Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: War role     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

War role

Hey guys, been watching the movies and poking around the site a bit. I got my static looking at joining a HNM LS in the next few weeks here, and I'm really at a loss. Our static makeup is whm, blm, rdm, pld, and myself, the war. I know what their roles will be in a HNM fight, or can at least gues the nature of them.

I have /nin /thf /sam /mnk all lvl'd as subs, but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is a war's role in most HNM and Dynamis battles. I've heard so many different things here that my head's spinning. Some say that melee is bad to have and that I won't be taken along to most HNM fights even tho both the LS's we might join have 0 Warriors. I've heard that I'd sub sam and just stand there meditating for TP, do one skillchain, and then medi some more. What are the roles of your warriors, and what advice can be given to me? I don't limit this question to only your warriors, as I would like many perspectives on this if I can get them.

Thanks for your time. Awesome movies, awesome site, awesome community you guys have.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Warrior w/ great axe=trick damage, warrior w/ nin = marathon, warrior w/ sam not too common, warrior w/ mnk....havent seen that one since level 35ish. dynamis isnt like a HNM, yur just another meele there. and ya being out of main alliance sucks, but everyone has to be that person sometimes

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

so on a HNM I would be melee'ing like normal? I've been told most LS's avoid this to keep HNM tp down, and that most HNMs have such a massive defense that melee doesn't do much, hence the fact that MNKs are used a chi-nukers instead of their usual role as a strong melee, but I wouldn't know from experience.

I do apologize for asking so much, but I have until January to make myself useful, because then I take a 7 month break from fighting in Vana'diel to fighting in Iraq :D

My goal by that time is lvl75, all 4 gods defeated, and hopefully at least one successful dynamis run.

Thanks for the time.