Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maat post 70     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Maat post 70

If you fight maat after level 70 will you be level capped to 70? or can I do it at 75? Also any tips on rdm maat fight? ;3

Black Belt
    BG Level

Re: Maat post 70

no level cap.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

http://www.stage6.com/user/ZeroCounter/video/2016113/[FF11]-Maat-RDM-lv-66

or just CS nuke and hope to win.

i actually wrote up some theory on 75 rdm chainspell nuking him out and how much it would take. i wrote this a while ago to bounce off my LS, i make no claim of the accuracy, intelligence, or otherwise regarding the information contained herein. if, however, it does work for you, let me know b/c i still haven't gotten around to burning that test yet.
    i've decided i want to beat maat on rdm for shits and giggles and see just how easily i can pull this off as it's supposed to be the "hardest" maat fight in the game. i'm looking for the opinion of those who have beaten him before to figure out if this plan is suicide or if i stand a chance. i'm basing my figures on a testimony i found on the wiki, so the information MAY be on target or it MAY be miles off.

their claim was that it took them 7 rounds of aero3 at 344 damage each to bring him down a total of 2408 HP before he surrendered. now, let's assume he had only a moldavite and an NQ staff with no day bonus to help him. let's also assume he had slightly more int than maat (b/c if his dint was negative, he'd never be able to hit these numbers w/o more MAB, day bonus 100%, HQ staff, or maat not having a rdm's natural MDB.)
    344=(265+Dint*1.5)*1.1*(129/112)
    leaving Dint as something in the ballpark of 4.
    based on a stat calculator, his natural int at 70, assuming he was a taru as well would be 5 below mine at 75 and this would increase to 6 when you count my one (sob) int merit. tack on things like prism cape, errant slops, yigit hands/shoes, etc, and we're talking at least 16 more int than he had if i had to guess a number. probably more.

i will assume resists to not be an issue, since the 70 rdm did not claim to resist any of 7 nukes and i have 5 more levels of elemental plus full ele merits.

base rdm MAB is 24. additional items are uggalieph (let's count it as 4 since it will proc on about half the spells if i drain my tank of MP.), moldavite, novio, yigit body, yigit hands (-50 HP scares me, so i'll settle for the 5 int on the hands instead over the zenith hands.) and yigit feet. this gives us a total of 24+4+5+7+5+2=47. potentially 49 if i opt for the yigit turban over the AF hat, though i'm leaning towards the AF hat just for the extra insurance on ele mag.

I intend to wait for thundersday and wear my thunder obi to get the .1 day bonus 100% of the time.

assuming i don't hit the inflection point where int starts to become less effective, my damage per nuke would be
    (345+20*1.5)*1.15*1.1*(147/112)=623 damage per nuke.
    assuming maat has only ~2400 HP before he falls, that's 4 nukes.

4*128=512 MP total required. my base at 75 w/o sub should be in the ballpark of a bit over 600, plus the refresh tick i would have (though the window to recover would be VERY tiny.)

bottom line for you rdm geeks out there who actually survived this hellish fight, am i in for death on a grand scale or do i actually have a chance at this? maat's always fascinated me since i had to take him on as blm and won only b/c he screwed up and tried to AM me instead of ga3ing me as he could have easily. i want to see what i can do in the other fights too.

What about a KCLub zerging rdm would that be better?

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If Maat is close enough to touch you on RDM it is basically over. At any level he will back to back Afist by 50% ish.

I went back at 75 and redid (mind you this was still a couple years ago gear/merit wise). He still resisted one of my sleeps, I ate one fists and won with like 500hp.

I did manage to club him to death on WHM at 75, but he doesn't Afist on the WHM fight so that's a bit easier.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Aerides
    If Maat is close enough to touch you on RDM it is basically over. At any level he will back to back Afist by 50% ish.

I went back at 75 and redid (mind you this was still a couple years ago gear/merit wise). He still resisted one of my sleeps, I ate one fists and won with like 500hp.

I did manage to club him to death on WHM at 75, but he doesn't Afist on the WHM fight so that's a bit easier.
    really? cause the video I posted clearly shows a Lv66 RDM Melee him just fine. Sure, something Maat sucks and TP hax but it's doable obviously.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I did this last month because I got the test randomly.

Any decently geared/merited RDM can sleep Maat with NO problem.

My fight went as follows:

Sleep
    Bliz 3
    Sleep 2
    Thunder 3
    Sleep
    Bliz 3
    Sleep 2
    Thunder 3
    Sleep
    Bliz 3
    Dead Maat

Not sure how many rounds it was, but I never needed to convert, and I'm Elvaan. Just make sure you keep an eye on your recast timers to make sure a sleep will be up when you wake him. Maat never even took one step.

i thought he pre-buffed before you engaged. if so, wouldn't that make blink a very dangerous threat? if not, that's even easier than i'd thought.

I guess I got lucky or something when I did my fight for shits (at 67 RDM after clearing on WHM) but I found it pretty easy. Blink ate sleep1, landed sleep2, spammed dispels, buffed up a bit after resleeping then just went to town with water3 (staff was nq) and won. I don't remember him doing a ws at all. If you do it at 75 when you have little to no chance of resisting due to gear/merits/extra levels, as well as stronger nukes, I don't see how you could possibly lose unless you fell asleep

If you want to be safe with blink just cast stone1 a couple times to knock off at least one shadow.

I've done this a few times at 75 for the heck of it(mainly just to psyche lvl 70 rdms out with crazy clear times) . Waiting on full morrigan to try again.

Just run up to the circle, chainspell, stoneskin, blink, and toss a few thunderIIIs and you win. I'm taru, and have good nuking gear, so you might need to reblink/stoneskin and convert to pull it off. I would always do it on Thundersday with an obi. I also suggest this strategy for level 70 maat fights, but with a little more caution(sleep before converting and probably shell yourself), as it will take more spells/mp to kill him. Running directly up to him and chainspell buffing is the best way to fight him(imo) as he'll probably get only 1 or 2 buffs off himself. It's still a matter of luck, and you could go 0/8 even at 75 if he gets good buffs up(shell, bar-x,blink) and runs up and Asurans you every time.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Friend went 1/13?, another went 1/6? I'll.. do it eventually.

If anything, I'd practice sleep nukes on another mob before trying Maat. Ruby Quadav is a good test since it ... drops a test. But it's way the fk out in Qulun Dome.