+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

A happy ending to a dumbass move

I managed to get ahold of the person who purchased my account, and got extremely, extremely lucky - I know this person - well. They're a friend I've known for along time. After some discussion, it seems they were as regretful of paying 300 bucks (gotta love IGE mark up...) for my character as I was selling it.

They knew me, and because of our friendship, offered it back to me now that I was playing again, since they never even used my character.

My character Six is now in my possession once again - as untouched as when I sold it (he/she only logged in a couple times, and didnt change a thing).

The only thing I'm saying here is that sometimes theres a good ending to stupid fucking move like selling your account. Please heed my advice if you're considering it - it's not worth it. I got lucky, but you will regret it if you do.

There's 10 million account hack/stolen threads, thought I'd throw a positive one out there.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Someone hacked my account (allegedly, the truth never really came out) and then "sold it for 500$" I was absolutely DEVASTATED when it happened. I felt like a little--no, a huge-- part of me was stolen.

After alot of friends trying to help, and POL people sucking, somehow the guy that stole it just gave it back. He, "couldn't handle being harassed" as much as the people on my server were harassing him.

I changed the password, then made myself forget it. I won't play FFXI again I don't think, but I will agree that selling your character is a really big deal. If you want to quit, quit, don't give someone else your baby.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

So then Belle, can you imagine how good it feels to be offered my baby back for free -- unchanged?? ^^

I'm sorry for your lost account. I know what it feels like, deleted or sold - it sucks.

I deleted my very first character, Jerseyprophet (ver 1), 75 Thief. Then I re-rolled a new character named Sixunderground (the acct I'm speaking of), and then finally a third, again named Jerseyprophet. All three are my own, but I put the most work in to my second, Six (75 rdm, 50+ thf).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

glad you getting you baby back (ribs?).

See you in bahamut bud.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

/rimshot

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

[quote="Jerseyprophet"]So then Belle, can you imagine how good it feels to be offered my baby back for free -- unchanged?? ^^
    quote]

Somewhat. My account was given back to me for free, but with anything of any value sold/dropped and 0 gil on the account. But I had my little taru back, and I think I cried a little bit because I was so happy that all the drama regarding it was over.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I changed the password, then made myself forget it.
    Damn it, you just made me lose the game

oh well only twice so far after a couple months

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

I've done the same thing almost two years ago. It had to have been the most retarded move I’ve ever made in a MMO and there isn’t a day that goes by that I wish I didn’t sell my old account. Congratulations on getting your account back. Sometimes you have to lose something to know its importance.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Plow

FUCK!!!

I was doing SO well, too!!

Damn you.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So you sold your char and someone gave it to you for free?

Quote Originally Posted by some RMT'ing ass
    There's 10 million account hack/stolen threads, thought I'd throw a positive one out there.
    Cept in this case you sold your account to IGE and didn't get it "hacked" or stolen. You have a nice friend to give it back to you. You are an ass for selling your account in the first place, especially since you were just saying how much money you made in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Res
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow

FUCK!!!

I was doing SO well, too!!

Damn you.
    I lose the game every few hours.. it has really poisoned my mind and it's driving me insane.

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Getting banned is the best way to leave Vana'diel w/o lefting anything beside you! I swear!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

solsovly, it wasn't about money - I got a measly 100 bucks for my character and while it wasn't a kraken club/1000 merit point/upgraded relic, etc. type of ohmygod account - it was worth alot more than that.

I did it to try to force myself to never be able to play again, even if I wanted to. Didn't stop me, just pissed me off when I had to start over.

I dont make alot of money either, I make ends meet. You'd be amazed how high the cost of living is here. I would never be one of those people that brag, even if I did (you misunderstood that other post, I was defending the potential income as a DJ to emphasize that it's a legitimate career field). I grew up poor, I can't give my daughter designer clothes when she's in high school and my wife's ring isnt more than 1 1/2 carrot. I'm blue collar, and enjoy it - everything I own is my own, not mommy and daddys, not the governments.

New Merits
    BG Level

lucky you. I have had a couple scams all have been significant. Was banned recently and from my sig you can see it was a pretty amazing character (75RDM 75DRK 62THF and all subs but a couple). Se has proven time and time again they are no help in resolving these issues.

Almost had sea too...