BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, I put a Carrie on Vrtra

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/142/img00770vv.jpg
    http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2993/img00785ss.jpg
    http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2332/img00792va.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7828/carrie1pi.jpg

How the hell can a Lv72 cap jug (That's what carrie caps at) hit vrtra, blinded without missing (only 1 time) and also score a critical hit for 100....

I think maybe they gimped vrtra a bit. Carrie never did this much to Tiamat.

I find it weird.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I say you get your Bst and Smn buddies and head for KRT!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    I say you get your Bst and Smn buddies and head for KRT!
    Not enough people are dedicated enough to put down their time/exp.

You would be to be extremly organized and carrie can only take 5 shots, 6 max. That's not including AoE's Breath attacks etc. Summoners would be the key at winning something like this because the time to call a summon is less then 5sec where as a jug pet is 5min~.

I'm just shocked 1 carrie could do so much dmg to it.

Carrie is capped at 70 or 75 but not 72.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Nerf BSTs.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They already did. Pets in certain areas have been moved or increased in level and can't be used as pets, but I hope you were sarcastic about that Quicklet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mademine
    Carrie is capped at 70 or 75 but not 72.
    Its 75!

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Actually I do think they need to change jug pet damage to scale down a lot more on high level stuff. When a 1k jug pet can outdamage practically any melee without requiring any kind of skill or special gear, that seems overpowering.

Cheap / low level jug pets should be limited to low levels, and more high level pets should be added with rarer components, a la AmigoSabotender. SE should just add a whole bunch of them, even make components drop off existing HNMs that can be synthed into more LV75 jugs that would still have worthwhile damage on high level HNMs.

Common/cheap pets should be useable for things up to like LV80, but past that there should be at least some effort involved in doing high damage, something that requires AmigoSabotender or other rare jug pets and possibly new gear that would enhance jug pet stats.

lol it's a freaking BST. Duh, of course the pets should do high damage. When you're Lv. 75 and you charm a Lv. 75 mob, that's an Even Match. Now remember how hard Even Match mobs hit you. Now consider how hard you hit Even Match mobs. So from that you can deduce they are much stronger than you. Hence they should hit other mobs much harder than you hit other mobs. That's the whole point of being a BST.

I don't think he's talking about charmed mobs, but jug pets.

Charmed mobs have a downside. They may become uncharmed, and turn against the BST. There's always a risk of using EM mobs, and so EM mobs successfully charmed can and should be pretty powerful.

Jug pets, however, can be bought at your local AH and present no down side, aside from the recast timer. There is no risk using it, and to get a pet with the power of an EM mob with no risk to yourself is what's being discussed here, I think.

Black Belt
    BG Level

jug pets have a downside too (the Call Beast timer) but the tiers of the jug pets are out of wack.

Carrie is one of the most useful ones even at 75 because it's level cap is high. for a Lv 23 jug that doesn't make sense. the jug level and the cap level should be more closely linked.

and it's not really a cry to nerf jugs, it should be recalibrated so that the higher level jugs have the highest level caps and BST should be given a lot more jug options at 70+. should also give high level cooks a better revenue stream.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If I'm not mistaken awhile back they increased the Call Beast timer and Reward timer. Also the Reward effect was reduced slightly. Carrie may be one of the strongest jugs out there, but against certain mobs it's powder puff. BST had their share of nerfs in the past, (although this may not be nerf rather a fix to glitch, but awhile back an Epsilon biscuit could cure your pet to full HP), so saying a BST needs a nerf is, for a lack of a better word, stupid.

I don't understand the point you're bringing up. You want them to implement stronger/higher level jugs and at the same time nerf the current jug pets? What's the point of that?

You want them to implement stronger/higher level jugs and at the same time nerf the current jug pets?
    Hirro.

Nerf: Low level jug pets with extremely high level caps (i.e. Carrie)

Add: Higher level, more rare jug pets with high level caps

Make sense now?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Carrie, although a low level jug is uncapped and increases in level with you.

Makes sense now?

Yet is Lv23 equip, and can do that much damage to Vrtra.

kthx<3

18 BSTs, using Carries, eh, maybe 17 BSTs and a BRD, using Carries + Elegy could *possibly* take Vrtra with pop help. And Carrie costs nearly nothing.

That's just f'ing ridiculous. That's like XPing with a Lv60 DRK that uses full AF equip and DEX rings, but magically does a 1000dmg WS.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Carrie, although a low level jug is uncapped and increases in level with you.

Makes sense now?
    no, it doesn't.

low level jugs use cheap ingredients.

higher level jugs use more expensive ingredients.

it shouldn't increase levels endlessly for the same cost, that's broken.

and it doesn't have to be extremely expensive like Amigo, just not extremely cheap like Carrie. they can even make jugs of mobs that normally can't be charmed, that would be cool but the cost should reflect it. they can make a Lv 75 mini-wyrm jug using Nidhogg's Scales if they want.

Xavier

Imagine a melee using lv 23 weapons/armor at 75 that cost him 5k and outdmging a fully equipped abj/god melee.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lv.23 jug

Increases in level along with you.

Strength equals that of Beastmaster's current level.

The HQ rate on Carrie is not that great. ^^b

Easily raped by anything above Lv.70 or less.

Cheap? I don't see Beastmasters using Carries only to EXP their way to 75. Do you?

Black Belt
    BG Level

you can't XP effectively with jugs because of the Call Beast timer, it has nothing to do with the price.

give me a good reason why Saber Siravarde has a 28 Craft Level, 51 Equip Level, 63 Cap.

Courier Carrie is 45/23/75
    Panzer Galahad is 12/63/75

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll give you a 1000 reasons... er needles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast