sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I Need Input

I'll preface this by stating that I lost all faith in God when my father got terminal cancer and died at 63. I never remember anything about dreams, ever. I had a dream last night that left me really shaken. Here is what is consisted of.

Katy and I had a fight so I left the house and went to a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game(I hate baseball and loathe the Pirates because they are cheap ass fucking con artists.) So I was there with my two best friends that I never met and there were three kids sitting behind us. The one kid was bald and spent the entire game throwing stuff at me. When I turned around and yelled at him, he revealed he was a she and had leukemia and had months to live. Her name was Alex. The next part of the dream was she and I in a hospital room about to undergo a bone marrow transplant. It went without a hitch and she lived.

I don't pay a lot of credence into religion or acts of God but I honestly find myself kind of shaken. I don't remember dreams. The only cancer type dreams I've ever had involved my father dying and they are vague passing images I barely remember after I wake up. So for me to have a dream about saving someone with a specific type of cancer and what it entailed is kind of making me think this is something I should research.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? Am I alone in this?

Banned.

BG Level

this is now a thread about alligators flying helicopters

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Lay off the sauce broheim.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I remember dreams all the time, but my husband doesn't. When he does it's something pretty fucking weird. As much as I'd like to say it was some sort of religious calling, it probably is just your brain was on hyper stress. It's possible the dream happened just as you awoke so you actually remembered it this time.

Needless to say, when I have a pretty realistic dream it's sometimes lethargic to do something in relation to it. ie. for you it would be go volunteer with kids for a day or something. Probably a placebo, but it helps to feel like you "did something" about it.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's a dream. Even people who almost never remember their dreams do sometimes. It doesn't mean anything.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    It's a dream. Even people who almost never remember their dreams do sometimes. It doesn't mean anything.
    This, end of story.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Lay off the sauce broheim.
    I don't drink. It's something stupid I know. I just needed someone's input on this. I've never in the 8 years since my father passed had a dream like this. It was so specific and I remember everything about it. Like I said I don't put a lot of stock in dreams/visions/etc but for me to have a cancer dream that didn't involve my father dying is kind of hitting me a bit.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, I won't comment on the contents of the dream or implications thereof, but being an organ donor and on the marrow donor list I happen to have the website handy for the registry. It's http://bethematch.org/. Visions or not, saving a life with a gift like that is something that you can definitely do if you choose to do so. I haven't been called up for the marrow thing but I owe my life to the availability of blood transfusions and I give whenever I can.

Banned.

BG Level

I'd like to put it in

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I don't drink. It's something stupid I know. I just needed someone's input on this. I've never in the 8 years since my father passed had a dream like this. It was so specific and I remember everything about it. Like I said I don't put a lot of stock in dreams/visions/etc but for me to have a cancer dream that didn't involve my father dying is kind of hitting me a bit.
    When I first had my daughter every night I would have these specific dreams of her dying in some way or another. Some made me wake up crying because at first I thought they really happened. She got a lot of tight hugs then lol. But really they were just dreams. None of that shit ever even came close to happening, yet I still remember them all.

As I said, stress I think might cause this more than anything.

DAE DMT?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Have you been watching any sports lately?

You were at a place you hate, a Pirates game, and went to another place you hate, the hospital. Someone who annoyed you (a bad person) got to live where your father (good) died.

Sounds to me like you just had a dream about how mad you still are that a decent person had to die where there are less deserving people (in your eyes) that get to survive. Dreams incorporate lots of random events, usually of things you were doing recently. I've had parts of dreams include movies I watched before I went to bed, for example.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have dreams kind of like this every so often. They feel incredibly real when I wake up, but as the day progresses, I start to either forget parts of it, or I start to realize how unrealistic it actually was.

I don't know, it's likely different for everyone.

If you really want to do something about this, I would suggest you write down as many details as you can, and just keep it somewhere that you know you'll always be able to reference it. (I guess this post kind of does that, but I would physically write it down.) This way, if you ever want to recall these details for whatever reason, you'll have it. (In my case, as I write stuff down, I would probably start to realize how bogus it was and just give up, but if you feel strongly about it, don't let anyone stop you.)

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sorry Weave, I too almost never remember my dreams but I get pretty shaken when one of them is very vivid and very upsetting. Last night I was tired from traveling (delayed flights are awesome) and I had a dream where I was producing a show on NFL Network and my friends and I were interviewing Colin Kaepernick and it was terrible. Long story short I wouldn't go looking for hidden meaning or reading horoscopes or anything like that. Just try to forget about it.

Also, give the Buccos a chance, they're gonna turn it around!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wife and I talked. I'm going to do some research and make a decision in a few days. I don't pay a lot of stock into dreams, premonitions, or God but this is something that for some reason I can't seem to shake. Thank you guys for your input. I don't know what I'm going to do. I keep feeling like if I register and do the blood work I'm going to get called.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Doesn't really seem like you want input as much as you want confirmation. Basically everyone said it's uncommon, but nothing that's impossible or symbolic, but you're still pushing for it to mean something.

Aren't you having a kid? Maybe that's contributing to your position on god. You said you lost your faith. That means you had it at one point, yeah?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wife and I talked. I'm going to do some research and make a decision in a few days. I don't pay a lot of stock into dreams, premonitions, or God but this is something that for some reason I can't seem to shake. Thank you guys for your input. I don't know what I'm going to do. I keep feeling like if I register and do the blood work I'm going to get called.
    Don't go to a message board, or anyone for that matter, to have something like that interpreted. Make of it whatever your heart wants to make of it. Do whatever you feel will make you comfortable. Fuck everyone else.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post
    Doesn't really seem like you want input as much as you want confirmation. Basically everyone said it's uncommon, but nothing that's impossible or symbolic, but you're still pushing for it to mean something.

Aren't you having a kid? Maybe that's contributing to your position on god. You said you lost your faith. That means you had it at one point, yeah?
    We've already had a kid. He's 5 months old. I think that's part of what's influencing me. If I could donate and help someone with a kid I could potentially give a complete stranger a chance with their child. If it was me I'd want the same. I just don't know what to think tbh. With how rarely I remember dreams and with the seriousness of the content I can't just immediately dismiss it. I'm seriously freaked out by all of this. I think the I don't even....meme applies here.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i dunwanna dream cause dreaming is work ya know, i just wanna sleep, but now i gotta build a go-kart with my ex-landlord. i want to dream of me watching myself my sleep *mitch*

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

I'll preface this by stating that I lost all faith in God when my father got terminal cancer and died at 63. I never remember anything about dreams, ever. I had a dream last night that left me really shaken. Here is what is consisted of.

Katy and I had a fight so I left the house and went to a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game(I hate baseball and loathe the Pirates because they are cheap ass fucking con artists.) So I was there with my two best friends that I never met and there were three kids sitting behind us. The one kid was bald and spent the entire game throwing stuff at me. When I turned around and yelled at him, he revealed he was a she and had leukemia and had months to live. Her name was Alex. The next part of the dream was she and I in a hospital room about to undergo a bone marrow transplant. It went without a hitch and she lived.

I don't pay a lot of credence into religion or acts of God but I honestly find myself kind of shaken. I don't remember dreams. The only cancer type dreams I've ever had involved my father dying and they are vague passing images I barely remember after I wake up. So for me to have a dream about saving someone with a specific type of cancer and what it entailed is kind of making me think this is something I should research.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? Am I alone in this?
    no but thanks for the fap material

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast