Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 161 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Absolute Virtue Information (OP Updated)

EDITS

Since VS doesn't seem to play anymore, I've taken over editing his original post. This is meant to outline all KNOWN information about Absolute Virtue. If there is any information that looks incorrect, please post about it. I have placed [??] marks by areas of this post I feel need work.

When posting here, please, for the love of God, no theories about Ebon Panels and Jailer Weapons unless you personally fought AV and tested these.

-Kaeko

The Current State of Absolute Virtue

Since the Souleater gank kills in September of 2008, no proven kill for Absolute Virtue has occurred. The closest attempts have been ~43% by Apathy in June of 2009, and most recently ~33% using a similar strategy with the addition of Alexander Perfect Defense. The general consensus is that the key to beating AV lies with either surviving Meteor, or (if possible) locking Meteor. The 2hr locking method has been established, as has lowering its regen rate.

Absolute Virtue Traits and Stats

- 66,000 HP
    - 89 INT
    - +100 MDB (2.0 MDB) pre-bracelets
    - +132 MAB (2.32 MAB) pre-bracelets

- Near instant to instant fast cast

- Enhanced Movement Speed (~150%)

- Immune to all enfeebles except Shadowbind, Elemental DoTs, Dia, and Bio [?? - any other exceptions?]

- Quickly gains resistance to Souleater damage (September '08 patch)

- Resists Modus Veritas (October '09 patch)

- Will "home point" at the spot Jailer of Love was killed

- Will despawn due to inactivity if not touched for 3 minutes after reaching its "home point"

- Will despawn automatically 2 hours after Jailer of Love was spawned.

- Sheds all enfeebles if deaggro'd

If deaggro'd (say after a wipe), AV will immediately shed all current enfeebles on it. This is most relevant for DoTs such as Bio and Dia, which cannot be used to prevent 10% regen - a strategy useful on say Pandemonium Warden.

- Auto-Regen (low at ~2%/minute or ~60HP/tick)

This effect begins extremely strong, but is lowered by (1) killing Jailer of Love pets until only Ru'Phuabos are spawned (takes roughly ~15-20 sets of pet spawns), and (2) casting elemental spells on Absolute Virtue corresponding to the current day (roughly 60 casts, damage not relevant). For example, if currently Lightsday, spam Dia. After this is done, regen can not increase or reset, even upon full wipe, Call for Help, etc.

- Draw-In

Absolute Virtue will draw in if the player currently with hate is too far from it; however, it is not bound to a particular section of the southern zone. Because of this, you can slowly move AV to any part of Southern Sea.

- Building Damage Resistance [?? - gradual or tiered increase?]

In addition to the magic defense bonus +100 outlined earlier, AV has a general all damage types reduced that gradually increases as its current HP decreases. This applies to all forms of damage - magic, physical, and even non-elemental such as Shield Bash. This damage reduction seems to increase proportionally to its remaining HP% (for instance, at 50% HP, it has roughly -50% damage taken on top of MDB). It is unknown how this modifier works at extremely low HP, since if this reduction remained linear, at 1% HP, it would have 99% damage reduction (virtually unkillable). [?? - Does Tomohawk work?]

- "Bracelet Mode"

Similar to other Aerns, Absolute Virtue will gain access to purple/red "bracelets". This occurs at 59% HP. Once this occurs, bracelets will never be removed, even upon wipe or increases in its HP over 60%. In "bracelet mode", all of AV's stats are increased including attack and magic attack bonus. In addition, 2HR mechanics switch from single use to combo use (see section on 2HRs).

Absolute Virtue Abilities

AV does not have infinite TP; however, it does seem to have Regain. AV will not attempt TP moves while under certain 2HRs (e.g. Mighty Strikes)

Impact Stream – 10' AoE magic damage; added effect: stun, 50%DEF down; wipes shadows
    Wing Thrust – Single target physical damage; added effect: slow (overwrites haste); takes up to 4 shadows
    Auroral Wind – Conal wind magic damage; added effect: silence; ignores shadows
    Medusa Javelin – Conal physical damage; added effect: petrify; takes 1 shadow
    Explosive Impulse – 10' AoE damage [?? - magic or physical?] stemming from target; added effect: stun; takes 2-3 shadows; usable anytime after 80% HP and only after SAM 2HR prior to 80%

Absolute Virtue Spells

AV will cast roughly every 15-35 seconds unless influenced by certain 2HRs. Will cast at a near instant cast rate (mentioned earlier). It will cast exclusively under certain 2HRs (e.g. Chainspell), while not casting under the influence of others (e.g. Mighty Strikes).

