+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So...

My parents are taking me to NYC from July 2-5 and we have no clue about what we should do. We've searched Google, and all the sites that come up aren't really what we're looking for, so I ask you, BG: HALP!

I know a few of you are NYC'ers, so what is good around town? We're staying at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan if that helps at all. Notable places to eat, go and see shit, watch movies (crazy theaters), whatever! For instance, I personally want to go to Radio City Music Hall and just walk into the main auditorium (even if there isn't a show). Sounds boring, but I just want to be inside that building once... something I've always wanted to do.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

sup, 21 or older?

What kind of foods do you like the most? I know of some great restaurants in NYC for ramen, sushi and dim sum.

Broadway shows can fun. My favorite serious show is Phantom of Opera and favorite comedy is Avenue Q. Depending on what mood you're in I'd highly recommend either one.

There's certainly plenty of shopping to do in Times Square... um, ride the Staten Island ferry, visit Governer's Island... Midtown Comics is cool if you're into that, there's a Nintendo building somewhere... oh and Central Park deserves a walkthrough as well.

For artsy junk there's plenty to do... the Guggenheim is fun to explore depending on the exhibit.

That's it off the top of my head right now

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Hit up a yankee game. I havent been to Shea in a long while, the last time i've been there was when they had those ghetto lights shaped like a guy swinging a bat on the side.

FAO Schwarz is like the best toy store i've ever been to. Broadway is cool too.

Go to Gound 0

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    sup, 21 or older?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    What kind of foods do you like the most? I know of some great restaurants in NYC for ramen, sushi and dim sum.
    Foods, mostly Italian (which fits), but any pretty much. Nothing too exotic. Haven't really got much into oriental food past Wanton Soup (which is fucking good).

Broadway shows can fun. My favorite serious show is Phantom of Opera and favorite comedy is Avenue Q. Depending on what mood you're in I'd highly recommend either one.
    Awesome, I'll keep those in mind.

There's certainly plenty of shopping to do in Times Square... um, ride the Staten Island ferry, visit Governer's Island... Midtown Comics is cool if you're into that, there's a Nintendo building somewhere... oh and Central Park deserves a walkthrough as well.

For artsy junk there's plenty to do... the Guggenheim is fun to explore depending on the exhibit.
    Ah, perfect! That's exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. Central Park/Times Square/Macys/FAO Schwarz is a no-brainer, but the others are good, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Hit up a yankee game. I havent been to Shea in a long while, the last time i've been there was when they had those ghetto lights shaped like a guy swinging a bat on the side.
    None of us are into baseball... I'd much rather catch a Rangers game but it's the playoffs and tickets are probably sold out.

Lol, as much as I'd like to, 21 is age in US right? Either way, I'm with my family, so even if my mom were to go off and pamper herself for a day, it'd be fucking awkward with my dad.

Good stuff so far! Keep it coming! We have 4 four days of stuff to fill!

Banned.

BG Level

Eat a nice restaurant.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Eat a nice restaurant.
    We come from different worlds my friend... different worlds.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

[quote=Epical]
    sup, 21 or older?

Foods, mostly Italian (which fits), but any pretty much. Nothing too exotic. Haven't really got much into oriental food past Wanton Soup (which is fucking good).

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy":fda54]Broadway shows can fun. My favorite serious show is Phantom of Opera and favorite comedy is Avenue Q. Depending on what mood you're in I'd highly recommend either one.[/quote]
    Awesome, I'll keep those in mind.

[quote=Elmer the Pointy]There's certainly plenty of shopping to do in Times Square... um, ride the Staten Island ferry, visit Governer's Island... Midtown Comics is cool if you're into that, there's a Nintendo building somewhere... oh and Central Park deserves a walkthrough as well.

For artsy junk there's plenty to do... the Guggenheim is fun to explore depending on the exhibit. [/quote]
    Ah, perfect! That's exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. Central Park/Times Square/Macys/FAO Schwarz is a no-brainer, but the others are good, thanks.

[quote=Deejay]Hit up a yankee game. I havent been to Shea in a long while, the last time i've been there was when they had those ghetto lights shaped like a guy swinging a bat on the side. [/quote]
    None of us are into baseball... I'd much rather catch a Rangers game but it's the playoffs and tickets are probably sold out.

[quote=Zigma][url="http://www.scoresnewyork.com/
    http://www.scoresnewyork.com/[/url] 8)
    Lol, as much as I'd like to, 21 is age in US right? Either way, I'm with my family, so even if my mom were to go off and pamper herself for a day, it'd be fucking awkward with my dad.

Good stuff so far! Keep it coming! We have 4 four days of stuff to fill![/quote:fda54]

damn, well, theres a few stuff I know you can do. Um, Go steal some M&Ms at the M&M store, they have this huge machine...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4436/img00244uw0.jpg

I took that pic

If you like quality, authentic Italian, there's a nice place on like 6th Ave. and 19th street. I forget the exact location and name since I can always get to places but can't reproduce directions for some reason. I can get it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    "Hey, mom and dad, you guys deserve a nice romantic evening together at a fine New York restaurant! I'll go to the movies and see Air Bud 3."

/em Epical and Elmer go get food & drinks

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

please... go see Spamalot... for the good of all mankind go see it.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you like quality, authentic Italian, there's a nice place on like 6th Ave. and 19th street. I forget the exact location and name since I can always get to places but can't reproduce directions for some reason. I can get it though.

"Hey, mom and dad, you guys deserve a nice romantic evening together at a fine New York restaurant! I'll go to the movies and see Air Bud 3."

/em Epical and Elmer go get food & drinks
    Hah, I'd be up for that.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Eat a nice restaurant.
    We come from different worlds my friend... different worlds.
    You seem to misunderstand me.

Kill the staff and cooks of this restaurant and eat their corpses.

The Finals will be over by July anyway so even if you wanted to you couldn't see a hockey game.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios

The Finals will be over by July anyway so even if you wanted to you couldn't see a hockey game.
    Touche. =(

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've always wanted to go to a Conan O'Brien show, it would be awesome.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Avé
    Hah, that was the first thing I thought of. Their ticket line is only selling tickets for the end of May at the moment. =(

Relic Shield
    BG Level

just try to use one day to spend on the one day tour trip (i forgot what it called..), at least my parents were satisfied with those trip....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Avé
    Hah, that was the first thing I thought of. Their ticket line is only selling tickets for the end of May at the moment. =(
    What about the Daily Show or Colbert Report?