Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Left 4 Dead

Didn't see a thread in the gaming forum dedicated to this

Anyone preorder it yet? It's 10% off if you preorder it, plus you get to play the Demo on Nov. 6th (Public demo release is Nov. 11)

I didn't really know a whole lot about Left 4 Dead until last week, after reading this thread at Steampowered

All I can say is this could be possibly the most enjoyable multiplayer FPS when it gets released, and I'm more excited to play this than any other game being released in 2008

I like this quote from Gabe Newell:

Every time someone plays Left 4 Dead, we witness the most overwhelmingly positive reaction that we've seen from any of our games. This gives us tremendous confidence in the product and why we've taken the game on the road, produced this pre-launch demo, and invested more advertising dollars on the title than any prior release from Valve.
    One of the 4 playable "Boss" classes if you're playing on the Infected team, is called the Smoker (My current favorite from what I've read):

Another form of Boss Infected, the Smoker's basic specialty is his 50-foot tongue, which he uses to grab players from a great distance (50 feet ). The tongue can be used to pull them into a mob of infected, or off a ledge to hang them, or just let them fall. He can effectively hang people if he grabs them from an above ledge, or even from a level playing field and snagging them over a lamp post, and just hold them there.
    Fucking sweeeeeeeet

I have been following it pretty closely, but i have to say I am still on the fence on this one. At least insofar as whether i want to buy it right away, or rent it and see. I do know that i want to play it, just not sure about much more than that.

Also... fast zombies are infinitely scarier than slow ones... goddamn it.

It definitely looks fun, I just want to know how it actually plays of course before I decide. The demo, assuming public demo for me, may end up making up my mind.

I remember seeing the Smoker in one of the gameplay videos. Was pretty funny, as the guy got caught in it and none of his teamates came to help so he basically just ended up dying. Also, in the same video i think, they show him stumbling into a room where a Witch is and it was creepy as hell. I think she killed him also, and then everyone else on his team.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've been following it's progress since I heard about it last year. I did not know about the 10% discount if you preorder it. Either way I will be picking it up the day it comes out, as are a few of my friends. Game Informer picked Left 4 Dead as it's best game in show at either E3 or the Tokyo game show, I can't remember which. I just remember reading it in my issue.

The best part is that the game actually learns and adapts. The developers were quoted saying that at one point the infected began scaling fences to get at players when they had never previously done that. So the game itself learns as you go which is going to make beating the game a blast. If you take that into account, they are basically saying that because the game learns, the game will play out exactly the same way.

Plus four player coop? Thank Christ. Four player zombie coop? /drool

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Im not a big fan of fast paced zombie games, doesnt much appeal to me, but looks like a solid title.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Anything with good co-op is a buy for me. I hope they can find a way to get mods for the 360.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

I love games with good co-op modes. LOVE THEM.Will be checking this out.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'd love to play this game but nobody else I know is really interested in getting it. The idea of playing it simply for single player isn't very appealing and I'm worried about the possibility of doing co-op with a complete stranger who screams at everything or is a 10 year old child calling everyone and everything gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachna View Post
    I'd love to play this game but nobody else I know is really interested in getting it. The idea of playing it simply for single player isn't very appealing and I'm worried about the possibility of doing co-op with a complete stranger who screams at everything or is a 10 year old child calling everyone and everything gay.
    Is there a single-player? I thought it was multi-player exclusive.

Though admittedly I haven't paid much attention to L4D other than "Zombies!".

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yea there is a multiplayer co-op though won't know if you gotta have all 4 players to start or can you like get 3 people and just make the last a computer or something. It looks good but I don't know if I wanna get it right away until I play the demo ;x. I haven't touched tf2 or cs:s in a long time too so <_________>.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

you can play with 1 person, the director (AI) will control the rest of the players

also, you can go afk while playing and the director will play your character for you until you return

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Left 4 Dead looks fucking amazing,

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Me and my friends are down for Left 4 Dead.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

[IGN link removed]

Fucking amazing, November 6th can't come soon enough........

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit that looks good. So many good games coming for 360 (my pc couldnt run it) and so little money, and time for that matter.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I saw a thread on Cheap Ass Gamers that if you pre-order the 360 on Amazon, it's like $48 at the check-out. Pretty good deal in my opinion for what's looking like it's going to be a fucking amazing game, just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    [IGN link removed]

Fucking amazing, November 6th can't come soon enough........
    Those 5min practically eclipsed most recent horror/zombie flicks.

Do want.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

That trailer was fucking great.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Man, I can't wait to try out the Smoker boss-infected

One of the worst things that I saw from any boss Infected came from a Smoker (and I say worst because I was on the Survivor side at the time). The finale was over, both Tanks destroyed, and the helicopter on the landing pad. The Survivors were climbing up the ladder and piling into the copter when the Smoker decided to strike. The last one up the ladder was suddenly pulled away from safety and into a pile of swarming Infected, including a number of bosses. There was no saving the Survivor, despite the best efforts of the man behind the copter's machine gun. No other Infected can rob a player of victory quite like that.
    And the Tank (of course)

Slamming the right mouse button will launch a rock or debris at whatever you're aiming for. If you're standing near a car, you can rocket one of these babies right into a Survivor. If nothing is around, you will tear a hunk of earth and rock from the ground. This can be somewhat tricky to aim but when you do connect, you will stagger the Survivor and do some serious damage (thereby slowing their movement). These rocks can be thrown a fair distance and may lead to some fun siege situations, with Survivors held up at some point and the Tank lobbing stones.
    http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-index

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just a heads up, if you preordered L4D for 360 or PC (Via steam, or in-store), you can now preload the demo

It unlocks to play at 2am PST this morning for 360, 7am PST for PC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast