Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The DioField Chronicle (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW) - Strategy RPG from the Dev of Etrian Odyssey - 2022

Developed by Lancarse Ltd (Lost Dimension/Etrian Odyssey)
    SQUARE ENIX® today announced The DioField Chronicle, an all-new strategy-RPG that immerses players in an epic tale of war and honor, is coming to the PlayStation®5 (PS5™) system, the PlayStation®4 console, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and STEAM® later this year.

This fresh new franchise is developed by SQUARE ENIX in conjunction with Lancarse Ltd, a team of veteran strategy developers, features unique character designs by Taiki (Lord of Vermilion III, IV), concept art by Isamu Kamikokuryo (FINAL FANTASY XII, FINAL FANTASY XIII) and has beautifully orchestrated music by world-renowned composers Ramin Djawadi and Brandon Campbell, known best for their work on Game of Thrones.

The Announcement Trailer unveiled today provides a first look at the story and new, deeply strategic real-time battle system called ‘Real-Time Tactical Battle’ (RTTB). Told through stunning ‘diorama’-style combat scenes, players will assess front line conditions in real-time, issue decisive orders and use a variety of skills, classes, and equipment to gain the upper hand over their foes.

The DioField Chronicle is set in a beautiful and unique world blending fantasy, medieval and modern-day influences. Under the steady hand of the Shaytham dynasty, the Kingdom of Alletain on DioField Island has known peace for 200 years, but suddenly find themselves cast into an age of uncertainty due to the rise of warlike powers and modern magic.

The Kingdom of Alletain is rich in the mineral Jade, prized for its use as a base ingredient in magic and sorcery, and the attention of both the Empire and the Alliance inevitably turns towards the island. Players will take control of a band of elite mercenaries calling themselves “Blue Fox”, but will the name “Blue Fox” come to signify hope or darkest tragedy?
    https://diofieldchronicle.square-enix-games.com/en-us/
    http://www.lancarse.co.jp/index_en.html

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Always down for more strategy game. Idk if it needs all the cinematic pizzazz but we'll see

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ooh, the devs of Lost Dimension did this..

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Why the fuck do people keep comparing this to Fire Emblem? It's real time rather than turn based? Reminds me of Suiko 5 war battles if anything.

BG Level

But there are 3 nations/kingdoms/whatever. That sort of thing only happens in Fire Emblem! The part where they panned over the map is all I've got that maybe people thought of FE. The battle stuff reminded me initially of 13 Sentinels.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just got it... Diofield Chronicle... Diofield = Diorama Fields

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This actually looks really fun

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Looks fun, I’m down for more RTS fun

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Demo tomorrow

BG Level

I played a little bit of the demo just to get a taste, and I'll be keeping an eye on this game. You have the jobs/skills and all that like it's a regular old tactics rpg, but the way the battles work, it has a bit of a RTS feel to it. It's an interesting spin that I hope they'll be able to pull off well.