Aero V
    Aeroga IV - 10' AoE from target
    Tornado II

Maiden's Virelai - single target charm; only usable while under Soul Voice

Comet - usable under Manafont, or anytime under 80% HP; absorbed by shadows; not reduced by Fealty
    Meteor - usable under Manafont, or anytime under 80% HP; reduced by -87.5% damage under Fealty; dark elemental; 30' AoE from target; Meteor Strength: Manafont no Bracelets (pre-lock) > Bracelets (<60% HP) > No Bracelets (60-80% HP)

[?? - I would like to get precise damage estimates of this by hopefully looking at old screenshots. It should be possible to back-calculate the base damage of these spells, including the AoEs. This is especially relevant to Meteor]

For AoE spells - Aeroga IV and Meteor - there is a base damage the spell would deal on a single target. This damage is spread when hitting multiple targets and uses the following formula:

[Single Target] = Base Damage x 1.0
    [2 to 9 Targets] = 0.9 - 0.05T where T is the number of targets
    [10+ Targets] = Base Damage x 0.4

Absolute Virtue 2HR Mechanics

- AV begins with access to the basic 15 job 2HRs (excludes ToAU and WotG jobs). Call Wynavs is the DRG 2HR, not Spirit Surge.

- AV will activate a random 2hr every 45 to 90 seconds.

- After 59% HP (bracelet mode), these 2HRs are used in combos every 45-90 seconds instead of single use. 2HRs that have been locked at this point will be skipped.

Call Wyvern >>> Familiar >>> Astral Flow
    Invincible >>> Benediction >>> Mijin Gakure
    Meikyo Shisui>>> EES >>> EES >>> EES
    Chainspell >>> Soul Voice [-Virelai Spam-]

- If the 2hr it uses has a timed duration, the timer starts after the current 2HR wears.

- If deaggro'd, the timer starts after AV is aggro'd

- Pet 2HRs (Mijin Gakure, Astral Flow, Familiar) cannot be used unless at least 1 Wynav pet is out.

- The same 2HR cannot be used twice in a row.

- Information regarding individual 2HRs are as follows:

Mighty Strikes - 45 second duration; will not cast or use TP moves while active

Hundred Fists - 45 second duration; will not cast or use TP moves while active

Blood Weapon - 30 second duration; will continue to cast and use TP moves

Manafont - 60 second duration; will cast exclusively Comet and Meteor

Chainspell - 60 second duration; will cast exclusively AeroV, AerogaIV, and Tornado II, or Virelai when paired with Soul Voice (bracelet mode)

Soul Voice 90 second duration; will cast Maiden’s Virelai roughly every 10 seconds (more often in bracelets mode); will not use TP moves or other spells while active

Perfect Dodge - 30 second duration; will continue to cast and use TP moves

Invincible - 30 second duration; will continue to cast and use TP moves

Eagle Eye Shot - instant; can be absorbed by 1 shadow

Meikyo Shisui - will make 5 consecutive attempts at Medusa Javelin or Explosive Impulse; duration varies and extends until all 5 attempts to use TP move are made; if unaggroed before 5 WSs are used AV’s natural TP regain can allow for additional WSs; will not cast while active

Benediction - instant; recovers all HP

Call Wyvern - instant; AV will spawn 3 (6 spawned when in bracelets mode) Aern's Wynav that instantly start attacking its current target

Aern's Wynav
    - 1,500 HP (3,000 HP after Familiar 2HR)
    - Will cast Tier IV and ga III spells that correspond to the current Vana'diel day (Sleepga II on Darksday)
    - Susceptible to Gravity and Silence (no building resistance to Gravity)
    - Will ‘walk’ back to Absolute Virtue if deaggroed
    - Enhanced Movement Speed

Familiar - instant; uses Wynav attack and doubles their HP (to 3000); only used while Wynavs are present

Mijin Gakure - instant; each Wynav pet will use Mijin Gakure on their current target; only used while Wynavs are present

Astral Flow - instant; Wynavs will gain TP and use a random Breath attack instantly; only used while Wynavs are present

Locking Absolute Virtue 2HRs

In order to lock an AV 2HR, a player must use the same 2HR within a very small time-frame of AV using it (roughly 2-3 second window) (e.g. ‘Absolute Virtue uses Manafont’ > ‘Player uses Manafont’). The player attempting to lock must:

(1) Be within a certain distance of AV (estimated at 20').
    (2) Be on AV's hate list.
    (3) Be in the alliance currently with claim on AV.

Link to videos of locked AV fighting
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1TU6XEFZ
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVJPB7TF

- When attempting to lock AV's DRG 2HR "Call Wyvern", use the DRG ability "Call Wyvern" and not "Spirit Surge".

- The player's level is irrelevant. A level 1 mule can lock AV.

- Upon success, AV will still continue with the 2HR (if duration based); however, will not use it again in the future if done successfully.

- Certain 2HRs can be "locked" without matching 2HRs. For instance, if "Call Wyvern" is locked and the pets killed, AV can never use the 3 pet 2HRs (BST, NIN, SMN). Also, because AV can never use the same 2HR twice in a row, once you have locked 14/15, the final 2HR will lock itself.

- Most groups successful at locking AV 2HRs will use a sync tool 3rd party program. All 2HRs can be sync locked except Eagle Eye Shot.

