+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird Al     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Weird Al

So every so often I go on a search for a certain Weird Al vid in hopes that somewhere someone has it. With his new CD out it reminded me to look again but still no luck so I figured I'd see if anyone here has it.

Wayyy wayyy wayyy back in the day the Disney channel used to show concerts for musicians playing in their home town called "(celeb's name: Going Home". At one point Weird Al got his own called "Weird Al: There's No Going Home". This TV special was how I first found out about Weird Al and loved him. I had a tape recording of the special, but had lent it to someone in college and never saw it again. Disney has never released any of the Going Home concerts (not even sure if they have them on file though I've noticed Weird Al has put clips from it into his concerts and specials).

Basically my only hope is ebay or bit torrent. Only issue is I never use torrent so I have bad luck looking for it. I have yet to see it on eay which is surprising considering you can get bootleg copies of the Night of the Day of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack on the Evil Mutant Hellbound Flesh-Eating Subhumaniod Living Dead, when there were only about 4 hard copies of that film in existance . Was hoping maybe someone who reads the forums is a Weird Al fan and has a copy they could upload. D:

Would be a great help, but no biggie if people don't have, been looking for a copy for about 6 years now so I don't expect to see it again. XD

(sorry for wall-o-text)

The Dazzler
    BG Level

I found this torrent with what you need but as you don't use it I'm not sure where else to get it. I can try downloading it and then somehow sending it but my upload is capped to 45k/s so a DVD would take forever and a half to send.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=download ... cfe00cadc3

is probably the same torrent linked to above ... its like almost 4 gigs in size, think imma try to dl it myself i can send it to yah if you like my upload is capped a bit higher than 45KB/s or i can convert if from DVD to something smaller, or if you send me some paypal fundage i could burn it and send you a DVD... gota move to the other PC to download the torrent though so kinda leaving myself a link here

Night of the Day of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack on the Evil Mutant Hellbound Flesh-Eating Subhumaniod Living Dead
    i couldnt find this on ebay ;; im disappointed

edit: If the speeds I'm getting on this torrent stay at what they're at right now I'll have this by tomorrow>.>; (or when i wake up)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I remember I went to a Weird Al concert when he came to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Ahh... memories....

Food Album = best. lawl

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tythera
    I found this torrent with what you need but as you don't use it I'm not sure where else to get it. I can try downloading it and then somehow sending it but my upload is capped to 45k/s so a DVD would take forever and a half to send.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killgannon
    http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=download ... cfe00cadc3

is probably the same torrent linked to above ... its like almost 4 gigs in size, think imma try to dl it myself i can send it to yah if you like my upload is capped a bit higher than 45KB/s or i can convert if from DVD to something smaller, or if you send me some paypal fundage i could burn it and send you a DVD... gota move to the other PC to download the torrent though so kinda leaving myself a link here

Quote:
    Night of the Day of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack on the Evil Mutant Hellbound Flesh-Eating Subhumaniod Living Dead

i couldnt find this on ebay ;; im disappointed

edit: If the speeds I'm getting on this torrent stay at what they're at right now I'll have this by tomorrow>.>; (or when i wake up)

Omg thank you so much guys!!! My bf is going to show me how to use torrent in the morning so I can d/l ty ty ty!

Oh and Kill, my friends got me Night of the etc. for my b-day off ebay, was a ripped copy put on DVD. For some reason "A minute with Dave" wasn't on this version, but everything else seems the same. I'll see if I can't burn it or something if you want it. :D

Old Merits
    BG Level

Theme from Rocky XIII
    ---------------------------------

Fat and weak, what a disgrace.
    Guess the champ got too lazy.
    Ain't gonna fly now, he's just takin' up space.
    Sold his gloves, threw his eggs down the drain.

But he’s no bum, he works down the street
    He bought the neighborhood deli.
    Back on his feet, now he's choppin' up meat.
    Come inside, maybe you'll hear him say,

Try the rye or the kaiser,
    They're our special tonight.
    If you want, you can have an appetizer
    You might like our salami and the liver’s alright
    And they'd really go well with the rye or the kaiser

Never eats while on the job,
    He heard it’s good to stay hungry
    But he makes a pretty mean shishkabob
    Have a taste, they were made fresh today

Try the rye or the kaiser
    Or the wheat or the white
    Maybe I can suggest an appetizer
    Stay away from the tuna, it smells funny tonight
    But you just can’t go wrong with the rye or the kaiser

So today, his deli comes first
    Still he dreams of his past days of glory
    Goes in the back and beats up on the liverwurst
    All the while you can still hear him say,

It’s the rye or the kaiser
    It’s the thrill of one bite
    Let me please be your catering advisor.
    If you want substitutions,
    I won't put up a fight.
    You can have your roast beef on the rye or the kaiser.

The rye or the kaiser….. (repeat)

blax n gunz
    BG Level

In other Weird Al related news, no less than John K (and company) himself has animated/directed the video for Weird Al's 'Close but No Cigar'

http://www.johnkstuff.blogspot.com/

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Also included on the DVD in my link is VH1to1 with wierd al, some song he did with Ben Folds on leno..., other stuff too... its pretty cool heh