+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The wait is over.. Preorder Vanguard.

Got this in my email a few seconds ago...

Sony Online Entertainment and Sigil Games Online today announced the arrival of “Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” pre-order boxes in select retailers. The boxes should be available starting December 5th, depending on the retailer.

The culmination of years of work in “Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” would not have been possible without its strong community support. In the homestretch before launch, the pre-order program is a perfect way to gear up for the impending release, and gain access to a few goodies as well.

The pre-order box includes the following:

• Early access to the game! Log on and get a jump start up to three days prior to the official launch!
    • A special account key that will grant you a unique exclusive in-game scroll, allowing your character to sprint for longer periods of time due to an endurance buff (one per account).
    • An invitation to the Vanguard: Saga of Heroes beta (for eligible participants).
    • Guild Mail – a fun recruitment tool to help you build your guild before launch!
    • A king’s ransom of assets, including videos, wallpapers and screenshots

You can pick up your pre-order boxes at the following retailers – GameStop, Best Buy, Fry’s as well as a few other valued retailers.

“Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” immerses players in a rich, seamless fantasy world filled with mystery and intrigue. The only limits are your own in the world of Telon, where the adventurous can choose from multiple paths of exploration within the three spheres of advancement, Adventuring, Crafting, and Diplomacy. Players can delve into the mysteries of Telon, and embark upon quests to slay monstrous beasts locked deep inside rugged mountain ranges. Those with a quick mind can use diplomacy to convince kings to move armies and change the course of history. With player-crafted boats, flying mounts, and customizable player housing, “Vanguard” offers players a world of their own choosing.
    Fuck FFXI, Fuck WoW, Fuck your mom, and get this game.

If you haven't been paying attention the last 5 years... go to http://vanguardsoh.com and educate yourself.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Re: The wait is over.. Preorder Vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Got this in my email a few seconds ago...

Sony Online Entertainment and Sigil Games Online today announced the arrival of “Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” pre-order boxes in select retailers. The boxes should be available starting December 5th, depending on the retailer.

The culmination of years of work in “Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” would not have been possible without its strong community support. In the homestretch before launch, the pre-order program is a perfect way to gear up for the impending release, and gain access to a few goodies as well.

The pre-order box includes the following:

• Early access to the game! Log on and get a jump start up to three days prior to the official launch!
    • A special account key that will grant you a unique exclusive in-game scroll, allowing your character to sprint for longer periods of time due to an endurance buff (one per account).
    • An invitation to the Vanguard: Saga of Heroes beta (for eligible participants).
    • Guild Mail – a fun recruitment tool to help you build your guild before launch!
    • A king’s ransom of assets, including videos, wallpapers and screenshots

You can pick up your pre-order boxes at the following retailers – GameStop, Best Buy, Fry’s as well as a few other valued retailers.

“Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” immerses players in a rich, seamless fantasy world filled with mystery and intrigue. The only limits are your own in the world of Telon, where the adventurous can choose from multiple paths of exploration within the three spheres of advancement, Adventuring, Crafting, and Diplomacy. Players can delve into the mysteries of Telon, and embark upon quests to slay monstrous beasts locked deep inside rugged mountain ranges. Those with a quick mind can use diplomacy to convince kings to move armies and change the course of history. With player-crafted boats, flying mounts, and customizable player housing, “Vanguard” offers players a world of their own choosing.
    Fuck FFXI, Fuck WoW, Fuck your mom, and get this game.

If you haven't been paying attention the last 5 years... go to http://vanguardsoh.com and educate yourself.
    No thanks, never again...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: The wait is over.. Preorder Vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    1 MMORPG was enough for me. From your sig, you have played way too many already. x.x

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I don't know what to expect of this game yet really, I've heard mixed stuff about it. Leaning towards getting it, dunno when though. It looks nice, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high before I see what it's actually going to be like. But in their defense:

Sony Online Entertainment != Square-Enix

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/images/MountSigil.gif

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

No offical release date though.

pc only?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan

... did you play Everquest? Cause I played Everquest. With SE, at least they let you know the expansion is unfinished when it ships. The second, third and fourth expansions for EQ shipped unfinished and SoE tried to deny it. Maybe more, but I stopped playing before the next real expansion.

edit: Sigil might be better about this stuff, but I'll stick with Cryptic for now.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan

... did you play Everquest? Cause I played Everquest. With SE, at least they let you know the expansion is unfinished when it ships. The second, third and fourth expansions for EQ shipped unfinished and SoE tried to deny it. Maybe more, but I stopped playing before the next real expansion.

edit: Sigil might be better about this stuff, but I'll stick with Cryptic for now.
    Considering Everquest had an expansion released what felt like every month, it shouldn't of been shocking that they were half-finished.

Plus, I don't remember ever seeing the fine print on the back of a FFXI expansion saying all promised content would be added at a future date.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    ... did you play Everquest? Cause I played Everquest. .
    When I played EverQuest there were flying sharks embedded in the masts of ships and the most lethal foe my pet skeletons faced were elevators. Dark days indeed. I would love to give some deep insight on the game but I got to level 5 and hid in some necromancer city working as a tour guide for other players.

Any new MMO makes me kind of nervous since you stand a strong chance of finding weird bugs, I'd say give it a few months instead of pre-ordering so you have a good idea of what you're getting into first. Admittedly you lose the time you could have spent monopolizing something early on, but usually more chances for that show up as the game grows and the community in general has a better idea of what they're doing. This saves you a lot of EXP finding out first-hand things like "Hey, I just ran across the entire planet when the point I was supposed to go to was right down the street because the tutorial system is crappy." (hi2u galaxies)

Ill take heed of my FoH peers and not touch this with a 10 foot pole

haha SoE is on par if not worse than SE when it comes to MMOs. Bring back Verant oh wait.....

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

the overall design looks .. too western for me

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I absolutely loved EQ back when Kunark was a new expansion and shadows of luclin was "holy shit" for an MMO. However, EQ has aged horribly, SOE gives SE a running for shitty customer service and support. Is the DMA for Vanguard over? I remember people saying to stay away.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

im nowhere near finished with ffxi <_<

It is more fun to test it out when its new and see if you like it than wait till it has already been out a few years.

You only get the chance to experience the bleeding edge once.. sure it was fun killing Vrtra before any BG members considered the idea, but those days are long and forever gone in ffxi cause its all been done and done and done and done and done and done...

If I try out Vanguard and it sucks, thats cool.. but if I try it out and its the most amazing game in the world (too bad you started late though, and you missed out on all the fun) i'll be rather upset.

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    It is more fun to test it out when its new and see if you like it than wait till it has already been out a few years.

You only get the chance to experience the bleeding edge once.. sure it was fun killing Vrtra before any BG members considered the idea, but those days are long and forever gone in ffxi cause its all been done and done and done and done and done and done...

If I try out Vanguard and it sucks, thats cool.. but if I try it out and its the most amazing game in the world (too bad you started late though, and you missed out on all the fun) i'll be rather upset.

QTF

& Ya, I'll be there. (already a senior member on their forums..in hopes of me getting a beta invite. :D)

Looks good from what the site shows. Gives an Old DnD feel.
    Have to see what the beta's think of it though, when that time comes around.

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    It's on strict NDA until beta 4, which is probably soon. (it might be lifted on beta 5, I don't know)

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Looks too much like Lineage. x.x

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Looked on the FAQ its described as like a "new, challenging, everquest" (I think with the first 2 expansions, before SOE went overboard.).So im guessing if you liked the 1st everquest you would like vanguard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast