+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Charging case vs portable charger?

I know portable chargers are more versatile but the literal only thing i'd be using this for is my phone.

Just need my phone to last a full work day, should I be looking at charging cases or a separate brick for a portable charger?

Samsung galaxy a32 5g if it matters

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I use one of those 10,000mah batteries off Amazon that has a wireless charger built in, but can also do usb-c for other devices. My case has one of those magsafe magnets and it sticks right on and wirelessly charges.

The wireless charge overheats and is way less efficient, but of course it's super convenient being wireless. A full charge on the power bank can charge my phone completely with some left over wirelessly, along with tons of heat, or if I use the wire it can last 2+ charges. You never get 1:1 transfer between batteries, you waste so much to heat so don't expect to get 3+ charges if your battery was only 3000mah for instance.

https://a.co/d/4w16LDc

This is it. I like it a lot!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

ooh that's def worth looking at

Edit: not sure if this phone supports wireless charging though i just have the most basiic wireless charger but even my old phone works on it but the new one doesn't

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Well even if it didn't, the battery came with a universal one you could attach just so it sticks to your phone. Then you can use a shorter cable and charge it normally. It also has a kickstand for holding the phone when watching videos which is nice. Like I said, I recommend it even with the wireless charging issues which aren't even issues with the battery as those are universal wireless charging issues.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I use one of these, it's a small portable power bank in a pinch and functions as a replacement for a wall brick so I'm not carrying around something extra on top of what I would normally have (which is my priority)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's more money but I would have gotten that if I had seen it at the time instead lol. The smaller battery is probably easier on the pockets too, mine is noticably heavy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag