Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FFXIV E3 Trailer Screenshot Breakdown (48 screenshots)

Some sorta new screenshots you guys might be interested in: detailed screenshot breakdown of the full e3 trailer. You might notice in the boat scene all of the humes in the background are the same exact model~ thought that was strange.. especially since the devs mentioned that part of the trailer came from the in-game engine.

Apologies ahead of time if this is the wrong section I couldn't locate the main FFXIV thread.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    Some sorta new screenshots you guys might be interested in: detailed screenshot breakdown of the full e3 trailer. You might notice in the boat scene all of the humes in the background are the same exact model~ thought that was strange.. especially since the devs mentioned that part of the trailer came from the in-game engine.

Apologies ahead of time if this is the wrong section I couldn't locate the main FFXIV thread.
    Its in development and they probably rushed a trailer for E3.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yesh.. if anyone remembers the first FFXI trailer from long time ago, it looked like sh*t compared to the finished game. So no worries.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Its in development and they probably rushed a trailer for E3.
    Why do so many people say this about every title that has a discussion around it. E3 had a fixed date, they knew they were going to show the title, they knew they were going to have to have a trailer, what would make you think that they "rushed a trailer for E3". I highly doubt some SE exec came in a day before they flew over and said "Hai guyz times to make teh trailers k?".

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Pretty sure in one of the Q&A sessions they had the devs said they spent a lot of time on the trailer.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
    Why do so many people say this about every title that has a discussion around it. E3 had a fixed date, they knew they were going to show the title, they knew they were going to have to have a trailer, what would make you think that they "rushed a trailer for E3". I highly doubt some SE exec came in a day before they flew over and said "Hai guyz times to make teh trailers k?".
    Or maybe it's more like "meh E3 is coming up and we're soo busy making this new MMO.. let's make a halfassed ingame teaser fast so we can get back to workr"

Sony told them to make a rushed trailer for E3 (to counter FFXIII 360?) while they were expecting to do one for TGS (September 24th). Probably.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    You might notice in the boat scene all of the humes in the background are the same exact model~
    Not only that. All player characters seem to have the exact same armor on them, regardless of race or job.
    But as others said, the ingame engine stuff was rushed for E3 most likely.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im sure that trailer is going to represent FFXIV perfectly like this one did for XI.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That FFXI trailer represents the game quite well. At least everything shown there is done with the ingame engine, while most of the FFXIV stuff is rendered.
    The FFXI trailer gives a small glance at battles and various zones and mobs. I think the trailer for XIV has far less in common with the actual game, but we'll see.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there an actual CS in the game where a goobue eats a mandy? That was awesome.

New Odin
    BG Level

Nope, makes me fear that we might not see that giant sea monster attacking a ferry-scene in XIV =(

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Is there an actual CS in the game where a goobue eats a mandy? That was awesome.
    They originally wanted the monsters in game have their own ecosystem where they attacked and assisted each other but it was eventually scrapped(and resurfaced in some form in FFXII). I'm kinda glad to be honest; how fucking annoying would it be to go exp off of a mob and have another mob type start killing your mobs? >_>

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

"The XP party has become a threat to the pug's food supply of crabs! Pugil monsters will now aggro for a period of 15 minutes!"

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

The environments are so beautiful. I am wondering if the areas will be pathed with awesome backgrounds like in FF10 (kinda), or if they will continue to be very wide open like FFXI. I remember when I started playing 11 i felt like the areas were barren until I got to the later areas and just "got used to it." With the quality of these areas I hope they are still fully open like they are in 11 (for the most part).

Hype vs. Reality

I've seen a lot of people jump on the FFXIV bandwagon already. My only thought is don't believe the hype they are feeding you. You should not buy the game cause you saw a 1 minute trailer. From what I've read at various game sites the way they are doing battle and leveling sounds terrible. Read the interview at ign.com. It could change from now till the game is released but I really have zero interest in FFXIV. Screenshots / graphics mean nothing to me if the gameplay is no good.

New Odin
    BG Level

The thing is, so far it sounds good. If all I got for info before release was this much I wouldn't be buying it either, but for now it's enough to keep my interest. When TGS comes we'll see how it really is.

And to me different = good. Same old = bad. That's what this genre really needs >_>

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    I was thinking the same thing actually.

Is that Blue Magic around 1:04?

Quote Originally Posted by thomassmith View Post
    I've seen a lot of people jump on the FFXIV bandwagon already. My only thought is don't believe the hype they are feeding you. You should not buy the game cause you saw a 1 minute trailer. From what I've read at various game sites the way they are doing battle and leveling sounds terrible. Read the interview at ign.com. It could change from now till the game is released but I really have zero interest in FFXIV. Screenshots / graphics mean nothing to me if the gameplay is no good.
    Your logic fails here bud.

I agree that people shouldn't make their decision to buy the game after watching some cool looking trailers, but you also shouldn't write off the game due to a few really early interviews about gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by thomassmith View Post
    Dude its fucking IGN when they did the review for FF11 they said alot of dumb shit here are the ones on top of my head. They also tried to patch it as they were bashed

"Mithra are an elfish race"
    "Red mages are allowed to cast both school but they cast slower because of it"
    "Rangers Shadowbind paralyzes"

They said many many dumb things about JAs and stuff that didnt happen