. Anything that makes it so I don't have to level RDM or BLM (or NIN, or whatever) to 75 to get virtue stones on my own time.

Vobent

http://web.mit.edu/ichthyos/www/fanfest/timeline.jpg

Not that it matters (lollatechocoboracing)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast