BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Elmer's Vanafest Zam Info Summary and Dev Q&A

Elmer's writeup from vanafest is up now on zam. Part 1 is a summary of all the info, part 2 is a dev Q&A with other media.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=29967

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.htm...67&storypage=2

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

not bad interview..

boo they pretty much dismissed FFXI on PSVita..
    they're still not exactly explaining the lack of PS2 support listed in EU/NA versions tho..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

ohhhh please plaese let us be able to be a gobbie for MvP be totally worth coming back just for that

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Fucking play as a monster thing, ungh. Why you gotta decide to add stuff I wanna do a year later SE? qq

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    not bad interview..

they're still not exactly explaining the lack of PS2 support listed in EU/NA versions tho..
    I was really looking forward to that. Had they brought that out, I would've been back in XI.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    not bad interview..

Again, EU PS2 doesn't exist. The market is obviously not there in the US but it would be nice to see them maybe do a download version or allow people to buy it through the SE store.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was looking forward to psvita XI. It's a shame they got rid of it. I'd have definitely bought a vita if they had made it.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I was looking forward to psvita XI. It's a shame they got rid of it. I'd have definitely bought a vita if they had made it.
    XI was the only thing that would have gotten me to buy a Vita. Oh well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Also I sent a dev question twat to Elmer in regards to the damn colisseum:
    https://twitter.com/Gwynplainer/stat...17254169001986

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Think of it this way. The Vita would have to have enough memory to store ALL the game data. That's gigs. I don't think the machine can handle it.

In the East and the South, there would be certain limitations in terms of the story, where it would have to tie into events in the past. The best option was to set the expansion in the Far West in a land that has not been explored.
    To be honest, the cynic in me thinks this isn't about "providing a new experience for everyone involved" rather than "we were never expecting to make another FFXI expansion until FFXIV tanked and SE needed some more money, so we had to hastily draw up new concepts and chose the one with the least baggage to work from". It's been 6 full years between WOTG and now- most MMOs would have 3 full expansions in that sort of time frame.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited, but I just don't think the reason for Far West rather than something else is what they're claiming it to be. I think they really were planning on winding down FFXI's resources until the FFXIV ship totally sunk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    To be honest, the cynic in me thinks this isn't about "providing a new experience for everyone involved" rather than "we were never expecting to make another FFXI expansion until FFXIV tanked and SE needed some more money, so we had to hastily draw up new concepts and chose the one with the least baggage to work from". It's been 6 full years between WOTG and now- most MMOs would have 3 full expansions in that sort of time frame.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited, but I just don't think the reason for Far West rather than something else is what they're claiming it to be. I think they really were planning on winding down FFXI's resources until the FFXIV ship totally sunk.
    I can see their point, since they do not like to base expansions off of other expansions. If we go to the Far East, they could not have it being both ravaged by the Emptiness if the person does not have CoP done compared to being rebuilt if the person has completed it, not to mention that Tenzen and Gessho could not be involved in the storyline because they would not be able to assure that the players wouldn't need them for CoP and WotG if they did not complete them. If we go to the south, I could imagine similar headaches with your involvement in ToAU. Going west or north would be the primary ways to combat this.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Additionally, Tenzen is fucking boring and strangely over glorified.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Play as a monster could be fun but I await the devil in the details though.

Isn't it up to be released around when Salvage revamps happen?

I think all of CoP is overglorified, really, but I guess I won't elaborate on that here.

I dunno, Wings of the Goddess is quite possibly the most constrained idea they could've possibly done (Out of all the expansions, I think the Crystal War has always been the thing we've gained the most details of before the fact) and storywise I think it turned out fine. It's not like the details we've always heard have to be the focus or anything like that- we heard all about Karuha-Baruha constantly over the history of Windurst and truth be told he actually didn't get that much on-screen time during WOTG. (well, unless you count you-know-who)

The only real reasons I can think of to shy away from backstory is either laziness or caution, and XI is far from ever giving very solid details about stuff anyway. Almost the only thing we know about the events in the Far East is that the Emptiness is causing wars to occur- they can do pretty much whatever they want with that. I think this has more to do with all the team shuffling that has happened over the past few years caused by FFXIV's development, and now we have a team that either wasn't the original team that gave the ideas presented before and thus are a bit cautious to go touching it, or the team is getting very short notice to create an expansion in the wake of XIV's failure.

I mean, I guess wanting a fresh start is probably just another indication that the team we have now might now be totally unfamiliar with the established canon of Vana'Diel, which is why they chose a mostly undeveloped land. It'll be interesting to see where things will go after this expansion...

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

blah blah blah.

I quit recently, But honestly, a lot of these changes are making me excited...

I'll probably be awakening my gimp 6yr old relic account once I get bored of Tera. Then, I can prepare for the expansion by completing COP, ToAU, and begining WotG lmao

I don't see this expansion doing much in-terms of bringing back alot of old subs who quit after Abyssea. It doesn't really have much allure, besides 2 hybrid jobs, nothing groundbreaking going on here. I hope they re-release that trailer though, that was a pretty lame showcase of "adventure" with the stroll through that ghost town

Best part of that trailer was the music. Look forward to hearing more of Mizuta's tunes.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Best part of that trailer was the music. Look forward to hearing more of Mizuta's tunes.
    This. I could care less if the expansion is good or not, if it has kick ass music I'm sold.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    I'll probably be awakening my gimp 6yr old relic account once I get bored of Tera. Then, I can prepare for the expansion by completing COP, ToAU, and begining WotG lmao

I don't see this expansion doing much in-terms of bringing back alot of old subs who quit after Abyssea. It doesn't really have much allure, besides 2 hybrid jobs, nothing groundbreaking going on here. I hope they re-release that trailer though, that was a pretty lame showcase of "adventure" with the stroll through that ghost town
    It is the first trailer fairly early in the development. We can see from the mystical ROM9 that the zones in the trailer were still being fleshed out. Point being, there are more trailers to come.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast