Thread: Random Disconnects?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Random Disconnects?

Anyone else been plagued by disconnects these last few days? 2-3 people including myself that I know of have been getting persistent DCs every 30min - 1h for the last few days. Haven't done anything to my comp, router, no excessive downloading or anything like that. But seriously, this is getting past the point of a minor annoyance.

So, anyone else having these problems / fixed this / know what's wrong?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

not me

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

R0s or freezes? I don't R0 much, but I do have freezes lots (I heard it might be windower, but idk D: )

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I d.c maybe once a day because the server kicks me (Gawd knows why). Lately though, even if I do go around checking firefox or playing Warhammer Beta, FFXI always randomly d/cs me for no apparent reason. If I stand still and go eat or watch some T.V, I come back with the server kicking me.

I checked the whole idle thing and it was off, so I found it odd, now to be able to stay online, I have to keep my mousie to the side of the screen so my whole window keeps circling around my character. Only way to keep him. Not sure if It has to do with my internet or not, but it's pretty annoying.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Hummm, R:0 I guess. Redball all of the sudden, any zone, anytime. Sometimes as soon as I go in, other times maybe an hour in.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This happened to me a while back. I called SE and they told me to do port forwarding on my router. It fixes the problem but other computers in the house are unable to connect to the internet, i donno why. But anyways, you have to set up a Static IP Address on your computer, then port forward port numbers 25, 80, 110, 443, 1024-65535 TCP, and 50000-65535 UCP.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I have been getting knocked off a lot lately- last time I only R0'd though, came back, but all my plugins are no longer working despite being loaded.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar View Post
    I have been getting knocked off a lot lately- last time I only R0'd though, came back, but all my plugins are no longer working despite being loaded.
    same o.O

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

If you D/C and it punts you back to POL you usually have to reload your init file or turn on your add-ons manually.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You might also want to check your other wireless devices. I found that replacing my wireless mouse with an old-fashioned wired one instantly lowered the instances of random disconnects.

Either that, or adjust the...broadcast channel or whatever it is, on your router.

I'm getting one where all the PCs in the house which are logged in-game (2 main characters and a mule I keep logged on) are getting booted at the same time, but the net's still working because I can surf/watch crap on youtube/vent without interruption.

Just started happening lately - when we got booted before it WAS an ISP issue cos the whole internet went, not sure this is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wait a sec, shouldn't this be in Technical Support?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ummm, I put it here since nothing else in my home is being affected I wanted to see if this was a FF server issue.

Anyways, the problem ... fixed itself... I guess? Stopped DC'ing after like 4-5 days. >.> Still annoying as fuck though.