View Poll Results: Who should play Ohio State in the National Championship Game?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Florida

46 49.46%
  • Michigan

40 43.01%
  • Other

7 7.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State vs. Who?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ohio State vs. Who?

Thought I'd throw a poll out there. If you really, really, think there should be a third option, please explain why.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I voted for Florida, but let me say that I think Michigan is the clear #2 om the country.

I say Florida because Michigan already got their shot...plus if Michigan would go to the national championship and win then it would be a tainted title since the series would be split 1-1.

AND as a Penn State and during the bowl season a Big-10 fan, I'd like to see Michigan go to the Rose Bowl and stomp USC, and OSU stomp anybody they play.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    I voted for Florida, but let me say that I think Michigan is the clear #2 om the country.

I say Florida because Michigan already got their shot...plus if Michigan would go to the national championship and win then it would be a tainted title since the series would be split 1-1.

AND as a Penn State and during the bowl season a Big-10 fan, I'd like to see Michigan go to the Rose Bowl and stomp USC, and OSU stomp anybody they play.
    It wouldn't be a tainted title if the championship game was between the #1 and #3 teams?

Xavier

I say Florida because Michigan already got their shot..
    As much as I'd love to see Ohio and Michigan again, I have to agree with you here.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp

It wouldn't be a tainted title if the championship game was between the #1 and #3 teams?
    Well if the voters and BCS decide that Florida is #2 then they are. I said in my opinion (and lots of others, though) that Mich is #2, but it really all depends on what the voters think.

If Florida jumps Michigan I don't think the title would be tainted WHEN (hehe) Ohio State wins because they had already beaten Michigan.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The whole thing just blows this year and people are going to be pissed either way it plays out.

I do feel though that any reasonable voter would put Michigan #2 if they were being honest. The only reason Florida will get #2 votes is because voters will try to fix it to get out of the rematch. I think people would have to be borked in the head to actually think Florida deserves to be on top of Michigan.

Xavier

I'd just rather see something new, I know its not fair.

BOISE STATE

Seriously I don't know. It would suck for Ohio State to have to face Michigan again because it's really hard to beat a good team twice. BUT, I feel that Michigan deserves a shot at Ohio State on neutral ground because they played them decently tough in their home ground.

When is the NCAA just going to institute a playoff already? It's seriously getting ridiculous.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I'd just rather see something new, I know its not fair.
    I agree...it may not be fair, but is it fair for OSU to have to play a team they already beat as well? Yeah it was at home and all...but they still gave up 3 turnovers to Michigans 0 and came away with the W.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I think it's amusing when people proclaim they want to see the two best teams in the national championship game...

...and then don't want an OSU v. UM national championship game.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

I think Michigan should be there, however...

Like people have said, people won't be satisfied with that. People will either complain that it didn't decide anything if Michigan wins, because the 'series' will be 1-1. On the other hand if Michigan loses people will say 'yeah that happened last time, why didn't OSU get to play a different team?'

And then people will still complain if Florida plays OSU, because they're #3.

It's all who you want to please, everyone can't be happy.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I don't exactly "get" football yet, since this is the first year I've ever actually watched it. Since I go to UF, of course I voted for the Gators...

From what my non-smart-about-sports-brain tells me people don't want the Gators because they're ranked #3, but they also don't want a Mich/OSU rematch...right? I wouldn't want to see a rematch either, and think the Gators atleast deserve a chance, but I don't think they can beat OSU.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I picked Florida because if mich plays, and loses again, then every one-loss team just got fucked. I still do not think mich is that great. Everyone's been like "it was a 3 point game @ OSU". Anyone who watched that game knows it was far from a "3-point game". Troy Smith practically threw the ball at will on this "great michigan defense" and if it wasn't for a few botched snaps, it would have probably been a 14 point game. Ohio state played a game where they made a few mistakes that they very very rarely make. Michigan played a -perfect- game. 0 turnovers, a 250 yard passing game, a 150 yard rusher. If you put up those kind of numbers and STILL lose, then i'm sorry, you just gonna hafta move over and let someone else try. Michigan played the best they'd played all season and still lost, i doubt they'll be able to replicate that.

Michigan.

Because it will create more controversy and let people have more ammunition to attack the BCS BS.

Florida having a convincing win over Ark will push them to 2 in the BCS Computer, easy enough. And if there was a rematch, there would be so much controversy that I don't know how much longer the BCS would last. I am a huge Florida fan, so I am somewhat biased, but it would be funny to see how much Urban Meyer flips out if Michigan gets the bid.
    By the way, going back to the toughest schedule debate from the other thread. There was a graphic last night that said Florida's opponents had a combined winning perc. of like .653 or something which was the highest in the country.. another reason they deserve it.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

voted florida

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I say Florida because Michigan already got their shot..
    As much as I'd love to see Ohio and Michigan again, I have to agree with you here.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Agreed, it would be unconscinable to put a team that did not even win their conference in the national title game over a team that did. Florida deserves the shot, period.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    I picked Florida because if mich plays, and loses again, then every one-loss team just got fucked. I still do not think mich is that great. Everyone's been like "it was a 3 point game @ OSU". Anyone who watched that game knows it was far from a "3-point game". Troy Smith practically threw the ball at will on this "great michigan defense" and if it wasn't for a few botched snaps, it would have probably been a 14 point game. Ohio state played a game where they made a few mistakes that they very very rarely make. Michigan played a -perfect- game. 0 turnovers, a 250 yard passing game, a 150 yard rusher. If you put up those kind of numbers and STILL lose, then i'm sorry, you just gonna hafta move over and let someone else try. Michigan played the best they'd played all season and still lost, i doubt they'll be able to replicate that.
    Whoa... what game were you watching? The very fact that Michigan kept giving up big plays to Ohio State pretty much means they weren't playing at the top of their game. Because when the best defense in the country is playing in top form, they don't allow big plays like a 65 TD run by Ohio State's running back (who's really not even that great), or constant 3rd down conversions by Ohio State. Sure Troy Smith is an insanely good quarterback, and he should get some of those conversions just because Ohio State is an awesome team, but they pretty much converted one every 3rd down; and this was because a lapse in the defense of Michigan.

If you still believe that Michigan was playing "at the top of their game", just compare the first half play vs the second half play. Now if we played the entire game like the second half, then I'd agree with you, but the first half's defense was pathetic.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Alexel
    like a 65 TD run by Ohio State's running back (who's really not even that great)
    Good enough to get a 65 TD run on Michigan LOL!!!!

I agree w/ what you said, I wouldn't say Michigan had a perfect game either, but to me, they still played OSU and lost. Its just anti-climatic to have the big game a rematch to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast