Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

do GM's only get kickbacks from IGE for compensation?

Tonight i spent 15 minutes talking to a GM about a local Gil Seller (oh wait they support this site) /em gets banned yet again for bad mouthing their employer.

subject of tonights GM report:

Holding NM vs. Monopolizing

Did you know that if you are holding an NM that a GM cannot punnish you unless you refuse to kill an NM after getting warned?

what kind of shit is that,

GM[blahblah] excuse me character x i'm warning you, kill that nm or be punished.

character x proceeds to kill nm after i have stalled for 10 minutes until backup can arrive

[GM] Blahblah thank you for killing nm, have a nice day
    [GM] Blahblah is there anything else i can help you with today?

Moral of the story:

[GM] Blahblah is recieving monthly "keep quiet" checks from IGE
    so no matter what you say or do, he will not punish RMT personel
    furthermore, the only time that RMT appear to get punished is when they also act against 1999 other people that have use 3rd party software.

Useless GMs are common knowledge

Double-posted reply ftl

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE TWO TOPICS??? THAT IS THE REAL QUESTION HERE.

You need to take off the tinfoil hat if you seriously think that the GMs are being paid to ignore RMT.

The GMs are useless because their hands are tied by the company policy, and because they are outsourced employees trying to keep a large playerbase for S-E, sadly their management are shortsighted enough to think that a short term more players is worth more than a long term more legit players.

The people that ban RMT (and foolish 3rd party program users) are not outsourced GMs. They are S-Es internal team, and it is to them that you need to address investigation material.

In-game GMs are there to keep the game running smoothly in the short term. They aren't there to ban RMTs, frustrating as that is. They almost certain do not have the authority on their own to initiate a ban (although they can certainly fast track a matter deserving of one to someone who can).

Sadly, holding NMs happens, and it isn't just RMT that do it. How many people have held King Vinegaroon or Kreutzet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    They almost certain do not have the authority on their own to initiate a ban (although they can certainly fast track a matter deserving of one to someone who can).
    this is exactly my point, they "Can" but dont fast track anything that is anti gil seller.

I'm sure you all have heard that IGE is involved in some way with the operation of Allakhazam.com: Final Fantasy XI
    on Play online's website they directly encouraged characters to visit allakhasam where they would be exposed to RMT advertisements

and if SE was not involved in behind the scenes encouraging of RMT, dont you think that a) they would visit said RMT websites, and purchase a small amount of in game funds, and then ban whoever it is that trades to them?

if a player violates TOS they are punished anytime they get around to it, not "as it happens" when a gil seller is mentioned, they dont act on anything.

Sadly, holding NMs happens, and it isn't just RMT that do it. How many people have held King Vinegaroon or Kreutzet?
    Bad examples. Holding is mandatory for those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananas
    WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE TWO TOPICS??? THAT IS THE REAL QUESTION HERE.
    See other thread.

The real question is why is a topic on ZAM cross posted to Blue Gartr forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Bad examples. Holding is mandatory for those 2.
    And people have been jailed for it.

Maybe we have ZAM members
    (ibtl)

Quote Originally Posted by Thevaultdweller
    There was a thread here involving a raid on allkaahzaza involving random funny shit. However it ended in a frightening staredown with the moderators of zam posting a link to blugarter forum <.<

It was laughed off by the bg raiders.

We now reap the whirlwind.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevaultdweller
    There was a thread here involving a raid on allkaahzaza involving random funny shit. However it ended in a frightening staredown with the moderators of zam posting a link to blugarter forum <.<

It was laughed off by the bg raiders.

We now reap the whirlwind.
    God help us all.... (That raid was freaking hilarious too)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

THANK GOD FOR NO GUEST ACCOUNTS, TAKE THAT YOU ASSFUCKING RMT ALLA BITCHS.

oh god, what's next then, legions of brilliant new ways to save sky by making the triggers Ex, written by people who haven't even cleared ZM4?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: do GM's only get kickbacks from IGE for compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleingarn
    Tonight i spent 15 minutes talking to a GM about a local Gil Seller (oh wait they support this site) /em gets banned yet again for bad mouthing their employer.
    They do, do they...

(unless that's a ZAM carryover)