+ Reply to Thread

Can't connect online via itunes etc...

I've searched so many different sites to help with this problem but to no avail. =/

Basically whenever I open itunes, torrent program etc it says I am not connected to the Internet despite me being able to access the Internet through Firefox. I've tried reinstalling the programs and resetting some other Internet settings but still no luck.

Help BG Tech! ;_;

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are you behind a proxy?

I don't think so, but how can I check this? ^^;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Who do you get your interent connection from?

Are you running an Antivirus program?

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Firewall program do you have one? or who set up your computer? did you? or did someone else? do you have a router? a super shitty ISP? we need more info

Ok, so my ISP is 'Nagasaki Cable Media' and I am accessing it through Wi-Fi.

I have been using this for about 2 months now and I have not had any problems before. The only change I've made recently is that I started using Firefox instead of Opera (lol opera yeah >.>)

I've tried disabling my firewall and other stuff, even tried switching back to Opera but still having the same problems. I'd rather stick with Firefox now and get everything else working again.

*Bump* Any suggestions? =)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Have you scanned your Pc for viruses?

Ah yes, 'Reapers'
    BG Level

I can't imagine why Firefox would knock anything out... but perhaps it closed a few ports.
    Your torrent software should have an option in the options menu to test if the required port is open or not. Follow those instructions and see if the port has been closed.

It'd be strange if it has closed any ports and even then it shouldn't completely cut off internet access to these programs. Try it anyway just to be sure and let us know.

Also, as above, try scanning for any viruses.

I figured it out. At school I have to use a proxy to access the Internet there. When I use the Internet at home I need to deactivate it or I can't get online. For some reason firefox has been bypassing and accessing the Internet so I didn't realise it was still active. ~_~

Now there are no restrictions and everything can access the Internet again. Thanks for the help though guys, appreciate it. =)