Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

How BLU burnable is Temperance?

Simple question, haven't fought this for a while, and even so, never had a blu with me. Wondering if he can be headbutt locked despite his different resistances, or if he's stunnable at all. Would 3x BLU/NIN be enough with RDM WHM BRD support or will we be crushed to pieces.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have no idea how effective BLU is against JoT, but in case you're simply looking for a low-man strategy I've personally killed it with 3 RDM/NINs using DoT only. Fucking boring as shit fight and very long, almost wiped us with its stupid Petrification move as well. Don't hurt me if you were looking solely for information pertaining to BLU-burn!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

While low man is nice, just looking for an easier way to kill with like 6 or so I don't wanna sit there for ages dotting it sorry

We have some blu in the LS and I hear they're good for it, just dunno how good. I hate Optical Induration.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can't stun it with my experience, but if all have /nin then could probably bounce hate pretty well and they DD the thing better than anything else I think. Just use Disseverment, Frenetic Rip, and Vertical Cleave

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/ffxi-...a-jailers.html
    A couple posts there claim 6 man setups, one of which is mainly WARs the other is mostly BLU, could ask the posters what their strats are exactly. I've personally done it with RDM + NIN, but it was an extremely long and boring fight >_>

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

A lot of big(ger) name NMs are completely immune to the stun effect from Head Butt. Don't know about Temp specifically, but I've gone to a few fights where I was counting on stun-locking and got shut down. Approach with Caution.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

I'm not sure 6 would be enough, with 3 BLUs. We can flat out wreck it, regardless of damage type, but if you feed it TP, it's gonna be hellishly hard for the BLUs to be kept alive. Maybe putting 3 BLUs on it, keep em alive a bit, then have a RDM stick grav til the BLUs are recovered HP/MP wise, let em go nuts for a minute, then repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    A lot of big(ger) name NMs are completely immune to the stun effect from Head Butt. Don't know about Temp specifically, but I've gone to a few fights where I was counting on stun-locking and got shut down. Approach with Caution.
    All jailers are immune to stun.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think I saw somewhere that it was done, but I don't think it would be too easy. PLD BLU WHM RDM BRD COR is my usual base party, then I just throw on extra DD from there if we have more people.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Err, no idea about BLU on Temperance, but if you're just looking for a group to kill Temperance @6man, a melee burn setup works fine. Recommend:

melee/nin
    melee/nin
    brd
    cor
    whm
    rdm

really shouldn't have any problems at all as long as both melee have slashing and piercing. Give them MNKs roll if mp is getting low, but it shouldn't be necessary. Two WARs probably work best cause they have Provoke for kiting and both GAxe and a serviceable polearm + movement speed. Personally, I did it most often with a WAR and a DRK (no piercing, but he just nin/drk style tanked during piercing mode). Neither had movement speed at the time, and we didn't even have a COR, and it went fine.

SAMs are good too, cause they generally have a better -phys dmg setup than WARs, but whatever works. As long as the melees can bounce hate halfway decently, and the RDM has a good grav setup for blunt mode, it's a fairly easy fight. It's really not any different than LBC except kite during blunt mode.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/ffxi-...a-jailers.html
    A couple posts there claim 6 man setups, one of which is mainly WARs the other is mostly BLU, could ask the posters what their strats are exactly. I've personally done it with RDM + NIN, but it was an extremely long and boring fight >_>
    Could you post strat and gear set up for RDM + NIN?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I haven't fought him in forever, but IIRC he's either immune to stun or has a high resist to it, so headbutt lockdown shouldn't work. Probably be easier if you could switch one of the blus to something that could hold aggro and kite him effectively like another rdm, a pld, etc.

NIN/WAR, fulltime defender, idle in evasion setup:
    austers
    ungur/fenrir depending on time
    af+1 hat
    eva torque
    novia/elusive earring
    SH+1
    r.tekko+1
    wivre ring+1 x2
    boxer's mantle
    scouter's rope
    akinji or hakama depending on time
    dance shoes+1

Macro in terra's, arhat's+1 x2, jelly ring, darksteel+1 hands/legs/feet when i'm going to get hit.. standard 20% haste for ni(no dusk+1 or vbelt).. etc

RDM/NIN, was my mule at the time, not 100% on the gear but nothing more special than altruistic cape, wlegs, hq staffs, and a couple pieces of dusk+swift for utsu

Keep bio and poison on at most times as well as haste on both chars, both use tavnazian taco for food and have echos and antidotes. You do not feed any TP with bio or poison as bio lands for 0 damage, when it meikyos cast gravity and both run, otherwise do not waste gravity at all. RDM can use sleep2 or bind to grab hate quickly if NINs timers are bad, I imagine vent would be needed to communicate this properly as I was doing it myself. I only did it because my friend wanted a hope staff for her brd, ended up 1/1ing hope torque and using it for all of 2 days before i realized peacock amulet parsed better >_.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I haven't fought him in forever, but IIRC he's either immune to stun or has a high resist to it, so headbutt lockdown shouldn't work. Probably be easier if you could switch one of the blus to something that could hold aggro and kite him effectively like another rdm, a pld, etc.
    It has roughly 25% movement speed, kiting it will destroy your killspeed if you're trying to melee it and gravity doesn't stick for many casts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Alright, thanks, how long did that take about?

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Alright, thanks, how long did that take about?
    around 2 hours

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It has roughly 25% movement speed, kiting it will destroy your killspeed if you're trying to melee it and gravity doesn't stick for many casts.
    With 2-3 blus dpsing it, it's going to be spamming TP near constantly. No way straight tanking is going to work with that setup unless the blus really hold back, in which case you might as well just take the safer route with a dedicated kiter, and the 2 blus can go all out.

With 2-3 blus dpsing it, it's going to be spamming TP near constantly. No way straight tanking is going to work with that setup unless the blus really hold back, in which case you might as well just take the safer route with a dedicated kiter, and the 2 blus can go all out.
    I'm not the one who did it with blus, just pointing out that a dedicated kiter won't work too well because gravity only sticks for a few casts and without it you won't be able to keep a lead.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'm not the one who did it with blus, just pointing out that a dedicated kiter won't work too well because gravity only sticks for a few casts and without it you won't be able to keep a lead.
    I've kited it fine post nm resist update. Yes it will run slightly faster than a player with +movement, but with the bad mob ai pathing, and it stopping to use tp moves, it's not that bad. Yes it will hit you a lot, but if you can run out of range of a good portion of the tp moves, and stop it from killing your blus, seems a lot better than the alternative.

I've kited it fine post nm resist update. Yes it will run slightly faster than a player with +movement, but with the bad mob ai pathing, and it stopping to use tp moves, it's not that bad. Yes it will hit you a lot, but if you can run out of range of a good portion of the tp moves, and stop it from killing your blus, seems a lot better than the alternative.
    well if it works, /shrug.. just seems rough since it'll make it harder for the blus to DD as well once gravity starts sucking