Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ToA Quests in the Cities     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

ToA Quests in the Cities

Anyone have any idea what these are for pre-Expansion release.

Assault

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Assault??? guess im in teh dark on this 1

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ahturh ... sault.html

Your goal in Assault is to fight through an enemy stronghold with a small, elite unit of mercenaries.
    All these NPCs talk about working for a mercenary agency in Al Zahbi called Salaheem's Sentinels. Most likely you get these 4 invication cards, are "invited" to join their group of mercenaries, and from there are given access to do Assault with other players who have also completed this pre-requisite.[/b]

It sounds like the WoW raids which are interesting and LONG. I remember my old roommate talking about them saying that they would do 1/2 of a raid one night for 4-5hrs then go back and try to finish it before their 7day time limit expired or something. FFXI needs something like that imo. Would be cool.

Banned.

BG Level

They aren't instanced(and it can't be instanced in FFXI). I wonder how that would work out, if they did it. The closest thing they could do is to have 'save points' that require you to kill the bosses up until then. Kind of like a floor of Limbus.

I wouldn't say a lot of about Assault. It is pretty vague. It could be a new BCNM type(which I'm not putting my hopes so high to be more than this) or a raid thing like WoW. Apparently they take place in normal areas, which people there must leave and it gets cut off, but once again, very vague.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

One of the screenshots from the Assault preview seems to indicate a glowy zone line, as if it were going to be instanced (or at least pseudo-instanced... if it's like Limbus with lots of options that's almost as good).

Anyways, if that isn't enough incentive to be excited about it, the woman you work for is a Mithra.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    One of the screenshots from the Assault preview seems to indicate a glowy zone line, as if it were going to be instanced (or at least pseudo-instanced... if it's like Limbus with lots of options that's almost as good).

Anyways, if that isn't enough incentive to be excited about it, the woman you work for is a Mithra.
    Yeh the zone line was blocked off by a Dynamis-esque structure, so it probably at least be pseudo-instanced, in that it is a zone cut off from the rest of the game for only those you choose to enter.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

They said something about "Removing people not participating in Assault from the zone". I'd take it as meaning it isn't instanced.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They also said the cities are under constant threat of Beastman hordes. I picture it something like this.

Some Joe Schmoe about to buy, say... SH.
    Another group of people has undertaken an Assault for that part of town.
    Joe bids 9mil for SH...
    Gets prompted with system msg where it states people will be removed from afore mentioned zone.
    Joe lost 9mil...
    Assault may begin.

Something along those lines. Not funny perhaps, but very ironic.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't put an AH or major event in areas subject to assault.

SE is dumb, but not that dumb.

Banned.

BG Level

Assualt and Beastmen Raids don't seem to be the same thing. You are on the offensive in Assault I think.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If that's the case than it sounds alot like capture the flag type of deal or retake a captured zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    It sounds like the WoW raids which are interesting and LONG. I remember my old roommate talking about them saying that they would do 1/2 of a raid one night for 4-5hrs then go back and try to finish it before their 7day time limit expired or something. FFXI needs something like that imo. Would be cool.
    For a seasoned Guild, it's probably BWL for them doing it over the course of two or three days.

MC can be cleared in like 4-5hrs for those who get accustomed to it, ZG 3hr or less (assuming you don't do Edge of Madness).

Time limits vary per the instance too, not all are on a 7day reset, some Onyxia is 5day, zg&AQ20 are 3-day, rest are 7day :3

Either way that is one aspect of WoW that I do like (even though I've never played). I do find most of FFXI's end game stuff rather short except for the CoP wyrms. Everything pretty much has an hour time limit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

They could probably create real instance in FFXI if they were willing to pay more programmers (or just make the current one work). It's most likely their crappy message system that make them unable to create instance (the same awesome system that make you miss chat log when you zone, or lose your ingredient if you craft on a boat) because every communication between server and players have to be associate to a zone.

It's not impossible they had to do it that way because of PS2's limitations, but I prefer to believe they are just lazy and don't want to upgrade/modify their engine.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I prefer to believe they are just lazy and don't want to upgrade/modify their engine.
    Seconded.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I prefer to believe they are just lazy and don't want to upgrade/modify their engine.
    Seconded.
    PS2 Limitations obviously.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    For a seasoned Guild, it's probably BWL for them doing it over the course of two or three days.

MC can be cleared in like 4-5hrs for those who get accustomed to it, ZG 3hr or less (assuming you don't do Edge of Madness).

Time limits vary per the instance too, not all are on a 7day reset, some Onyxia is 5day, zg&AQ20 are 3-day, rest are 7day :3
    Is it just me or everytime WoW is just a little mentioned you decide to elaborate and talk more about WoW?

It's not just you, I've just been up almost a full day now, and I'm hopped up on caffiene :D