Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A question for successful Einherjar Shells

This is to anyone who has managed to get to progress through the tiers

How many Bards do you usually run with in order to crowd controll well enough on each tier?

I would like to get some runs of this going in our shell but I dont think we have enough Bards at the moment. I am not keen on sending everyone to certain death with no chance of success. Blu is ok to sleep aswell i suppose but from my experience nothing can match Horde Lullaby for keeping things under controll.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Re: A question for successful Einherjar Shells

2-4

Or just have someone with movement speed and a dedicated healer aggro sets of mobs and kite them around (one kite team per set of mobs) as your main group pulls one off at a time, and you decimate the place w/o having a clusterfuck and no chance of dying..

I'm curious... how do you get around the linked hate for all mobs of a certain type so that your kiter actually retains control of them? Every time I've seen such a strategy attempted, the horde comes back and rapes within seconds of engage.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Or just have someone with movement speed and a dedicated healer aggro sets of mobs and kite them around (one kite team per set of mobs) as your main group pulls one off at a time, and you decimate the place w/o having a clusterfuck and no chance of dying..
    um, no my knowledge that has never worked? People have tried and the mobs just went for anyone in ally.

take a BLU, ur BRDs will never die, and 2 brds should be enough. AOE stun etc.. is great

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    um, no my knowledge that has never worked? People have tried and the mobs just went for anyone in ally.
    Wouldn't it work if the person was solo though? Not in the alliance.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Umako/video ... sEinherjar

Seems to indicate that sound aggro (as opposed to taking action on the mob) allows you to kite the whole bunch without losing aggro.

We usually do it with mobs that cast. Works until you start pulling them off of him, then it all falls apart and they'll randomly come to the alliance.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If a person gets hate through aggro or linkage (i.e. did not mess with the mob), I think you can perform actions on said person without being on the hate list. This is why it works I think...

When you link or say sound aggro something, you're not on the "hate list" yet. You must actually do something to the mob first like Provoke or Ranged Attack. Before you do this, you're not on the list, so anyone that does something to you will not get dragged onto said list. So this kiting idea does work, as long as you aggro'd the mobs and didn't actually perform an action on them. Examples...

PLD pulled mob with Ranged Attack >> All Link >> WHM Hastes PLD >> WHM gets pounded
    PLD aggros mobs >> All Link >> WHM Hastes PLD >> PLD still retains hate

The idea beyond a kiting strat is if you aggro things on your kiter, you can still cure bomb the kiter without fear of getting hate. The problem I see with this is since hate seems to be somewhat linked in Einherjar, when someone "pulls" a mob in the group to be killed, that places someone on the actual hate list (and probably on all the mobs' list), making cure bombing your kiter impossible (because Cures now count towards Enmity).

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd

Bingo.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

interesting, I had thought people tried it and failed but that's nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd

Bingo.
    Doesn't work 100%, after you've pulled a couple off him they'll all start randomly coming. And they'll pick whoever they want.

Edit: Trust me, Einherjar's hate is fucked up on how it works.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Einherjar's hate is fucked up because you guys keep using SMN, BST, PUP for fucking pets.

i think my ls uses 2-3 brds and there's two /assists so they plow thru more than one mob at a time and that would be one less mob to wake up and smack a brd or blm. it works pretty for them

My ls uses 2 brds and 1 rdm/blm for sleepga. In wing II (and wing III) the mobs are usually sleepable by rdm. Also rdm get 20 ish seconds on sleepga recast.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I still can't believe people are stuck in the kiting phase.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to kite. Why? Wait until you get to higher tiers when multiple waves are up. Have fun with that.

As for tier 1, the hate system is shared throughout the arena. Taking someone out of alliance made no difference when we tried on our 3rd or so run. After 3 mobs pulled, the rest started trickling away from our kiter and no one was sleeping.

If you're having trouble sleeping mobs that aren't resistant to lullaby and/or immune to sleep, then you have some problems.

Only when our BRDs are overburdened with resistant mobs does it get irritating, but whms and rdms should FOCUS ON THE BRDS. The brds are the key to Einherjar most of the time. If they all fall, you'll be raped without sleepers (if your blms aren't able to).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's definitely possible to kite in the later wings. My puller has been able to pull it off without aggro'ing the other waves of mobs, and we're currently working on our second Odin.

Anyways, my linkshell usually runs 3-4 BRDs. /NIN. Assign a mage to keep them hasted.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think most people that faild kiting are failing due to using summoners (dismiss = aggro).

I kited 12 bombs and I didnt only aggro them, I actually Stunned one (I was outside the alliance if it makes a difference but i doubt it does). As long as your kiter stays alive you're fine, if he dies you're fucked tho.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People use SMN in Einherjar?