- Locking all 15 AV 2HRs does not affect AV's AI in any way (including Meteor). This includes getting a 15/15 "true lock" where no 2HRs are locked by alternative means (e.g. pet 2HRs)

- A common strategy is to keep Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists unlocked, since AV cannot use TP moves or cast while under these 2HRs and they are fairly harmless.

Quick Review of Important Information

(1) Sync Tools
    If you are a group that wants to reach "Bracelet Mode" (<60% HP), you will realistically need a 3rd party sync tool. I will not openly say which or where to get one, but you can PM certain posters here. Although it is possible to manually lock each 2HR, the error rate will severely limit your time (remember, you only have 2 hours to kill JoL and AV, and you have to wait 30 minutes just for JoL adds). Also, using mules to help lock will help you tremendously unless you have a group of incredible size (40+); remember, your level does not matter when locking.

(2) 2HR Locks - HF/MS
    The most common tactic is to leave Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists unlocked such that AV will rotate them roughly every 2 minutes. This is done to give you breathing periods since it cannot cast or use TP moves for the 45 second durations of MS and HF.

(3) Meteor
    Meteor is the reason people cannot beat this NM. There have been numerous strategies employed in order to limit the damage of this spell (including point #2). Others include (-1-) moving AV to the Palace Ramp to block damage to mages, (-2-) using Fealty to limit Meteor damage (-87.5% damage reduction), (-3-) a strong MDT/MDB set, which is basically required, (-4-) using Alexander's Perfect Defense, and (-5-) stacking dark resists. Surviving meteor consistently (or alternatively locking this if such a method exists) is the key to beating AV.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

In a best case scenario of locking two hours the first attempt each time, about how long would it take to lock them all? Sounds like yet another design in which having a third party program would be a major safety net, especially on that last two hour...

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wow, awesome information, I would like to be the first to say thanks for this and hopefully we can start working together to get that kill~

Cognatus

Yeah, this is definately a good compilation of information. Hopefully we can figure out the missing piece sometime soon.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I saw the topic title rq and went /facepalm, then I noticed the author and was quite pleased for the read lol. Thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That is awesome Info! He'll go down soon im' sure

DAKPluto

So basically....on event > AV

Seems like keeping it on a Blood Weapon -> Mighty Strikes rotation would be the best possible thing to do. That's a long time for it do really nothing of importance.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

shouldn't get too excited until we get more than:

'A rumour a group locked almost all 2hr's'

lets wait for more on how

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

This isn't a rumor. The information in this post was confirmed months ago, it was just never released to the public. <.<

I really hope this leads to something, I've been excited about AV for forever

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even I knew about this shit. Locking 2hrs is nice and all, but the whole meteor rape face was the major issue as explained. I guess it's trial and error until then?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I expected epic flames. But I was wrong, nice info.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Maybe a little of that FoV "Magic Evasion+" stuff would be good for AV, if those two spells are truely non-elemental

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

This space for sale after AV's death.

Great source/compilation of info. Makes many more things about AV a lot easier to understand. Now we just need some more groups willing to apply all of this, and test new things. Easily the best lump of info since the SE+BW farming was nerfed.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Maybe someone can clarify this for me, but for the first 1 minute or so, AV will not use 2 hours upon poping?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

i'm fairly certain (bearing in mind i haven't fought him since SE relocked him) that call wyvern is used upon engaging AV, but other 2hrs don't occur prior to 1 min. that would seem to coincide w/ the OP's note that 2hrs are used every 30-60 seconds.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi View Post
    Maybe someone can clarify this for me, but for the first 1 minute or so, AV will not use 2 hours upon poping?
    ya that's correct.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Martinius View Post
    i'm fairly certain (bearing in mind i haven't fought him since SE relocked him) that call wyvern is used upon engaging AV, but other 2hrs don't occur prior to 1 min. that would seem to coincide w/ the OP's note that 2hrs are used every 30-60 seconds.
    nah call wyvern isn't used upon engage, and it isn't always used first, however it appears to have a much much higher % usage than all other 2hrs.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There is nothing exceptional about AV when it pops, the 45-55 second two hour recast timer simply starts. It won't always use Call Wyvern either (I've seen it start with Manafont and Chainspell.)

Also, to the OP, you're stating that if you match a two hour and then match another two hour, the first two hour is locked?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LordshadowRagnarok View Post
    Maybe a little of that FoV "Magic Evasion+" stuff would be good for AV, if those two spells are truely non-elemental
    they aren't non-elemental, they are dark. I resisted both KB's meteors and AV's with a dark elemental build of around 200, granted I only got a few resists against AV, but if you had best possible you could likely resist with decent frequency. The thing about having a dark element build is obviously you can't have much, if any -MDT +MDB gear if you want to resist with any noticeable frequency so if you don't resist you are very likely dead, unless it is a non-manafonted, non-bracelets meteor, e.g. 60-79%HP.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 161 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast