FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BATTLETECH (and Mechwarrior)

I debated just posting this in the news thread, but fuck it, it's Battletech, it deserves it. The cause of the post is one thing, but there's more, so hang around a bit after.

---
    Harebrained just launched it's kickstarter for their Battletech game today.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ch/description

As of posting, it's up to $600k and gotten through the first batch of stretch goals for a complete skirmish game.
    $1mil gets a story campaign. $1.8mil gets mercenary side campaign and post-game.
    $2.5mil gets Solaris VII multiplayer PVP.

I would imagine that between HBS ability to deliver and support like they did with Shadowrun, that if this is fully funded and successful, it would not be impossible to see a full universe turn-based multiplayer Battletech game years down the line. The entire goddamn succession wars.

Also, as always out of my pricerange, but goddamn at the physical reward tiers.
    $125 gets you a House crested: Cap, Enamel Lapel Pin, Velcro Patch (wait for it), Keychain, Dogtags, AND A 2FT x 4FT HOUSE BANNER. Dude.
    $275 Gets you a BT flight jacket, which just happens to have a velcro spot for the house patch.
    ---

Granted, this game alone is niche enough that there probably wouldn't be enough posting to keep a thread alive, so..

Still follow the Battletech tabletop game? Post about it here.
    Wanna find people to bang their heads against the UI in Megamek, and try and play some TT BT online? Post about it here.
    Wanna bitch about MWO, MW:LL, MW:T, or MW:DA? Post about it here.
    Want to reminisce about Mechwarrior 1-4* and or MechAssault? You know the drill.

*( and the fact that the MW3 expansion disc doesn't seem to fucking want to install on a modern PC >:[ )

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Light the Kari signal!

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

They've reached the full featured single player campaign goals. $300k to go until post-campaign content and goals.
    Also, they've added a non-House swag option, so the clan players don't need to sully themselves. And the jacket can be grey or black, with a full range of sizes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

man the art reminds me so much of when i used to play the card game. hope this comes out good

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I really liked the card game, I believe I still have a small set of cards somewhere.
    I keep hoping someday, it gets done that you can get full picture, rule enforced, programs to play it and other old dead card games.

As for the kickstarter, funding just broke 1.85 mil with just over 2 weeks left. The expanded post-game merc campaign is go!
    The next mini goals are a customizable base at 2 mil, and at 2.15 mil a batch of legendary battlemechs and mechwarriors you can temporarily hire.
    Past that, it's just the final push to 2.5 for the PVP multiplayer.
    Lastly, the creative director for the game did an AMA session yesterday. https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...e_director_at/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Kickstarter just reached 2 mil, just 10 days left to reach 2.5 mil for full goals.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

With 24 hours left to go, the 2.5 million goal has been reached, PvP Multiplayer is go.
    Also, the hype goals have been reached, adding four famous squads to skirmish play (Eridani Light Horse, Kurita Sword of Light, Fox's Teeth, Black Widows), and some NPC cameos to the story (Morgan Kell, Justin Xiang-Allard, Grayson Death Carlyle, Natasha Kerensky). Also, Michael Stackpole will now be writing out a full length novel.

Any further fundraising goes to polishing currently planned features, anything left over after that will fund a post-release content team, who's first goal is co-op skirmish.