1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shadowbringers Support Thread

So I bought Shadowbrings from the SE store, clicked "unlock my activation key" for both the expansion and the pre-order bonus and got this:

No key under the expansion and the key under the pre-order bonus isn't 20 characters.

What am I doing wrong?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man that's dumb. The instructions for the "Pre-Order Bonus" have a link to a redeem site, which then you can use to get the 20 digit code which gives you "shadowbringers early access O" on your mogstation page....I'm assuming it give me regular shadowbringers too?

Why can't I just buy from my mogstations account SE and make it work? Why make it so convoluted.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

pre-order bonus gets you the earring/minion and early access
    actual key for shadowbringers unlocks AFTER early access is over

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

^

SE does this in the most ridiculous way possible but it has always been this way. Usually keys start shipping out a couple days before EA ends and you get a short grace period to register your code after it ends.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It saved my ass last expansion because their shitty store doesn't let you change the assigned shipping address to a CE you pre-ordered months in advance so I had to get a friend to pick up a package to an apartment 1.5k miles away I hadn't lived at for 3 months.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They really need a better guide. Good lord, this stuff is obtuse when you're only doing it once every few years. Its seriously easy to forget.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's almost like the Mogstation already has your payment info and that they could just let you buy it directly from that site into your account without fussing with serial keys, or additional sites/shops.

How does PS4 handle it anyways? I presume XIV is registered to your PSN account and it just recognizes the purchase (or registered serial from retail copy) from there?

i registered for the early access (steam version) and was wondering if i need to use a ready made character to log in? i made a character to reserve my name, but i wanna go as hrothgar, and don't have a phantasia. (new SE account since it's steam version.) wondering if i have to like... make another character, delete my old one, then make it over so i continue to have early access, or if i can just delete my character and remake it. (or gods forbid, i can't make a new character at all til 5.0 offical release.)

i would THINK i could just delete and remake it, but this is square enix we're talking about, soooo...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You could remake easily, that is if the server will let you create a new character since they might be overcrowded come early access

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I started getting the direct X crashes after the last patch. I crashed 7 times during the same CS sorting it out. After updating drivers (there is an nvidia hotfix for the issue, came out yesterday morning but you have to direct search for it, it's not on the app yet) and all the usual shit I was ready to do the full game reinstall, which seems to work for some folks when I found a post on the OF that said capping your FPS back down would work. I checked and I was uncapped, so tagged it at 60. This seemed to work for me, have had no issues since.

speaking of crashes, i'm having a lot of issues with black screen freezes myself. basically i'll be playing the game and at a random interval (sometimes after hours of playing, sometimes within 10 minutes, occasionally within seconds of loading the game, during the world select screen) the entire screen will go black, my computer freezes, and the sound continues for a while before stopping, usually stuck in some horrid sounding loop.

This ONLY happens during ffxiv, or sometimes playing rise of the tomb raider, or subnautica. no other game i've played does this. my GPU temp is around 59 degrees C at the current lower settings i have it on, thinking maybe it was a temperature issue. the CPU temp is hovering around 53-59C for core 0 and a couple degrees less for the other three. so it doesn't seem to be that.

I tried uninstalling all versions of java using java's cleaning tool then installing the newest 64-bit version, thinking maybe that would fix it, but if anything it made it worse. after one crash the version check wouldn't even validate and i had to delete the entire ffxiv folder then spend hours reinstalling to get back to logging in. i'm kind of at a loss at what's causing this issue, other than it SEEMS to be dx11 that causes it - i never had this issue with dx9, but i did with dx11. unfortunately, since my hiatus, it seems dx9 is no longer supported, which leaves me up a creek here.

my card is a radeon R9 390 series, and my CPU is an intel quad-core i7 950. (i know i know. i really need to upgrade that probably.)

Sounds like your card is dying to me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah sounds like a dying graphics card. Hope you can RMA it.

Otherwise try uninstalling your driver entirely and reinstalling it?

tried doing a clean reinstall of the graphics drivers. it mentioned it worked best with a fully updated windows... when i went to do a manual check for updates, i got an error saying the service was turned off or some such. after much effort trying to figure out why and much restarting, i discovered... windows update service was missing. so i downloaded malwarebytes and tried scanning, found some "maybe" virusus, quarantined em, did a windows update fixer thing, re-added the registry keys, and finally got windows update working, though a 2 updates of 4 failed, namely the monthly previews. THEN i did a clean uninstall of AMD followed by a newest installation and we'll see if my computer is no longer a trainwreck.

I'm starting to wonder if my registry is a mess and that's what's causing issues or something.

::edit:: 15 minutes later, failure - the last readings from GPU-z's log were this (starting readings are in parenthesis):

GPU Clock [MHz] 1015.0 (839.8)
    Memory Clock [MHz] 1500.0 (1500.0)
    GPU Temperature [°C] 61.0 (51.0)
    Fan Speed (%) [%] 69 (69)
    Fan Speed (RPM) [RPM] - note that i set this manually in wattman to try and avoid overheating, thinking maybe it was the issue: 3108 (3120)
    GPU Load [%] 0 <----this randomly spikes between like 0-1 and around 88-97 mostly. (0)
    Memory Controller Load [%] 0 <----this spikes as well, mainly between 0 and in the 50s. (0)
    Memory Used (Dedicated) [MB] 1503 (1420)
    Memory Used (Dynamic) [MB] 294 (284)
    12V [V] 11.63 (11.63)
    VDDC [V] 1.242 (1.070)
    VDDCI [V] 1.031 (1.031)
    VDDC Current In [A] 9.7 (2.8)
    VDDC Current Out [A] 108.5 (42.5)
    VDDC Power In [W] 117.9 (73.3)
    VDDC Power Out [W] 81.5 (80.8)
    VRM Temperature 1 [°C] 48 (41)
    VRM Temperature 2 [°C] 56 (51)

looking around on the internet, it seems to possibly be an issue with the r9 390 series and dx11, as apparently many other owners of such have the same problem. only issue is, i can't seem to find a solution to it, and the issue has been around for a few years. ;;

figured it out. took out the graphics card and PSU, and found a decent amount of dust in the latter. blew out both to something resembling halfway clean, and screwed both in, making sure the graphics card was seated in well. haven't had a single crash since.

i'm thinking maybe the PSU was overheating, causing it to cut power to the graphics card or something. that or the GPU wasn't seated properly.

And as an aside, for some reason radeon's new anti-lag feature... causes massive lag spikes in ffxiv. <_< like, the fps tanks to 5-10 every several seconds. so much for THAT, lol.