FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lost Ark - February 11, 2022

One thing that you can say about a lot of Korean MMOs is that they are a visual feast for the eyes, and new title Lost Ark promises to rival them all. This upcoming game by developer Smilegate is using the Unreal Engine 3 and a top-down isometric view to create a hack-and-slasher.

Steparu.com has a nice preview of Lost Ark, saying that it is a potential rival to Lineage Eternal. It has mounted combat and 18 playable characters, some of which are gender-locked. Lost Ark is planning on a 2015 beta, and sign-ups are on the Korean site.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11...nreal-engine-3
    http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1...-debut-trailer
    http://lostark.co.kr/Home/Web

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Love the D3 feel, sfx and gore are spot on for this type of game. Sadly, like most Korean games, I'll just put it on the back burner for a couple of years to see if it ever sees the light of day here.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Love the D3 feel, sfx and gore are spot on for this type of game. Sadly, like most Korean games, I'll just put it on the back burner for a couple of years to see if it ever sees the light of day here.
    this

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Forgive me for my naivety, but couldn't they just translate the game into English and put it up for digital download on a English version website?

That assumes English players are any kind of priority. Past experience tells me: Nope.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

It might be worth trying to sign up for the beta anyway. It didn't ask for my KSSN when I signed up for it a few days ago. It asks for a cell phone number, but they didn't send me a message, and it says they will contact people via e-mail. Just pick 010 from the first box, then put any four numbers into each of the next two boxes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Lost Ark Dev team wanted to show off some other features the game has at G-star, as it's just not a dungeon grinder. In this video they show off some new classes, open world content, ship warfare, life skills, combo system, mini games and more.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I can't wait. I'm gonna be like 50 by the time it comes out, but I can't wait.

Looks amazing

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

How many different companies are churning out Korean MMOs? Jesus. Every other week there's another one being announced!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    How many different companies are churning out Korean MMOs? Jesus. Every other week there's another one being announced!
    LOL

It's because G-Star is going on right now and it ends on Sunday. G-Star is Korea's biggest video game conference, so every Korean studio wants to show off their new games. There are literally 100's of new MMO's and 1000's of new games that are being shown at the moment. I'm just personally posting the mmo's that have a good chance of making it here in the west, and I am sure 6souls and others are doing the same.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I gotcha! Thanks for the explanation. Christ, you'd think Korea's the size of the African continent with all of these games they can roll out of the factory. I'm starting to just imagine South Korea as a giant single city with nothing but buildings dedicated to MMO development.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Here's a Focus Test Group video that was just release, as a preview for G-Star 2015.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Lost Ark is finally going into Korean Closed Beta starting on Aug. 24th. You can sign up tomorrow but of course you need a Korean SSN..

Here are some of the new classes being shown.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh, ew.....the classes may split off from each other, so you don't pick one and go. I wonder if this likely means skill trees shenanigans, al a Tree of Savior. Needs moar infos....

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Oh, ew.....the classes may split off from each other, so you don't pick one and go. I wonder if this likely means skill trees shenanigans, al a Tree of Savior. Needs moar infos....
    Yea according to the website it sounds like skill tree shenanigans..lol

You pick the 4 basic classes (which are gender locked), then later on you pick a more advance class.

Warrior class -> Warlord and Berserker (male gender locked)

Fighter class -> Infighter and Battlemaster (Female gender locked)

Gunner class -> Devil Hunter and Blaster (Male gender locked)

Magician class -> Bard and Summoner (Female gender locked)

As for the skills themselves it sounds like you can upgrade your skills at skill level 4, 7, and 10. Sorta like the Skill Rune system in Diablo 3.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    It might be worth trying to sign up for the beta anyway. It didn't ask for my KSSN when I signed up for it a few days ago. It asks for a cell phone number, but they didn't send me a message, and it says they will contact people via e-mail. Just pick 010 from the first box, then put any four numbers into each of the next two boxes.
    I still have KSSNs from buying into other korean mmos, the annoying thing is they mostly verify via korean cellphones.
    I had one verification request, which the seller I bought from did within 3 hours of me emailing them.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    There are fucking billions of the fuckers.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New Gameplay Trailer

Maybe D3's spoiled me, but it feels so... slow. x.x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting