Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Lord     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dynamis Lord

I think you should add Dynamis Lord to BigKills and the 6 Dynamis Zones. Some LS are capable of killing it w/out outside assistance like you guys BG and IRON.

Maybe 15-20 pts for Dynamis Lord.

You can also do like 8-10 pts per Dynamis Zone and give us a Dynamis Award on Big kills.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

why /anon

I think it's a bad idea because some LSes just are already dedicated to a prior DynamisLS outside of their own HNMLS.. and sometimes its not wether or not they have the capability, but that alot of other factors come into play.

Also because certain servers HNMLSs are practically two times bigger (80 members) then other servers (IN has about 40-45 as do many of the LSes on Siren.) I dont think your LS should be judged on a kill on something that takes 50 people to kill, as some people dont have that in their LS to begin with, let alone all on at one time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

JoL might be that situation though =/ i hope not.

If we have 25 people for Dynamis, it's considered good turnout, since some members lead other Dynamis LSes...

We kill DSL weekly with PO, but we have no chance solo...just not a big enough roster.

I would side with Locke on this one.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Agreed with Ragnard to an extent. Having DL on the BigKills would naturally favor the larger HNMLSs able to field 35-50 of their own people for Dynamis- Xarcarbard runs.

But, on the flip side, isn't having Jailer of Love on the Big Kills list also favoring the larger shells? I know that's a longshot example, but the idea behind it rings true. What if it turns out that Love is unkillable without 35+, if the regen is unbeatable without an armada of damage dealers and whatnot? What if it means that 'smaller' LSs cannot beat him, or at least not easily? Will Love be removed from the listings if that proves true, would we want it to be removed if it is true?
    The comparisons one could make between Love and DL are numerous, DL requires mass amounts of DD (and that's all you really need aside from the RDMs), and Love probably requires just as many if not more of that DD equation. Though, I do not yet have firsthand experience with Love, so many of the comparisions I'm using are just random logic and stuff. ;x

Difference is, 64 ppl can engage Dynamis Lord

18 can engage JLo

The city dynamis can be beaten w/ 2x ppl. Dynamis Beadu. can be beaten w/ 2x ppl. Dynamis Lord can be beaten w/ 3x ppl, merits have made things much easier, he shouldn't live past 2 minutes with the right strats. BG beat it w/ 3x ppl it goes to show that he can be beaten w/ 3x ppl. Dynamis should really be added to big kills, because a lot of LS are capable of beating it.

If the argument is made that Dynamis shouldn't be added because it takes more then 18 ppl, then Big Kills need to be reevaluated. Any kills that take more then 18 ppl shouldn't be on big kills. So by what standards do we evaluate small and big LS'es?

If you guys are going by the suggestion that Dynamis takes more ppl and shouldn't be added, then wyvms should be removed as well. Vrtra takes at least 3x ppl to beat and to handle adds. Jorm 2x definitely to kill and handle adds. Jailer of Love uh... lol. Theres absolutely no way you can beat those mob strictly w/ 18, you will definitely need 18+.

Isn't big kills suppose to acknowledge what your LS is capable of killing? Isn't it suppose to show what NA LS serverwide can beat?

I think the main issue is you're delving into NON HNM activities, and more into just other events. Should Temenos be on it? I don't think so. In the same train of thought I believe Dynamis even though done by certain HNMLSes, is a completely different aspect of the game, and therefore is not something that would be classified as a "Big Kill" persay.

BG beat it w/ 3x ppl it goes to show that he can be beaten w/ 3x ppl.
    I believe it was 4x people, of which 8 were dual-boxed. I still don't know the strat they performed, Im sure there were some intricacies that were left out. I'd like to see a video, or learn how you did it with that many. Makes me think our LS could do it if we had an amazing attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Makes me think our LS could do it if we had an amazing attendance.
    Our LS is still too small to do it soro ;_ ;

Yea, DSL should be dead within about 2 minutes... But to kill that fast you need to have enough damage to keep up with that pace. Strategy is one thing. Raw damage is another.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i'm pretty sure Proto-Omega and Proto-Ultima will be added.

we've talked about DL, still undecided.

you can do Limbus without killing the bosses (just farming coins) and you can also do Dynamis without killing DL (just farming AF2 + currency).

so while the zones are not BK material, the bosses might or might not be.

we've talked about DL, still undecided.
    I'm already going insane trying to track KV down.. don't make me kill DL again.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

40+ is still alot though.. i guess it can be added but i know some linkshells (mine included), that can kill everything (except love maybe?), whos maximum peak is 3x members for any given event.

We killed DL with 55 easily with 1 death, makes me think we could do with less then 50. However, an ealier point was made. 64 people can engage on DL, while only 18 can on Love. With Dl, it'a all luck. If he splits himself into 3 and Blows up 3 times, all 64 dead. However, with 35-40 people im sure if he only does a few 2hr's then you could take him down

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    I believe it was 4x people, of which 8 were dual-boxed. I still don't know the strat they performed, Im sure there were some intricacies that were left out. I'd like to see a video, or learn how you did it with that many. Makes me think our LS could do it if we had an amazing attendance.
    same as a lot of other LSes, DPS rush

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It was

35 people, 7 2boxes, 1 LS

same as a lot of other LSes, DPS rush
    Nice ^^ ok makes me feel better then, that its at least possible with the right jobs and jobs geared out the ass.

35 people, 7 2boxes, 1 LS
    Now is that 42 characters, or 35 characters including the 2boxes? Just wondering. If its 42 my LS is probably out of luck then.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

We normally have around 50 ppl, hard to say how many of them actually are able to damage as much as possible due to lag. We have killed it with 47 ppl and with the right set up could do it with 40-45ish. The problem is the DL is no joke and even though we have killed it 10 times we still wipe and really at times it seems like there is no way to prevent possible wipes. If we gets the WS off too eary its game over.

We lost to DL last night after powning him the week before. It's all a luck factor, he spammed aoe and did sleepga>> Oblivion smash right away. We all had poison on, but that still wasn't enough time to recast shadows. I really belive that based on what the DL does, 1 LS can win with 35-40 people

Heres a compile list of all the single NA ls that has defeat him.

IRON
    Order of the Bue Gartr
    Ascendant Sky
    Outspoken

Lets continue adding more to that list.