Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

help setting 360 controller please!

Hello!

So I bought a new laptop to play this game, and it is windows 10. I am having trouble configuring my wired 360 controller via the FFXI Config. On my old laptop all I needed to do was hit the alternative E set which activated the XInput.

However, when I do that on this new laptop, the XInput is greyed out (although the box is still ticked, for some reason). I am unable to map buttons, specifically macro tabs to the triggers, but everything else is kinda all wonky too.

Anyone have any advice, or anything? Maybe how I can get XInput properly activated?

Thank you very much in advance.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I've always had weird issues with ffxiconfig. I recommend cycling through the presets and seeing if any work for you.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ok so I managed to get Xinput active, and I can set configs. However, my settings do not work on the game itself, in fact not even any of the pre sets, or default work. I cannot move my character or anything. I do remember something like this happening for my old laptop years ago, but I don't remember how to resolve it; anyone know what's up? (For the record the controller is fine, and still works on my old laptop).

This has caused me incredible stress lately as I bought this laptop solely to play this game, and I cannot play this without a controller. So with that said, any help is very much appreciated.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There are two FFXI-related config programs that look very similar. One is for POL and one is for FFXI. Are you using the right one?

When you test your controller in the FFXiPadConfig.exe program, does it work? If it does (and you're logged out when you're adjusting it), then it should work in game.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    There are two FFXI-related config programs that look very similar. One is for POL and one is for FFXI. Are you using the right one?

When you test your controller in the FFXiPadConfig.exe program, does it work? If it does (and you're logged out when you're adjusting it), then it should work in game.
    Pretty sure I'm using the right one yeah, using the Padconfig under EU tools, and the controller works fully in the test gamepad tab. When I load up the game, the controller is completely unresponsive

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

* Open up regedit
    * Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> WOW3264Node -> PlayOnlineEU -> SquareEnix -> FinalFantasyXI
    * Use the Snipping Tool to take a picture of the padmode000 and padsin000 key/values
    * Close regedit
    * The EU Tools version of Open FFXiPadConfig.exe and change the key setup, options, etc.
    * Reopen regedit (it will automatically take you back to the old address)
    * Compare the new values to your snip.

It should have changed. If it didn't change, your FFXiPadConfig.exe isn't working right for some reason (perhaps try running as administrator). If it did change, then I'm out of ideas.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    * Open up regedit
    * Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> WOW3264Node -> PlayOnlineEU -> SquareEnix -> FinalFantasyXI
    * Use the Snipping Tool to take a picture of the padmode000 and padsin000 key/values
    * Close regedit
    * The EU Tools version of Open FFXiPadConfig.exe and change the key setup, options, etc.
    * Reopen regedit (it will automatically take you back to the old address)
    * Compare the new values to your snip.

It should have changed. If it didn't change, your FFXiPadConfig.exe isn't working right for some reason (perhaps try running as administrator). If it did change, then I'm out of ideas.

Ohhh, this helped! Thank you!