+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Color Out of Space     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Color Out of Space

Director: Richard Stanley ( first feature film directed since his firing from The Island of Dr. Moreau)
    Writer: Richard Stanley and Scarlett Amaris
    IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5073642/
    Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_Out_of_Space_(film)

Synopsis:
    A story of cosmic terror about The Gardners, a family who moves to a remote farmstead in rural New England to escape the hustle of the 21st century. They are busy adapting to their new life when a meteorite crashes into their front yard. The mysterious aerolite seems to melt into the earth, infecting both the land and the properties of space-time with a strange, otherworldly color. To their horror, the Gardner family discover that this alien force is gradually mutating every life form that it touches...including them.

Cast:
    Nicolas Cage as Nathan Gardner
    Joely Richardson as Theresa Gardner
    Madeleine Arthur as Lavinia Gardner
    Q'orianka Kilcher as Mayor Tooma
    Brendan Meyer as Benny Gardner
    Tommy Chong as Ezra
    Elliot Knight as Ward Phillips

Trailers:

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

this will be 100% amazing or 100% stupid. there's no splitting the difference here.

I'm pretty sure it will be both.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

ugh, I really wanted this to be amazing... but that trailer doesn't give me any hope.

Please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    ugh, I really wanted this to be amazing... but that trailer doesn't give me any hope.

Please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong...
    Depends on what you are looking for but the trailer really doesn't really warn you what you are in for lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bweigelt View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will be both.
    It kind of was a bit of both. At first starts out as pretty decent kind family drama going into a kind of psychological thriller as weird shit starts happening and you slowly get to see the full range of Cage acting.

But then shit starts getting really crazy and you start to get Dark Crystal-esque monster nightmare fuel and crazy colorful psychedelic gorgeous visuals and you get full range of Cage in single scenes lol.

Definitely a B movie and the shift around the 3rd act is a bit jarring, but it has great if sometimes disturbing visuals, solid acting all around especially with the daughter and Cage doing Cage things, and engaging story (though kind of doesn't really explain the Color... or does it? Shit is somewhat ambiguous and hard to tell for sure. I get that's the point but still wanted more). So yeah I'd recommending finding this and freaking out your date with it

Also apparently this is going to the be the start of a trilogy of Lovecraft stuff.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Happy to say, I was wrong - I loved it.

It started out shakey though, and honestly, I had low expectations going in based on that trailer.

At the start I felt like Cage was the worst part of the movie, but at some point... maybe when him and his wife went to the hospital?...everything became just as fucked up as him and it just started working.

The only disappointing part for me was Benny - kind of anticlimactic.

I'm excited for the next two films.