Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GM stance on NM stealing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

GM stance on NM stealing

While my ls was forming to fight kirin earlier today, a couple members got tells from someone. He is the leader of a JP HNM ls, but that is beside the point. He had 3 fellow ls members with him in the Kirin room, he had followed us from fafnir, and told us he was gonna steal Kirin from us. The conversation went around in circles for a bit, but basically if the mob doesn't kill you after someone steals claim, they have done nothing wrong.

After enough questions and bitching on my part, the GM showed himself to them, and stayed for a short while. At the end of the chat, before we popped Kirin, the GM asked me to go to them, and /say that we did not want their help in any way with our fight, including healing us or helping on summons.

The fight went rather smoothly, and they stayed in the tunnel by the teleporter for most of the fight. The GM left early in our battle, and a couple of them (one a monk, another a pld) ran out a few times and looked around.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Stealing Kirin is about as low as it gets, although I have heard of numerous cases of them stealing him and then calling for help, much like any other HNM. Sadly some people don't themselves to any standards, and they could care less about you or your LS.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what i have gathered from GMs is that unless you MPK you can do whatever you want. Even then with MPK it has to be blatant. Telling someone you need no help or heals are assistance still will not matter in the long run!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roree
    From what i have gathered from GMs is that unless you MPK you can do whatever you want. Even then with MPK it has to be blatant. Telling someone you need no help or heals are assistance still will not matter in the long run!
    If you tell them you don't want help, and they still heal or whatever, it's harassment I believe. I think it's the same as spamming someone with a /check, spamming tells, etc. If you tell someone to stop, they are breaking ToS if they continue to harass you.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

spamming tells or /checks a GM will just tell you to /blist.