Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ladies and Gentlemen, Let's get ready to GOUGE!

Ok, consider this the sequel to "December is coming" (Original title)

Now, as we know the IGE Xmas sale didn't occur because SE swung the ban hammer around and hit almost every RMT, and a botter, thus ridding us of several billion gil, and making large amounts of gil harder to obtain, thus making item value drop.

Prices from what I seen are finally going back up. Scorpion Harness went from 1.2 climbing back to 1.35/1.4, Noble's tunic rose from 2.5M back to 3 Million, while I notice other items bounce up and down between sellers, clearly showing impatient undercutters. Now, last year around Febuary prices began reverting, my server is crawling with fish botters, and our gigas friends in Delkfutt had a recent population decrease from some local Dragoons and Red Mages. So people realize more gil's flooding our streets.

Now from what I mentioned above, Clothcraft and Bonecraft items were rising. With this said, let's say farmers gouged prices on materials from those 2. Prices will rise, and other crafters will see Mr. Bonecrafter's SH worth more (probably losing gil technically), and he'll begin rising his prices too. The chain continues.

So, think it's time to gouge?

huh

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dank
    huh

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Erza
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank
    huh
    let me spell it out for you with a simple sentence seeing how paragraphs are hard.

Fish botters, rising prices, is it time to gouge the market?

Blackice

So... you're asking if we should all band together and cause our own inflation? Yeah... that sounds like a great idea.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

1.2 climbing back to 1.35/1.4,
    This is a climb? Normal fluctuation.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

fish botters who were banned on asura are back in full force it seems.

i find it amazing that people are still buying so much gil.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice
    So... you're asking if we should all band together and cause our own inflation? Yeah... that sounds like a great idea.
    It'll happen sooner or later.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janice

Pretending to know economics because you play FFXI is so 2003.

It's fluctuation until the prices double, then it's inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice

Pretending to know economics because you play FFXI is so 2003.

It's fluctuation until the prices double, then it's inflation.
    QFT

hi fu

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sole Sushi is an interesting market and one of the many indicators of gil seller operations....

When they ban hammer all the fish botters there is a few day period when Black Sole prices quadruple....and real fishers can make some gil...

But then they are all back and Black Sole is 10k/stack which is almost equivalent to NPC price..

Im sure this happens on all servers, there is going to be fluctuations in prices, gilsellers or not...but SE seems to have finally controlled the outrageous inflation we had experienced for over a year..good job on their part and about time

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

On Cerberus, SH was a steady 1.1-1.2mil just a couple weeks back and now is hovering close to 1.7mil... and if you check the 'Server-wide prices' option on ffxiah.com, you can see that Cerberus has the highest priced SH out there, even though the server is in the bottom 3rd of overall economies.

A 50% increase might not represent inflation to some, but it's a larger fluctuation than normal.

Not to mention the overall economy is on a steady rise of late compared to other servers.

Definitely something "fishy" going on.

Anyway, @ the OP... whether or not there is a minor surge in server economies, I still don't think things have bottomed out. We might see another 10-15% increase across the board before things start to sink again... and when they do, it'll go below pre-Christmas 2006 values. Gouging might net you *some* gil... but not a ton.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

http://www.ffxiah.com/big_graph.php?serverid=25&span=2

I wonder what that spike was? Was it Santa!?

Things are still going dropping. Gouging seems like a pretty poor idea now, unless you're cornering a market.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Prices are going up a bit on Midgard, yeah. It's normal price fluctuation, and a small bit of inflation -- after all, people are still killing beastmen, killing nms, and doing quests and missions with gil rewards. Since RMT is effectively gone, we don't have any outlandish inflation like we did two Decembers ago, but the system is designed to support small inflation (via gil drops/rewards, selling to npcs), and small deflation (via buying from NPCs).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chesh
    Prices are going up a bit on Midgard, yeah. It's normal price fluctuation, and a small bit of inflation -- after all, people are still killing beastmen, killing nms, and doing quests and missions with gil rewards. Since RMT is effectively gone, we don't have any outlandish inflation like we did two Decembers ago, but the system is designed to support small inflation (via gil drops/rewards, selling to npcs), and small deflation (via buying from NPCs).
    Just wait a lil longer then. I wont be paying attention when it occurs, then BAM, 4 mill SHs again :D

Oh for the love of all that is holy, if I read "IGE Christmas Sale" one more time I am going to start slaughtering small woodland creatures.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Oh for the love of all that is holy, if I read "IGE Christmas Sale" one more time I am going to start slaughtering small woodland creatures.
    Let's brace ourselves for the IGE Spring Sale then!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

IGE President's Day Special

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD
    Quote Originally Posted by chesh
    Just wait a lil longer then. I wont be paying attention when it occurs, then BAM, 4 mill SHs again :D
    And shortly thereafter, I bet we can expect BAM! fledgeling rmt banks and rich hackers banned.

At the peak of inflation, I was having trouble making any significant money, because stuff I wanted to buy went up faster than stuff I was selling.
    At the peak of deflation, I was having trouble making any significant money, because the bottom dropped out of anything I tried to sell.
    Now, I'd say the economy is fairly healthy, and I don't want much change.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

IGE Going Out of Business Sale?