+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Friday Buys     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Black Friday Buys

Went to Best Buy at 8pm last night...was about 100 in line...by the end of the night there were maybe 500 people in line. I got my ticket for my 32 inch LCD around 4 am..got in the register line by 5.20..was back at home at 5:30. I also picked up 200 DVD-R's for 10 bucks. All in all good experience. Had a few people handing out religious materials while we waited..and had a few people in masks wrestle but they quickly got arrested. Saw a few RVs....and a couple propane heater jets. Bad ass imo. Anyway, share your Friday experiences.

waited in line for 3hrs with lil bro starting from 7pm, at 10pm we bought fried chicken deluxe bucket for $1 each

$2 for super chicken, fuck yes

Quote Originally Posted by yayaok
    waited in line for 3hrs with lil bro starting from 7pm, at 10pm we bought fried chicken deluxe bucket for $1 each

$2 for super chicken, fuck yes
    LFMAO

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I was at Gamestop at 7am, only because I got birthday money yesterday and wanted new games before I went to work. While I was in line, a guy was talking about camping out all night at Best Buy and got a computer and laptop for $500 (he said it like that, don't know if it was together or each), and his friend got a 50" plasma for $1699.

Old Merits
    BG Level

At Frys in line at 7pm. Opens at 5AM. When i got there at 7 there were atleast 70 people infront of us. Bumrush to the finish around 4:30am and had crushed ribs. However got 275$ LCD DVD headunit and 100$ 40gb mp3 player.

So.. my brother and I left for Frys at 2 AM, stood in line for 3 hours, watching the line grow to 800+ people. At 4:55 AM they let us in and everyone was running towards anything and everything (minus the kiddie toys ). We got 2 320GB HDs for $60; were going to get 3 but this lady behind the checkout lady stared at us and took it from us. Meh.

Then we went to Best Buy after it had opened hoping to get a nice 17" CRT for some low price. Unfortunately, there was a 200 person line for the service desk which happened to be right infront of the monitors, so we had little to no chance of actaully seeing if any were in stock. Found a spot in the line, cut a little, saw that there were no monitors, and left again for Frys.

After getting some cash, we went to Frys and grabbed out HD #3. We walked to the checkout but uhh.. the line extended around one corner, around another, past one more, and all the way to the other side of the store. Thats like a 1000 person long line. Incredible. We just left since we were both dead tired. They had like 5k of the HDs so I think we'll be able to pick one up later today if need be.

Damn this is the first time in 4 years i havnt done black friday. I already spent way too much this month on the Wii and PS3 so i had no money left for anything

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Grats on the 32" TV. I didn't think getting one that far behind in line was possible. I drove by Best Buy yesterday after dinner and saw like 100 people already there, so I decided not to camp since I thought all those 32" LCDs would be snatched up by then.

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

Went to Best Buy about 2 hours before they were handing out "tickets" for the front page items on their flyer in the newspaper. At least 600+ people in front of me and 300+ behind me. It was pretty fun since it was my first time doing one of these. Picked up that 22" LCD for $199 and a 1200w surround sound system. Also got a portable DVD player for my mother for like $50.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I went to camp the 42" Panasonic plasma at Best Buy. There was a minimum of 5 in my store so I knew it was going to be tough. They advertised vouchers at 4am so I woke my ass up at 2:30, got there by 3 AM. There was atleast 50 fucking people already in line stretching across the store and several others. The large majority of people in the front had actual camping gear ready to bot any blue shirt employees walking by. I ended up just going back to bed, HDTV less

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Went to bestbuy at 6:30 pm on thanksgiving hoping to snag the rumored second shipment of PS3's and Wii's. I left at 5:30 the next morning with absolutely nothing...I even put down the 100 DVD-R's because I was so /emo.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

today i snagged a 200gb HD for $20 and a 20" widescreen lcd monitor for $180 and a 1gb memory stick pro-duo for my psp for $15 those are the best deals i found by the time i woke up.

Old Merits
    BG Level

My computer's HDD died on me last night, so I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the whole thing. I bought a new Mobo, CPU, and Video Card.

And now I'm at work doing tech support for everybody who bought computer stuff today.

I went out with about 5 freinds at 3 am for the wall mart sale and proceed to try to make a block-aid in front of the store. Needless to say fat people need there wall mart.

Got to my local gamestop at 6:30, second in a line for one of 4 wiis. I'm so happy. Going home to a small town for the holidays = win.