+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multi-Monitor Gaming     submit to reddit submit to twitter

desolation yes hesitation no
    Bait of the House of Weave

BG Level

Multi-Monitor Gaming

I am really interested in buying a 2nd 24" monitor for gaming. I am a little worried about the bezels getting in the way while trying to play games. If you have some input it would be appreciated. I would mostly be playing FFXI some MW2, TF2. If you have some snapshots of your setup with a game up that would be nice. Im just afraid that it would make playing FPS horrible.

Ketna

What are you afraid of? That the mouse is going to go off screen while playing fps?

and this should be moved to tech.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Do you have a video card that can do it? Something like ATI's new series with Eyefinity that can make multiple monitors act like one.

If you do, and want really wide res gaming, 3 monitors is the way to go. The bezels will really fuck up FPS games w/ 2.

My card supports multiple monitors but not acting as one which is actually not bad. Games only span 1 monitor, but it nice being able to have stuff up on the other monitor.

desolation yes hesitation no
    Bait of the House of Weave

BG Level

Yeah sorry about that, thought I was posting in Gaming Discussion, not General Discussion. I was thinking about doing 2 monitors for the time being, I have a GTX285, and maybe next year pick up a 3rd monitor and a HD5000 series card. I just wanted to know how bad having the bezels affects your gaming, especially fps.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

With 2 monitors I just play games fullscreen on one and leave the other for firefox or w/e. I can't imagine trying to play an FPS with a giant stripe down the middle of your field of view. Go for 3 monitors if you really want to use them all for a single game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

yea, most people either use 3 to game with, if they have 2, they just use 1 full screen and the 2nd is for everything else (web, movies, IM) Especially for shooter games where you really have to focus on the center of your screen most of the time, having just 2 monitors will hurt you more than it'll help