Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update Server issues     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Update Server issues

Anyone else getting constant POL-1160 while trying to get in? I somehow managed to slip past logging into PlayOnline after a couple hours of sparaodic attempts, but now it won't let me get into Final Fantasy XI.

New Merits
    BG Level

Having troubles as well... glad I see someone else is having login issues as well so it's not something on my end. /sigh... I can log onto POL but I get FFXI-3100 when trying to connect to FFXI. Guess just gotta wait.

edit:

ICR Adam M: If you are getting a service outage and are on the Internet Service Provider Charter Communications or Qwest, our technicians have traced the problem and determined it is a problem with their connection. A subnet for connection over to Japan is unavailable. You may need to contact them in regards to this problem.

^ from the online support

Banned.

BG Level

same problem here ...

i've started getting the problem today also, I'm qwest DSL

What do i need to do?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've heard my friends getting these problems as well. At first they couldn't log on FFXI, then after getting out of POL, couldn't get back in.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    I've heard my friends getting these problems as well. At first they couldn't log on FFXI, then after getting out of POL, couldn't get back in.
    That happened to me. I logged out of FFXI and took a nap, went to log back in and it booted me all the way out of POL and wouldn't let me back in.

New Merits
    BG Level

I spoke w/ Qwest tech support and this what he found out..

Analyst robert(Wed Dec 6 20:13:29 MST 2006)>We did experience some packet loss so we ran a trace route to see where is was being lost at. Our server is responding perfectly. The packets reach Japan kdd.net.ad.jp server with no problems but when this server hands off to the next Japan server it is getting lost. This problem server is Vectant an dis actually located in Japan. This Vectant company is who needs to fix the issue. I think Squeenix needs to work with their Japan counter parts on this.

This guy seemed to actually want to help, he said he played FFXI on quetz. server lol. But in the end, I guess all we can do is just wait for someone to fix it... The path we were tracing was to ns1.playonline.com.

edit: just logged on

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9399/ahhhhhhhgy3.jpg

I was in fine all day, then all of a sudden I start R0'ing, then I got this and I can't get back on ><

It's hung on POL and won't move pas "Verifying Playonline ID and password"t.

edit : Reset my router and it's all good now

Holy crap, I thought it was just me. I was having these problems trying to get on before Dynamis last night and finally gave up after a half hour.

Every time I'd repair my connection I'd get to some random spot before it would hang up, between not logging into POL at all, getting stuck at the "checking game version" screen, and not letting me into the lobby server.