+ Reply to Thread
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PSP - Is newer stuff moddable yet?

Can't find the old thread, so I'm posting a new one instead.

Anyways, new MGS game came out, and I'm looking into buying myself a new PSP (after E3 if nothing new gets announced), and from what I came across, apparently Datel has found a way to load their own hombrew software (Action Replay) that works across all PSP models and up to firmware 6.20 (the latest).

Hard to find information regarding this (other than a couple youtube clips), but does anyone know if there's been a downgrader made yet or possibly CFW for 6.20? I never used my old PSP much for pirating psp games, but more-or-less handheld NES/SNES emulaton as well as raping the load times on the UMD titles I own.
    (Both GTA Stories sucked without near instant loading from mem. card and 333mhz CPU for super smooth framerate)

[EDIT] Seems like two coders in the scene has made a "Half Byte Loader" for homebrew on 6.20, I guess I'll start googling some info on that. If I can at least have my SNES on-the-go I'll be happy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think Imma get another PSP, I loved it for the emulators and I downloaded some PSP games too. I just not sure if I want a PSP Slim or the Go

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

I don't think the go is hackable atm, not certain though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

1. Any PSP 5.03 or under OFW can be hacked (at least partially to play games off the stick).

2. Any PSP that is above 5.03 that can be pandora'ed (1000's and a large portion of 2000's) is easily hackable. 3000's above 5.03 are unhackable. The PSPGo is unhackable. This is in relation to CFW & games on the stick.

3. Any PSP running 6.20 can be exploited with the HBL (Half Byte Loader). This will allow you to play any home brew PSP apps (all PSP's including the Go are vulnerable to this exploit). You can not play non-home brew at this time nor can you flash/downgrade your PSP with this exploit yet.

4. Any game currently out can be played on CFW (Both M33 and Hen) if you are willing to decrypt the eboot and patch it. (I did this for peace walker that i bought in ~15 min)

HBL info & DL - http://pspslimhacks.com/papaton-2-ex...rew-on-psp-go/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks for all that dude. I've been out of the PSP Scene for awhile since I bricked mine years ago...(I 'fixed' it with a pandora battery, but then it just stopped booting altogether)
    I may wait awhile for them to completely hack the Go maybe.

I just want them to hack the go so I can use a dual-shock 3, only damn feature I want from it.

I hacked my PSP for a controller mod already, but (the way I did it) makes it completely unportable as well, lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't the PSP Go have the function to pair up with a dualshock 3 controller, or was that just for the XMB operation and not games?

Thanks for the link lilfoo, the site I used to use for info on that kind of stuff fell on the wayside. ;/

On another note, I fucking hate Konami for using the Metal Gear Solid series as a means of selling gaming systems to me. I gave in and bought the MGS4 bundle (which I don't regret one bit after later seeing it was the last model to support PS2 BC), and it looks like I'll be doing the same for that slick green PSP bundle after E3.