Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NIN/BLU?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

NIN/BLU?

I know I'm gonna get zam'd or KI'd, but I looked there, and tried a search here to no avail.

Anyone here tried it? Is it worth anything?

I haven't leveled blu at all and just curious if it has it's own niche at anything.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Way to have absolutely no idea what both Ninja and Bluemage bring to the table, and why theyre completely wrong for eachother.

Leave.

DRK/BLM MAGIC BURST FAFNIR YAY?

No but seriously, /BLU has absolutely no hate abilities. Unless you have 50 THFs constantly tricking on you, you won't keep hate.

And also the fact that as /BLU, none of your spells would even land.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I was refering to tanking. Niche at tanking, I should have mentioned this.

Sorry I should have given more of a background, this came up in my ls chat and I was quite against it. Their arguement that spamming headbutt or whatever else blu has pre 37 would be good hate, I figured not.

I was merely looking for information since I could find NOTHING on it anywhere.

btw-Celeras, I have NIN @ 75, and mentioned I know nothing about blu, thanks for backing up what I thought was gonna happen though.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Way to have absolutely no idea what both Ninja and Bluemage bring to the table, and why theyre completely wrong for eachother.

Leave.
    Way to be a total piece of shit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Healing Breeze would be similar to NIN/WHM Curaga, but I really don't see the point in subbing BLU over WHM. I suppose it's NIN/WHM, with less MP, better defense, and no -na spells if you feel the need to cast those.

edit: No single target Cures either.

Quote Originally Posted by Secksi
    I was refering to tanking. Niche at tanking, I should have mentioned this.

Sorry I should have given more of a background, this came up in my ls chat and I was quite against it. Their arguement that spamming headbutt or whatever else blu has pre 37 would be good hate, I figured not.

I was merely looking for information since I could find NOTHING on it anywhere.

btw-Celeras, I have NIN @ 75, and mentioned I know nothing about blu, thanks for backing up what I thought was gonna happen though.
    Its decent for soloing, but tanking, no. Half the time you'll get the "no effect on <t>" message, and the other half where headbutt (or any offensive spells) do land, you won't nearly generate as much hate as the other subjobs.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Bananas

Its decent for soloing, but tanking, no. Half the time you'll get the "no effect on <t>" message, and the other half where headbutt (or any offensive spells) do land, you won't nearly generate as much hate as the other subjobs.

Thanks this is pretty much what I figured, but without any first hand knowledge of blu, I thought best to ask, and I don't go to KI or Alla really ever, just troll here.

Thank you.

The only good thing about subbing blu, is cocoon. That's all... And on ninja, that doesnt mean shit.

A paladin subbing blu and casting cocoon, would get a 50% defense bonus. Thats at least somewhat better than a nin.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    The only good thing about subbing blu, is cocoon. That's all... And on ninja, that doesnt mean shit.

A paladin subbing blu and casting cocoon, would get a 50% defense bonus. Thats at least somewhat better than a nin.
    Don't forget auto regen and curaga. So it's not completely useless, it's just not that great.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

As a short explanation about BLU.

The ACC of physical spells is dermited by your main weapon - so far so good. But the ADD effect is dermited by BLU Skill (and maybe other stats).

So as Sub BLU you will land Headbutt very well with some ACC. But the precious STUN effect will only kick in very rarely. (Unless you SA it as THF/BLU I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras

Leave.
    Way to be a total piece of shit.
    Word. It's no different than asking how NIN/DRK works. No need to act like a jackass.

My NIN friend only uses this for fun in phom. aq to hunt fomor codex's solo.

And the only spells I see him use are headbutt & mettalic body (pre-fight)

And again he does this to break the mundane farming ritual.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Daemon, ur avatar fucking rocks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

jesus christ, zam

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    As a short explanation about BLU.

The ACC of physical spells is dermited by your main weapon - so far so good. But the ADD effect is dermited by BLU Skill (and maybe other stats).

So as Sub BLU you will land Headbutt very well with some ACC. But the precious STUN effect will only kick in very rarely. (Unless you SA it as THF/BLU I think)
    Actually it seems to kick in when subbed almost always. It just doesn't last very long. But when you are stunning -ga's, who cares how long it lasts?

It's a better sub for DRG than for NIN tho.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

oh that poor soul

Cat

If you are going for a pure defence build while soloing or something, cocoon is 50% def i think? Compared to defender 25%.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    The fact that it's a Galka only makes it better. If only it were a DRG....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast