Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just Meat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Just Meat

I'm kinda bored watching my simulation run right now. So I brought up a few 4/4 squares and no matter how I work gear I can't get sushi to work for 330-340 acc and 460+ attack.

Could sushi really ever be viable in an exp PT? It seems that it could if SE ever added some +15 to +20 attack rings or collars (well that worked for more than 1 day of the week).

But with current gear in game, could you make sushi really work in a TP burn environment?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Haste gear.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

what the fuck are you talking about dude

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Just Meat

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    I'm kinda bored watching my simulation run right now. So I brought up a few 4/4 squares and no matter how I work gear I can't get sushi to work for 330-340 acc and 460+ attack.

Could sushi really ever be viable in an exp PT? It seems that it could if SE ever added some +15 to +20 attack rings or collars (well that worked for more than 1 day of the week).

But with current gear in game, could you make sushi really work in a TP burn environment?
    Use Minuet?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well, consider the case of not having a bard, such as a limbus run etc...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It always can 'work', but in an ideal situation no, because it's a lot easier to get +acc in gear than +attack, and you also need less accuracy. I know I recently got a cock charm and Homam feet for my thf, decided to go out and use Red Curry and the improvement was simply amazing over sushi and more haste/+str gear, my daggers averaged 49dmg/hit and that's with using a base 21dmg offhand.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by zek
    what the fuck are you talking about dude
    Seconded. Explain wtf you mean.

4/4 squares - huh?
    simulation - err what?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm running simulations at work. 4/4 square is an equip unit.

1 2 3 4

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Well, consider the case of not having a bard, such as a limbus run etc...
    I have my own personal BRD, so I wouldn't know... ^^;

Sushi has its uses, Meat has its uses. Use them accordingly. Why does this question continually come up?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I read forums as much as the next guy, and monks are always saying use meat use meat use meat, etc. On the way towards 75 (71 atm), and every time I've tried to use meat I've been underwhelmed...accuracy loss is just too high for my tastes. I tried kabobs back around lvl 62-63 on Raptors in the range when they were VT, preferred sushi. I've tried a few other times in the mid 60's for 30 min intervals, and again last night at lvl 70-71 in Bibiki doing tier 2 mobs.

I'm still firmly in the sushi camp, at least for lvls 45-75 or so. My DoT just suffers too much when eating meat. I've tried to look at it from an overall damage standpoint, looking at the parses of avg melee hit, melee hits landed/missed, etc...sushi always comes out on top for me. I almost always party with a bard, stacking minuets, and either go /war or /nin depending. I actually prefer going /nin with a bard if I can, and to me sushi feels like it helps out better there - faster tp gain so I can spam raging fists and not care about hate. Although, if I don't have stacked minuets, /nin is gimptastic

When I tried meat again last night I used Coeurl subs with +35 acc from gear. TP gain is just flat out atrocious without Focus up, with it was decent I suppose. I still crawled back to my sushi crutch as soon as the 30 mins was up We tend to do TP burn type parties though, they are too fun in the COP zones with 5 min repop - and in that environment, sushi is king for me. I can WS once per mob, deal decent damage, and sub nin so the healer doesn't have to worry about me too much. I'll take my 8k/hr in Bibiki and being called a gimp for subbing nin and eating sushi.

I guess I'm just trying to take the advice that I read and apply it, and I find that for my monk's build meat isn't as nice as sushi. I look forward to hitting 75 and trying hedgehog down in KRT though.

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    I read forums as much as the next guy, and monks are always saying use meat use meat use meat, etc. On the way towards 75 (71 atm), and every time I've tried to use meat I've been underwhelmed...accuracy loss is just too high for my tastes. I tried kabobs back around lvl 62-63 on Raptors in the range when they were VT, preferred sushi. I've tried a few other times in the mid 60's for 30 min intervals, and again last night at lvl 70-71 in Bibiki doing tier 2 mobs.

I'm still firmly in the sushi camp, at least for lvls 45-75 or so. My DoT just suffers too much when eating meat. I've tried to look at it from an overall damage standpoint, looking at the parses of avg melee hit, melee hits landed/missed, etc...sushi always comes out on top for me. I almost always party with a bard, stacking minuets, and either go /war or /nin depending. I actually prefer going /nin with a bard if I can, and to me sushi feels like it helps out better there - faster tp gain so I can spam raging fists and not care about hate. Although, if I don't have stacked minuets, /nin is gimptastic

When I tried meat again last night I used Coeurl subs with +35 acc from gear. TP gain is just flat out atrocious without Focus up, with it was decent I suppose. I still crawled back to my sushi crutch as soon as the 30 mins was up

I guess I'm just trying to take the advice that I read and apply it, and I find that for my monk's build meat isn't as nice as sushi. I look forward to hitting 75 and trying hedgehog down in KRT though.
    Stop stacking minuets. Min/march is way more powerful starting the moment bard gets march.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

K, I'll ask the bard to try that this week

I take it with the extra haste, the added attack rounds should help narrow the gap in DoT between meat and sushi eh?

The added haste is a benefit for both meat and sushi. However, sushi gains less of a benefit than meat, because it loses a badly-needed minuet, whereas the lower minuet is just excess for meat-eaters.

The hardest part about eating meat pre-75, though, is convincing your support jobs to cater to you instead of to the other people eating sushi -- especially since the tank always gets veto power, and the tank is often ninja...

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The added haste is a benefit for both meat and sushi. However, sushi gains less of a benefit than meat, because it loses a badly-needed minuet, whereas the lower minuet is just excess for meat-eaters.
    badly needed my ass, how high do you think the atk cap really goes.

if you have minuet 4 and berserk on, the added atk from food is pretty much lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    badly needed my ass, how high do you think the atk cap really goes.

if you have minuet 4 and berserk on, the added atk from food is pretty much lost.
    Attack cap for typical XP fodder @75 is around 800. Monster def rating at 75+VT being around 400 ish. There's actually decent info at Studio Gobli about monster defense now. Most people are satisfied merely with breaking the 1.0 PDIF barrier that you see between 1-1.25 atk/def ratio and yes, sushi + berserk + min4 will get you there.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

march is only 6.5% even with +2 instrument. minuet is +60 attack

i think stack minuet is better.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    march is only 6.5% even with +2 instrument. minuet is +60 attack

i think stack minuet is better.
    lol

March is 11% ish, and the second minuet is actually like 55 attack or so.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

the second match is about 11%, 2x march is 20%