+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pokemon Uranium     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Pokemon Uranium

Has anyone else played this yet? The developer made this game in 9 years and it's one hell of a Pokemon game, retail quality. Unfortunately, Nintendo made the owner take the download links off his site, but there are many downloads of the installer available elsewhere. Also there are multiplayer battles and trades built in!

New region, new Pokemon which are very well made. And also contains NUZLOCKE mode for all you hardcore people.

http://www.pokemonuranium.com/

I do have the installer in my personal Dropbox, but won't share it directly here (not quite sure if that kind of thing is against BG code). PM me if you need.

Here's an awesome wiki with all game info you could want. http://pokemon-uranium.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Newest Update is 1.0.1 that brings some bug fixes. The updater with 1.0 is currently broken, though it's fixable. Follow these instructions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHQrNxjmhuo

Game has an ID for each player for the online stuff, you can find it out by accessing any of the NPC's in the back of a PokeCenter.
    If anyone is playing, I'll list the online IDs here so we can trade/battle it up! You can also add friends to your friend list by accessing the right most NPC on the second floor of a PokeCenter.

BG Online IDs:
    • Bori: 148891
    • Kaelan? : 204424

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I have it, but for some reason I can't get the online portion of the game to work.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I have it, but for some reason I can't get the online portion of the game to work.
    Have you tried updating to 1.0.1?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's definitely retail quality and definitely worth checking out. The UI isn't very friendly (there's no intuitive way to map controls to a gamepad, no simple means of installing/running it on a moblie device, and Alt+ENTER is the only way to enter its shitty fullscreen).
    But there are workarounds to all of these shortcomings. Otherwise it's a gorgeous amalgamation of Gen III-V assets in a unique world with a less-than-cliche story.

PLUS THERE'S A DUNSPARSE EVOLUTION!!!!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

^ The unofficial patch adds a fullscreen mode: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonuran...patch_updated/

Idk about retail quality, there's still a bunch of bugs in the game, some UI stuff that needs fixing (grey text on white background, etc) and some major things missing in the game (i.e there's no way to get hidden abilities, some breeding moves are impossible to get right now, like half of the move tutors don't actually exist yet).

But it's playable start to finish, it's a pretty good pokemon game and a lot of the fakemon are actually pretty amazing (Gargryph is fucking awesome and needs to be in a Nintendo game like yesterday). I like the starters in this game more than the starters in any of the real pokemon games - they're all actually good and worth using, so you basically can't make a wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    The GTS has been down for the last few days, someone's been uploading masses of hacked pokemon that mess up your save file. There don't seem to actually be any server side filters for that sort of thing yet, so the dev took the servers down for now. I think direct trades still work?

Edit: Oh, whenever they get the GTS backup, my trainer ID is 42916

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan? View Post
    ^ The unofficial patch adds a fullscreen mode: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonuran...patch_updated/

Idk about retail quality, there's still a bunch of bugs in the game, some UI stuff that needs fixing (grey text on white background, etc) and some major things missing in the game (i.e there's no way to get hidden abilities, some breeding moves are impossible to get right now, like half of the move tutors don't actually exist yet).

But it's playable start to finish, it's a pretty good pokemon game and a lot of the fakemon are actually pretty amazing (Gargryph is fucking awesome and needs to be in a Nintendo game like yesterday). I like the starters in this game more than the starters in any of the real pokemon games - they're all actually good and worth using, so you basically can't make a wrong choice.

The GTS has been down for the last few days, someone's been uploading masses of hacked pokemon that mess up your save file. There don't seem to actually be any server side filters for that sort of thing yet, so the dev took the servers down for now. I think direct trades still work?

Edit: Oh, whenever they get the GTS backup, my trainer ID is 42916
    There seems to be a player ID and a separate online ID. What's your online ID? Can find it in GTS screen on top.

BG Level

There is a fucking Titanic pokemon.

http://pokemon-uranium.wikia.com/wiki/Titanice

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, you're right. Haven't done much w/ the online yet. My online ID is 204424

BG Level

Oh, you're right. Haven't done much w/ the online yet. My online ID is 204424
    Added you.

Also this game, paired with Joy2Key and a PS4 controller, is even better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Added you. And I completely forgot about Joy2Key, I'm definitely gonna set that up next time I sit down to play.

In other news, I may or may not be addicted to breeding things. It's a small touch, but man I love having IVs visible on the status screen

Spoiler: show

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Anyone with an IPT account, this got uploaded recently in the games section.

Haven't checked it out yet but I am thinking about putting it on my laptop for some fun on the go.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Anyone with an IPT account, this got uploaded recently in the games section.

Haven't checked it out yet but I am thinking about putting it on my laptop for some fun on the go.
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Been thinking about checking this out.

BG Level

Added you. And I completely forgot about Joy2Key, I'm definitely gonna set that up next time I sit down to play.

In other news, I may or may not be addicted to breeding things. It's a small touch, but man I love having IVs visible on the status screen

Spoiler: show

Is the IV the first number in the bracket? I would assume it's a percentage too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, it's [base stat] (IV: 0~31 / EV: 0~252). Lmk if anyone wants any of those with 4 or 5 IVs, I have a bunch lying around my box from breeding and would feel like a waste just Wonder Trading them away

BG Level

So Wonder Trade is kind of hilarious. Sent over a level 4 Dunsparce, and got a level 28 Gligar. Shitty IVs but whatever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wonder Trade is p. great. I mostly get Chyinmunks and Cubbugs, but every now and then somebody sends this

I almost threw it away before I checked the Nature/IVs. Now I make sure I always double check everything lol

BG Level

Wonder Trade is p. great. I mostly get Chyinmunks and Cubbugs, but every now and then somebody sends this

I almost threw it away before I checked the Nature/IVs. Now I make sure I always double check everything lol
    The Gligar sometimes disobeys my commands. Guess it hates me lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All nuclear type disobey commands, even if you're the OT.