+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Fishing mini game question...about rank ups

Okay here's what I did. Got the normal rod, started fishing, perfected downstream a bunch, got mid stream, perfected that a bunch, got upstream, perfected that a bunch.

Went to do the bottle quests, got the 5 letters, got the CS from gilgamesh and got the matamune.

Gave matamune to ruksel

Fished and got alot more perfects in upstream (havent touched downstream and mid stream since I got the matamune)

I'm not getting the next area, am I doing something wrong?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

you gotta catch something to unlock the next, its like a 10% chance on the special item at the end that you fish up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

christ, 10% and ive perfected it like 40 times now -,-

jesus, how do you get this mini game?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

ok you gotta go to estersand and theres a guy named ruksel sitting on a dock, talk to him a sec he says he's a fisher but no rod.

Then you go to uhh balfonheim port (Outside the terminal...like outside in that zone, not right outside), and overlooking the water (about middle of the zone) theres a guy fishing, you talk to him for a CS he says he's all super hungry etc.

Run around the corner (dont zone out, just run towards the terminal)
    then go back where the guy was and pick up his rod, bring it back to ruksel and you can start.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And uh... what's the point of this fishing game? =x

Quote Originally Posted by Machazareel
    Once you beat it, you can get the lu shang fishing rod.

Trade that and the reward you get for beating Yiazmat and Omega (god slayers badge and omega badge), and you get the ultimate sword in the game: Wyrmhero Blade.

Wyrmhero blade has 130 attack and 50 evasion, so its a sword/shield combo, as well as fast attack and combo rate.

Unfortunately, since you have to had beatin everything to get it.. the sword is pretty pointless, as there is nothing left to fight.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How ghey

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra

Trade that and the reward you get for beating Yiazmat and Omega (god slayers badge and omega badge), and you get the ultimate sword in the game: Wyrmhero Blade.

Wyrmhero blade has 130 attack and 50 evasion, so its a sword/shield combo, as well as fast attack and combo rate.

Unfortunately, since you have to had beatin everything to get it.. the sword is pretty pointless, as there is nothing left to fight.
    you're kidding right? it's anything BUT that

it's a 2H sword, REALLY slow attack rate, never equipped it long enough to see combo rate, but it wasn't proccing when i was using it. Tournesol is the best weapon in the game

on topic

last area you can fish up Adamantite and Scarletite pretty easily with perfects, so it's good to use this for tournesol item farming

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer

you're kidding right? it's anything BUT that

it's a 2H sword, REALLY slow attack rate, never equipped it long enough to see combo rate, but it wasn't proccing when i was using it. Tournesol is the best weapon in the game

on topic

last area you can fish up Adamantite and Scarletite pretty easily with perfects, so it's good to use this for tournesol item farming
    Meh, Vaan is always zerked with me so any weopan seems fast lol.

even with haste+berserk it's the slowest weapon in the game

Every weapon is basically hundred fists with haste + berzerk.

except that sword

except that sword
    Player Hater!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

It's lu shang's badge btw, not another rod. And some would say that masamune is better than tournesol once they can both reliably hit for 9999. Of course, that only really happens with berserk anyway, so I prefer tournesol most of the time.

Oh, and I thought the adamantites were from the third area, and scarletite from the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    It's lu shang's badge btw, not another rod. And some would say that masamune is better than tournesol once they can both reliably hit for 9999. Of course, that only really happens with berserk anyway, so I prefer tournesol most of the time.

Oh, and I thought the adamantites were from the third area, and scarletite from the fourth.
    well you get adamantite as an uncommon reward for doing perfects in fourth area, and scarletite as uncommon reward from fifth. adamantite is common reward in fifth area